For any truckers out there who want to use the Android App Recap+ to record HOS. I've converted it to .bar and you can now sideload it. Works great. PM me and I'll email it to you.
    10-14-12 02:45 PM
    Is it MTO approved?
    10-14-12 04:09 PM
    I definitely want to record HOs on my playbook. j/ks
    10-14-12 05:14 PM
    If BigRoad came to Playbook that would be great.
    10-14-12 06:57 PM
    Is it MTO approved?
    Not sure why you'd need it to be MTO approved. It's a recap program that helps you keep track of Hours used, hours available and daily miles. It does not replace logs or act as an EOBR.
    10-14-12 09:14 PM
    If BigRoad came to Playbook that would be great.
    I'm converting it as we speak. I'll let you know if I get it going.
    10-14-12 09:18 PM
    Ok, bigroad is converted and working. I have no account, so I can't test it. I can however send you the .bar file.

edit: Not that I figured it all out. It is working perfectly on the Playbook. I still prefer Recap+, but I'll send you this if you'd like. Or I can send you instructions on how to do it yourself.
    Last edited by Lendo78; 10-14-12 at 09:44 PM.
    10-14-12 09:24 PM
    Not sure why you'd need it to be MTO approved. It's a recap program that helps you keep track of Hours used, hours available and daily miles. It does not replace logs or act as an EOBR.
    There are programs that are MTO approved that aren't OBR. The services cost though and they run on Windows. I see a lot of drivers like using these reference apps. Unless it could replace my written log I wouldn't be interested.
    10-14-12 11:17 PM
    There are programs that are MTO approved that aren't OBR. The services cost though and they run on Windows. I see a lot of drivers like using these reference apps. Unless it could replace my written log I wouldn't be interested.
    In that case, you may want to check out BigRoad. It does have a log section which allows inspection mode going back as many days as you allow. I prefer paper logs to elogs, but that's just me. The Recap+ is simply a 14 day recap calculator that makes life easier for me. I've converted and run both now. They work great on the playbook.
    10-15-12 06:03 AM
    In that case, you may want to check out BigRoad. It does have a log section which allows inspection mode going back as many days as you allow. I prefer paper logs to elogs, but that's just me. The Recap+ is simply a 14 day recap calculator that makes life easier for me. I've converted and run both now. They work great on the playbook.
    I did check it out as well. Although it seems to have a few extras it's still not MTO approved. I guess we will just have to wait for them to come up with a solution for the new technology. I'm not dragging a printer around with me either. Lol.
    10-15-12 08:13 AM
    I did check it out as well. Although it seems to have a few extras it's still not MTO approved. I guess we will just have to wait for them to come up with a solution for the new technology. I'm not dragging a printer around with me either. Lol.
    Well it passed an MTO inspection at a scale on the 401 and also in QC. So approved or not, it is accepted as long as you have a PreTrip book that separate.
    10-20-12 09:06 AM
    BigRoad has been updated to include a Pre-Trip and was acceted by US DOT in MI and WI last week.
    12-25-12 09:32 AM
    You can now sign your log sheet electronically. Making it DOT compliant.
    Weetrucker likes this.
    02-22-13 09:33 PM
    If there was a way to make this work it would be GREAT. I cant get past the error message "not signed" ..
    07-14-13 05:47 PM