The human species has a terrible history of ethnic cleansing going back to evolutionary times when the homo sapiens wiped out the neanderthals. Look at how the Spanish Christians effectively wiped out the Moors from the Iberian Peninsula in the 1400's. More recent history showed the German Christians trying to get rid of the German Jews, the Irish Catholics trying to get rid of the Irish Protestants and the Rwandan Tutsis vs. the Rwandan Hutus and again with the Serbs and Croats in the Balkans.

All of which is a perhaps too dramatic intro to my perspective in the 21st century where it appears the ios people are trying to get rid of the bb people, in this case not to get rid of the people themselves, but to convert (a la Spanish inquisition) them to the ios way. They're not happy that they've managed to convince most US residents to adopt their battery hogging, data-hogging devices, they insist everyone else everywhere else do the same. A friend of mine who has forked over the $500 for each and every variation of the device THAT CHANGED EVERYTYING... AGAIN!!! recently said "come on, wouldn't it be so much easier if we all were using the same devices". Which reminds me of an attitude common in an earlier generation that all people should learn to speak English, instead of English-speaking people making an effort to learn other languages.

And so you have the closed ecosystem run by Apple with devices that pretty much run best with other Apple devices. But no, they're not happy to just play in their own field, they have to try to pressure everyone else to do the same. Reading the threads in this forum, I am certain there is a concerted effort by Apple devotees to crap on BB every chance they get. Yes, AlNamVet, it does indeed look like we're under attack. For this reason, I think the forum moderators here should be even more vigilant to delete troll posts and fix thread titles to match what is actually written in the post, not some extreme inflammatory version of their topic. For example, one guy set up a thread to say he couldn't find a good GPS navigation app for the PB that will work offline... but his thread was entitled something like "PB GPS not working"... and the forums moderator thought it was a funny title and he wouldn't change it.

Sorry for the rant but god it is so unbelievable some of the cr*p that is posted here. Like today, 3 new posts, each complaining of a different hardware failure on the PB, each got an RMA replacement, and each replacement had the exactly identical hardware problem. Really???

OK, I am ready to be flamed here...
    02-11-12 05:45 PM
    Good job Patrick.
    02-11-12 05:49 PM
    Excuse me, it was the Moops.
    02-11-12 05:54 PM
    You complain about people being inflamatory and you are comparing fanboyism to "ethic cleansing"?!

WOW.

Incredibly insulting to the peoples that have been subject to attempted ethnic cleansing to imply that what they have gone through is in any way similar to fanboys posting insults on a website.
    DAnklaud, Chrisy and Swirlz like this.
    02-11-12 05:55 PM
    Mommy button at the ready and so are My Scissors!!!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-11-12 05:55 PM
    Finger on the M230 Chain gun trigger.....
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-11-12 06:00 PM
    Personally I think it goes both ways between BB and Apple and even droid now. People want to defend the product they use and love. Im not a fan boy of either, I have an iphone and a Playbook. For every Apple fanboy, you got a BB fanboy as sell. Both are annoying.
    02-11-12 06:03 PM
    Best post ever!
    02-11-12 06:04 PM
    ethic cleansing - what happens to a politician or bureaucrat within the first three months of assuming office.
    rjedge54, peter9477 and Chrisy like this.
    02-11-12 06:18 PM
    Fanboys think that RIM/Apple/whoever can do no wrong and trolls take the opposite stance, thinking these companies can do no right.

What's wrong with telling it like it is? One doesn't have to take such a drastic stance on either side.

This partisan bull is getting pretty old. People need to grow up and be real.

And comparing RIM v. Apple to genocide? No words........
    Swirlz and DAnklaud like this.
    02-11-12 06:20 PM
    If you don't identify with the technology you own it really doesn't matter what someone else says about the Playbook.

There are probably a few people here who are trying to get a rise out of PB owners -- but so what? Have you visited Macrumors? If you do, you'll see people who sharply criticize Apple on a daily basis.
    nasa25 likes this.
    02-11-12 06:24 PM
    The only way to get rid of trolls is not replying to their post.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-11-12 06:25 PM
    ethic cleansing - what happens to a politician or bureaucrat within the first three months of assuming office.
    LOL! Nice cathch! I didn't even notice the typo! Well Played.
    02-11-12 06:26 PM
    If one is going to parse the OP's thread, and introduce one's personal bias to fit one's agenda, then the thread can be misconstrued in a thousand ways. Some here need to learn how to use context in order to fully appreciate the spirit and intent of the post, as well as gain a full and accurate interpretation of what is really being said.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-11-12 06:28 PM
    oh god "IT WAS NOT THE MOOPS IT WAS THE MOORS!"

Really needed a good laugh today. THANKS FOR THAT!!!
    granne2970 likes this.
    02-11-12 06:30 PM
    I thought moops were a small bovine lacking in lactating abilities.

Seinfeld misused the term for Moors.
    02-11-12 06:33 PM
    My poor little bubble boy.
    02-11-12 06:35 PM
    typos all over the place.... good cathch!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-11-12 at 06:42 PM.
    02-11-12 06:38 PM
    oh god "IT WAS NOT THE MOOPS IT WAS THE MOORS!"

Really needed a good laugh today. THANKS FOR THAT!!!
    The MODS should create a section for those posts and replies that fit your complaints. I think I have the name..."The Festivus Pole, Trolls Welcome".
    02-11-12 06:41 PM
    typos all over the place.... good cathch!
    Hey, most of us are typing on PlayBooks here.
    02-11-12 06:45 PM
    The human species has a terrible history of ethnic cleansing going back to evolutionary times when the homo sapiens wiped out the neanderthals.
    Actually, volcanic activity is what killed off the Neanderthal. Not only did modern man co-exist with them, in many cases they interbred. To go even somewhat further, digs have verified that there were several groups of hominids co-existing, Homo-Sapiens included, in communities appx 200k years ago.

In fact, the Neanderthal was not the "caveman" you think he was. If you gave him a haircut, a shave and maybe even throw a Brooks Brothers suit on him, he could walk past you on the street and you probably wouldn't notice.

Cheers!
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-11-12 06:48 PM
    ... iTroll

I was getting a kick out of the guy that bought 3 PB's in a row from a box store, each one was faulty and he returned it for another. On his fourth trip to the store he decided to open each sealed box in front of the salesperson and each and everyone had a dead pixel, so on his seventh PB from the same store he got a good one... But then he got it home and realized it had a bulge in the back.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    02-11-12 06:53 PM
    The human species has a terrible history of ethnic cleansing going back to evolutionary times when the homo sapiens wiped out the neanderthals. Look at how the Spanish Christians effectively wiped out the Moors from the Iberian Peninsula in the 1400's. More recent history showed the German Christians trying to get rid of the German Jews, the Irish Catholics trying to get rid of the Irish Protestants and the Rwandan Tutsis vs. the Rwandan Hutus and again with the Serbs and Croats in the Balkans.

All of which is a perhaps too dramatic intro to my perspective in the 21st century where it appears the ios people are trying to get rid of the bb people, in this case not to get rid of the people themselves, but to convert (a la Spanish inquisition) them to the ios way. They're not happy that they've managed to convince most US residents to adopt their battery hogging, data-hogging devices, they insist everyone else everywhere else do the same. A friend of mine who has forked over the $500 for each and every variation of the device THAT CHANGED EVERYTYING... AGAIN!!! recently said "come on, wouldn't it be so much easier if we all were using the same devices". Which reminds me of an attitude common in an earlier generation that all people should learn to speak English, instead of English-speaking people making an effort to learn other languages.

And so you have the closed ecosystem run by Apple with devices that pretty much run best with other Apple devices. But no, they're not happy to just play in their own field, they have to try to pressure everyone else to do the same. Reading the threads in this forum, I am certain there is a concerted effort by Apple devotees to crap on BB every chance they get. Yes, AlNamVet, it does indeed look like we're under attack. For this reason, I think the forum moderators here should be even more vigilant to delete troll posts and fix thread titles to match what is actually written in the post, not some extreme inflammatory version of their topic. For example, one guy set up a thread to say he couldn't find a good GPS navigation app for the PB that will work offline... but his thread was entitled something like "PB GPS not working"... and the forums moderator thought it was a funny title and he wouldn't change it.

Sorry for the rant but god it is so unbelievable some of the cr*p that is posted here. Like today, 3 new posts, each complaining of a different hardware failure on the PB, each got an RMA replacement, and each replacement had the exactly identical hardware problem. Really???

OK, I am ready to be flamed here...
    Watch "Tears of the Sun" and think again!
    02-11-12 06:54 PM
    Homo Sapiens vs Neanderthals, Spanish Christians vs. Moors, German Christians (Nazis?) vs Jews, Irish Catholic vs Protestants, the Balkan conflict, Hutus, Tutsis AND Apple-paid/brainwashed TROLLS

ALL IN ONE POST?

Can I have some of what you, guys, are smoking?
    02-11-12 06:56 PM
    Homo Sapiens vs Neanderthals, Spanish Christians vs. Moors, German Christians (Nazis?) vs Jews, Irish Catholic vs Protestants, the Balkan conflict, Hutus, Tutsis AND Apple-paid/brainwashed TROLLS

ALL IN ONE POST?

Can I have some of what you, guys, are smoking?
    Stay away from reddit!! Your head would explode!!!
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-11-12 07:01 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD