I've had my PlayBook a few months and love it. I use it mostly through Bridge to open emails. Lately, my Excel files won't open. One of two things happens. After I hit "tap to download," it starts to download, then apparently stops and goes back to the inbox. At other times, it gets a little further, with the green Excel screen, but then it stops again and goes back to the inbox. I use Outlook. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    05-16-13 08:54 PM
    I've had my PlayBook a few months and love it. I use it mostly through Bridge to open emails. Lately, my Excel files won't open. One of two things happens. After I hit "tap to download," it starts to download, then apparently stops and goes back to the inbox. At other times, it gets a little further, with the green Excel screen, but then it stops again and goes back to the inbox. I use Outlook. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    possibly the file is to large or has certain macros enabled that Docs to Go can't read? I can't say for certain as I haven't had a playbook in a while, and never ran across an excel issue in my time of having one. I'll pass this along to other Ambassadors to see if they can further assist you. BTW what device are you bridging the playbook with?
    05-16-13 09:17 PM
    I'll see if I can wrestle the PB away from the kids later and check it out.

In the meantime, have you tried simply resetting the PB to see if that's all it needs?
    05-16-13 09:36 PM
    Are you accessing Excel files that are attached to emails ?
    Are you doing this under bridge email capabilities or within the PB email client ?

Could you describe further the XL files ? What version, what size, is there macros or VBs activated ...

Sorry, it's difficult to diagnose "as-is". If there's nothing private/confidential within one of these XL files, let me know in PM, I'll give you an email address where you can FW it for me testing.
    05-17-13 02:18 AM
    I apologize for the delay in responding. I'm not always able to get time for this forum. In any event, the files aren't too large. There are times when they do open properly. I'm bridging to a 9900. They are attachments. doing all this under the bridging function. I've tried to reboot, but using the command found under the battery icon, the same icon that gives the "standy" option. If there's another, more robust reboot, I'd like to know. I'm unable to forward the files, as they belong to another company.
    05-22-13 09:30 PM