Recently I've rebooted my playbook and I'm trying to figure out how to get android apps on. I tried to use the chrome playbook app manager, but it appears that it does not work anymore. When you get the expected SSL error, there is no longer an option to continue anyways. I tried to download an older version of chrome, but the webstore is no longer supported on old versions, and I could not figure out how to load extensions offline. The Firefox method no longer works, nor does loading the chrome extension into Firefox.

I then tried to install vnBB but it just tells me I need java runtime installed, which I do.

The only program that I can get anywhere with is DDPB, but it doesn't seem to actually install the apps? I give it the bar, it says installing, but nothing ever appears on the playbook.

Any suggestions on how to get android apps on? My playbook is running version 2.1.0.1917 so rooting is out of the question unfortunately.
    10-21-18 10:31 AM
    DBBT and Sachesi (my favorite) work well for sideloading. Perhaps you are trying to install an incompatible android app? Remember the ancient android runtime on the PlayBook will only accept Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and even many of those apps will not work/install properly. It's mostly trial and error but look for minimum android version requirements before trying to sideload. If it is above 2.3 then don't bother even trying. Good Luck!
    Obsoletest likes this.
    10-21-18 05:26 PM
    Thanks! I managed to get a few apps on using Sachesi. It's not the easiest to find apps that are compatible with 2.3, but I found some.
    10-21-18 06:51 PM