I figured I might as well review this little accessory which I went out and purchased. Prior to buying TRU HD screen protector I was very skeptical, I mean who the **** pays $30 for a friggen screen protector, especially with some cheaper alternatives on Amazon and Ebay.

Upon searching non-stop I found no review for the PlayBook version, but a friend of mine said he had one and really liked it. So I bit the bullet, went and bought the anti-glare one which was slightly more than the original HD one. I find it works really well in brightly lit areas as it doesn't reflect the light to greatly. It was also extremely easy to put on, with ZERO air bubbles, I'm usually screwing these screen protectors up with all the bubbles and dust. This one was a breeze. It feels fantastic, my finger slides across the screen rather than stick like it used to with the glass screen. Furthermore, I noticed it is very durable and scratch resistant. Ya, I keep it in my convertable case most of the time, but it get's tons of use. Finally, my biggest pet peeve with the glass was the fingerprints, WOW, with this I will only leave fingerprints if my hands are dirty, and who uses their playbook with dirty hands???.

So to sum it up.

Price: 5/10 (Pretty expensive, but I'm very happy with it, don't know how competition stacks up)
    Installation: 9/10 (Would have been nice if they had a video tutorial like for their other products)
    Durability: 10/10 (Scratch resistant, no fingerprints)
    Usability: 10/10 (Screen is nicer to use, smooth gliding across glass, doesn't impair brightness of screen or decrease visibility, plus I can use in bright areas no problem)

Overall: 8/10

HD Anti-Glare Film - Blackberry - Shop

I'll post some pictures later. Hope this is helpful.
    10-14-11 01:35 AM
    dam i want one...but seems too pricey! at 15 its a no brainer!
    10-14-11 01:40 AM
    Anti-glare would be unnecessary for most PB uses. The screen is so vivid, bright and powerful that even in full sun the display is the belle of the ball. Now if you worked in full sun all the time and wanted to maximize battery life by dimming screen output, I could see how anti-glare might be of some limited benefit.
    10-14-11 02:41 AM
    I bought the Bodyguardz armour which comes with the carbon fibre back protector and a anti glare screen protector for US$29.95, the screen protector is top quality and no air bubbles which is a miracle for me, would highly recommend.
    10-14-11 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD