Some of us are not allowed to voice our frustration here...BB fan or not.

There are people in these threads who are personally insulted if you don't choose your words carefully.

I want RIM to win but your just lying to yourself if you think everything has been peaches and cream.

Here is to hoping something tomorrow will uplift those who have been let down.

I personally believe in RIM but I do so cautiously.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    You are right about that!! Some folks get upset when you tell them their cell phones sux. I guess we have really fallen on hard times when people are offended by someone else's opinion. Grow up not everyone is going to be happy or successful in life and RIM might make it then again might not. If that offends you well you're pretty sad.
    ryder4587 and Syrous44 like this.
    09-25-12 04:29 PM
    Sigh.....nothing has changed here.
    09-25-12 04:57 PM
    This is what I don't get, I am a hardcore blackberry lover and signed up to CRACKBERRY (which is a spin on the blackberry name) and I have to put up with garbage articles like this being posted on here and I am a rim zealot or bb lover? Damn right!!!!! I am on the blackberry forum. Go post this one sided crapple garbage on the imore posts. Leave us rim lovers to enjoy our phones and articles and go drink your coffee and blog how great or life shattering the crapple os made 7 years ago is so damn great!!!! like really how long does this have to go on? I am here to read and learn blackberry. Not apple!
    09-25-12 05:15 PM
    This is what I don't get, I am a hardcore blackberry lover and signed up to CRACKBERRY (which is a spin on the blackberry name) and I have to put up with garbage articles like this being posted on here and I am a rim zealot or bb lover? Damn right!!!!! I am on the blackberry forum. Go post this one sided crapple garbage on the imore posts. Leave us rim lovers to enjoy our phones and articles and go drink your coffee and blog how great or life shattering the crapple os made 7 years ago is so damn great!!!! like really how long does this have to go on? I am here to read and learn blackberry. Not apple!
    this is not for lovers of blackberry alone. this is for blackberry users, many of whom loved their bb at one point. you talk about one-sided but if all you want to hear is praise, that's one-sided too.
    ryder4587 and Syrous44 like this.
    09-25-12 05:20 PM
    I am also a blackberry lover and a RIM zealot so I don't know what your point is. This site is supposed to be all things blackberry, the good and the bad. If you like to read articles that are to your own taste read them, no point clicking on something you do not like, or try to stop someone from expressing opinions on why he left this platform. (not my opinion). You obviously didn't read the article or the premise for which it was written. and sometimes, when someone writes something, he writes it to a target audience, and anybody who cannot handle the conversation shouldn't take part. doesn't mean all thoughts should be policed. This is a bad time for RIM and people have their right to grumble. They have no phone out yet meaning my christmas gift won't be BB10. My problem is when RIM fans complain, they are taken to be trolls. what in the world is that? talk heaven till BB10 comes out?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ryder4587; 09-25-12 at 05:32 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-25-12 05:24 PM
    this is not for lovers of blackberry alone. this is for blackberry users, many of whom loved their bb at one point. you talk about one-sided but if all you want to hear is praise, that's one-sided too.
    Not at all, talk about the bad but I don't need to read multiple articles of how the bad is not on apple this or android that. Internet slow on you phone? Great post it, but Internet slow and went to a iphone, who cares. I would like to see if someone had a solution.

Here is a for example, people post about the playbook wifi dropping. Ok so did it get fixed, did you change the security on your access point? Did you replace the access point, did you update the firmware, nope it is garbage like buy a ipad the playbook sucks was too little too late, dead out of the water! Gets old after awhile!
    09-25-12 05:32 PM
    Not at all, talk about the bad but I don't need to read multiple articles of how the bad is not on apple this or android that. Internet slow on you phone? Great post it, but Internet slow and went to a iphone, who cares. I would like to see if someone had a solution.

Here is a for example, people post about the playbook wifi dropping. Ok so did it get fixed, did you change the security on your access point? Did you replace the access point, did you update the firmware, nope it is garbage like buy a ipad the playbook sucks was too little too late, dead out of the water! Gets old after awhile!
    honest question: does the ipad require you do change the security, replace the ap, or upate firmware?
    09-25-12 05:35 PM

I understand what you mean but that's not what I am writing about.

09-25-12 05:37 PM
    Sometimes it seems like the Trailer Park Boys post here
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-25-12 05:42 PM
    I just feel like no one can have a positive discussion here anymore. And if it's intended to be positive, it's chalked full of off-putting entitlement.

ANYWAY, what I find a little bit pathetic is that I don't have an Android Central, WP Central, or iMore account. I never go there for the blog, OR the forum. I'm probably speaking for 90% of BLACKBERRY-USING CRACKBERRY MEMBERS. Yet here, you can't have a positive thread without some wang putting his dude in your mouth.

Discussions are one thing, but find me FIVE threads that aren't cluttered with debris. Being a "fanboy" and only looking at positives is one thing, but there are forum bullies here who DO NOT support RIM or the BlackBerry brand and egg on anyone any chance they get.
    ryder4587, diegonei and Toodeurep like this.
    09-25-12 05:50 PM
    honest question: does the ipad require you do change the security, replace the ap, or upate firmware?
    check imore..

also check the code of conduct for this site

edit: sorry, I forgot I do have some experience with my iphone (small ipad so I assume same situation) recently not connecting to wifi, or doing so sporadically and then disconnecting. I had to reset my router and delete the profile and re-enter the password. Might work better now that i have ios6. So much for 'it just works'. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by hurds; 09-25-12 at 06:16 PM.
    09-25-12 06:12 PM
    check imore..

also check the code of conduct for this site

edit: sorry, I forgot I do have some experience with my iphone (small ipad so I assume same situation) recently not connecting to wifi, or doing so sporadically and then disconnecting. I had to reset my router and delete the profile and re-enter the password. Might work better now that i have ios6. So much for 'it just works'. Hope that helps.
    why would I check imore? we were discussing apple vs blackberry and my point was whether or not apple requires the work arounds that rim often requires. I have little to no experience with apple so it was a legit question.

you check the code of conduct... I've been here a lot longer than you.
    09-25-12 06:27 PM
    I understand what you mean but that's not what I am writing about.

Are you the story writer?
    09-25-12 06:30 PM
    Are you the story writer?
    lol no, but I think he commented on this thread. I just used his post to highlight what I wanted to say.

09-25-12 06:35 PM
    Almost there. Unfortunately
    09-25-12 06:38 PM
    Almost there. Unfortunately
    what is almost there?

09-25-12 11:54 PM
    Sometimes it seems like the Trailer Park Boys post here
    I miss Julian, Ricky, and Bubbles.
    09-26-12 12:23 AM
    I actually enjoyed doing the read. The only thing I didn't like is how he called out the RIM devices as all needing to have hardware upgrades in order to use the new OS features. Apple does this too. Yeah, you can upgrade an iPhone4 to iOS6, but you don't get to use Siri or the new mapping software,you need to upgrade to the 4s for Siri, and need the i5 for the maps...pretty close to the same thing. Apple people just don't care about it on their platform.

Personally, I am not a fan of the Apple universe, but you do have to give them credit for setting themselves up to be the company to beat for at least a decade. They know how to execute a business plan.

I will be buying a BB10 device as soon as they are available. I am out of contract now and just waiting for the slick new L-Series!
    I see you've significantly edited and altered this post and changed it so it is factually correct.

You are missing the point, maybe on purpose, that I was making. iOS is always backwards compatible with several generations of handset. With iOS 6 I could use a 3GS handset 3 generations back from the current model. RIM have never got close to this. It's a great shame, and a key lesson they ought to be learning from Apple. By the way, Apple's not perfect - new Maps are a disaster, but there is enough that's good to confirm I made the right choice in switching away from BB.
    Last edited by david.terrar; 09-26-12 at 01:49 AM.
    09-26-12 01:44 AM
    I just feel like no one can have a positive discussion here anymore. And if it's intended to be positive, it's chalked full of off-putting entitlement.

ANYWAY, what I find a little bit pathetic is that I don't have an Android Central, WP Central, or iMore account. I never go there for the blog, OR the forum. I'm probably speaking for 90% of BLACKBERRY-USING CRACKBERRY MEMBERS. Yet here, you can't have a positive thread without some wang putting his dude in your mouth.

Discussions are one thing, but find me FIVE threads that aren't cluttered with debris. Being a "fanboy" and only looking at positives is one thing, but there are forum bullies here who DO NOT support RIM or the BlackBerry brand and egg on anyone any chance they get.
    Use the mommy button if you see habitual derailing going on from a poster. The mods will eventually see a pattern from their history and deal with it, but you've got to report. Another simple thing that helps is to block posters you don't care to hear from or read. Do it from your CP. I only use it for obvious bashers and trouble makers. I don't have the time or patience do deal with their dribble and constant negative crap when reading a thread, so I block them and never see their little troll faces again. They become a non-entity to me. Works for me
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-26-12 at 02:03 AM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-26-12 01:59 AM
    Since you ask op.
    Read my 1st post in this thread.
    Then head over to the playbook forum and look for a post titled (found this article from new yorker magazine on my facebook paige) authored by a newbie then check out your post on said thread.
    And I invite everyone to do so.
    Then re read what I what is said in this thread about not understanding your motivation stirring the pot V setting yourself up.
    I don't know about anyone else but I think the former applies at best your a hypocrite or you just get your kicks stirring people up.
    And I think your statements prove that.
    I'm just callin it the way I'm seein it hypocrisy in motion.
    And my original statement "almost there"was that other members would take your bait and turn into a pp match and get closed down I'm glad it didn't happen for a bunch of reasons.
    Is this a good enough explanation for you?
    And btw op I still don't have a problem with you on a personal level if this is your thing your good for you run with it you would be a great politician.
    And as always these statements represent my own personal opinion and I only speak for myself.
    what is almost there?

09-26-12 08:40 AM
    Pulled from another thread["I really do not understand what is over most of the current reporters or how much money they are paid to spout all the RIM hate. Innovation and new ideas should be welcomed and not stiffled, RIM is developing a new os which is a big deal, there should be room for more choices. The current state and bias of the media is really pathetic. Its also really sad the extent people will go to undermine the opposition and do for profit."]
    Does that look familiar op?
    And I gave you a like on that can you smell the sarcasm in the like I gave you?
    And I bet you don't even get paid to do so I think its just your thing.
    Last edited by esk369; 09-26-12 at 11:25 AM.
    09-26-12 08:51 AM
    Since you ask op.
    Read my 1st post in this thread.
    Then head over to the playbook forum and look for a post titled (found this article from new yorker magazine on my facebook paige) authored by a newbie then check out your post on said thread.
    And I invite everyone to do so.
    Then re read what I what is said in this thread about not understanding your motivation stirring the pot V setting yourself up.
    I don't know about anyone else but I think the former applies at best your a hypocrite or you just get your kicks stirring people up.
    And I think your statements prove that.
    I'm just callin it the way I'm seein it hypocrisy in motion.
    And my original statement "almost there"was that other members would take your bait and turn into a pp match and get closed down I'm glad it didn't happen for a bunch of reasons.
    Is this a good enough explanation for you?
    And btw op I still don't have a problem with you on a personal level if this is your thing your good for you run with it you would be a great politician.
    And as always these statements represent my own personal opinion and I only speak for myself.
    hmmm, those were strong words right there. Firstly, I did not make this thread for anyone to give a personal review of my personality, I wrote this thread because I was concerned that when most people who are long time blackberry fans post their frustrations on the current state of RIM, they are considered to be trolls. now calling someone a troll who is genuinely bothered about the state of things is wrong, I believe in free thought and free expression without too much thought police trying to read something that really isn't there. Trolling is willfully agitating a crowd to get a feedback for fun.
    By kicks, I do not know what you mean? point me to an article that I wrote that made you think it was for kicks.
    On the article you talked about, I was concerned about how the media is constantly bashing the yet unreleased bb10, I believe there is a certain bias in regards to how they write about the innovations of bb10 compared to apple. It is one thing to complain when RIM does nothing or fails to deliver, especially to its fans, it is another thing to write a negative article just to join the bandwagon, or for profit sake. As for hypocrisy, that's a big deal calling someone a hypocrite, you should go to check what hypocrisy really means and I don't see how that matches up with me.

Last edited by ryder4587; 09-26-12 at 09:17 AM.
    phylez likes this.
    09-26-12 08:53 AM

Wait, are you claiming that a plethora of members from other mobile nations sites are somehow conspiring against crackberry and creating accounts simply to bash RIM?
    09-26-12 09:03 AM
    Friends, it may come in different forms but the bait is still bait. Don't take it. There are discussions more worthy of your time.
    09-26-12 09:31 AM
    Friends, it may come in different forms but the bait is still bait. Don't take it. There are discussions more worthy of your time.
    Exactly, that's my point. its just a thread amongst a thousand. if no one comments it dies. I don't know why people are always up and bothered about words they can ignore. Censorship is never a good thing. if people especially americans can be so inflamed about a write up on an opinion that is different from theirs how then can we say we are better than those in the northern and middle eastern countries that rise up whenever an opposing view on their religion is raised. every discussion is good as long as it is civil. my two cents

Last edited by ryder4587; 09-26-12 at 10:07 AM.
    09-26-12 09:39 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD