I have an earlier thread posted 12-23-2011 http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=680839 detailing my frustrating problem of the Adobe reader not doing what is was written to do actually read PDFs! As stated in the old thread I contacted customer support and the guy on the line admitted to me that there are problems with the Adobe reader promising that they would be addressed with the 2.0 release. Well 2.0 is here and guess what? Same fracking problem! Wish RIM would get its sh-t together
    02-27-12 12:12 AM
    It is interesting that there is no change from the poor app provided with the pb from adobe. Some folks are recommending 3rd party android's repligo.
    02-27-12 08:31 AM
    Adobe reader is a piece of crap and always has been. Has nothing to do with RIM. I scan my docs in Acrobat and everything works fine. Other programs add metadata to the PDF file that some version of Adobe Reader won't handle. Same thing happens in Linux. Adobe says they fully support other platforms but it simply isn't true. Blame Adobe, not RIM.
    02-27-12 08:50 AM
    Adobe reader is a piece of crap and always has been. Has nothing to do with RIM. I scan my docs in Acrobat and everything works fine. Other programs add metadata to the PDF file that some version of Adobe Reader won't handle. Same thing happens in Linux. Adobe says they fully support other platforms but it simply isn't true. Blame Adobe, not RIM.
    If thats the case then why is there no other pdf readers available in app world to purchase? Plus as I stated earlier RIM customer service assured me that this problem would be solved with 2.0.
    02-27-12 01:40 PM
    Were the PDF's your attempting to read originally created with Adobe, or converted to a PDF from a 3rd party application?
    02-27-12 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD