Even if Crackberry tries to stop people from pouring out their frustrations, and concerns, in a style that is a never heard of censorship, I think people will keep on talking like this writer here who just wrote this 30 minutes ago.
    My fingers are crossed for RIM, I hope they get it right!

http://www.enterpriseirregulars.com/...-apple-iphone/

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    DOCTOREVIL8 and PedroBorgas like this.
    09-24-12 06:32 PM
    Some of us are not allowed to voice our frustration here...BB fan or not.

There are people in these threads who are personally insulted if you don't choose your words carefully.

I want RIM to win but your just lying to yourself if you think everything has been peaches and cream.

Here is to hoping something tomorrow will uplift those who have been let down.

I personally believe in RIM but I do so cautiously.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    esk369, madman0141, phylez and 5 others like this.
    09-24-12 06:44 PM
    I give your post less then 1 hour before it is "trolled" by the Crackberries. It's a good review from what I can see, but since it isn't pro blackberry it must be wrong.
    09-24-12 06:46 PM
    I actually enjoyed doing the read. The only thing I didn't like is how he called out the RIM devices as all needing to have hardware upgrades in order to use the new OS features. Apple does this too. Yeah, you can upgrade an iPhone4 to iOS6, but you don't get to use Siri or the new mapping software,you need to upgrade to the 4s for Siri, and need the i5 for the maps...pretty close to the same thing. Apple people just don't care about it on their platform.

Personally, I am not a fan of the Apple universe, but you do have to give them credit for setting themselves up to be the company to beat for at least a decade. They know how to execute a business plan.

I will be buying a BB10 device as soon as they are available. I am out of contract now and just waiting for the slick new L-Series!
    Last edited by ffejrobins30; 09-25-12 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Had incorrect information. I do not want to perpetuate the idea that spreading without remorse it is okay
    jamesharmeling and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-24-12 08:17 PM
    Interesting read, but why post this in the Playbook section.

My opinion, if you don't offer a physical keyboard, your device can never be the best.

9810 + Playbook ftw!
    09-24-12 08:26 PM

There are people in these threads who are personally insulted if you don't choose your words carefully.

I want RIM to win but your just lying to yourself if you think everything has been peaches and cream.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more, just because some of us look at things realistically and take news from Rim directly with a grain of salt, or don't agree with some of their decisions; we are deemed dumb, incompetent and ignorant trolls. Even worse when we have moved on to android or iphone for the time being for a change of tech scenery we are called sheep.

Ironically, all of these hardcore bb and rim zealot type followers act in the same sheep and troll manor we get called out for.

I dont understand whats wrong with being a rim supporter, regardless the fact your rocking a different brand at the moment or voice counter opinions on rims current and past blunders. I for one still want rim to succeed and I am a follower, however, I have no problem raising opposite views when called for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BB_Bmore and easydoesit99 like this.
    09-24-12 08:31 PM
    Even if Crackberry tries to stop people from pouring out their frustrations, and concerns, in a style that is a never heard of censorship, I think people will keep on talking like this writer here who just wrote this 30 minutes ago.
    My fingers are crossed for RIM, I hope they get it right!

Why I've defected from BlackBerry to the Apple iPhone : Enterprise Irregulars

Don't you know your already on double secret probation LOL.
    I read the article I wasn't offended the guy gave his opinion he articulated his point there's a few things that I disagreed with as is my right.
    I have read a few of your posts I've seen a few of them closed don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with you I find to be an intelligent guy you articulate your posts in an intelligent manner I just think that you enjoy stirring the pot or you just set yourself up to to get flamed again I don't have a problem with you or this post I just can't help but wonder why?
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-24-12 08:33 PM
    I honestly do not think that CrackBerry or the forum members try to prevent or attack users with concerns or frustrations towards RIM.

To me, there are 2 types of threads that I think people can understand the frustration, but also get frustrated over seeing. For example, People understand that it sucks for a lot of owners that there is no Skype(or insert other app name), that is fine. When users see 15 threads about how there is no Skype, or why isn't there Skype.... well then other users get a little frustrated because it has been covered time and time again with no new information.

The other example is when people expect something like a release date and then come to wild theories that they make to sound as a fact because it did not happen as they predicted. RIM IS going to shut down, RIM IS going to be bought out, RIM IS discontinuing this line of hardware, etc.. I personally like to debate on what people think RIM is going to do next, but I think it is frustrating to see "RIM lied again and cannot functioned because it is Feb 14 and 2.0 should have been released by now!", when RIM said it will be released *sometime* in February, which was accurate.

I don't think there is one owner of a BlackBerry product (or any product really) that cannot say that they haven't been frustrated with the product or company. That is fine, it is the wild made up theories presented as fact or the many same topics that annoy other users.

Damn I write long posts, but to summarize, it isn't stating a frustration that makes people annoyed, it is all the written words around it or the context of it. That said, there are some overly sensitive people, but not many. Most regular posters seems to be knowledgable and nice people, at least from the threads that I have seen or have been involved in. Actually I can't think of one regular poster who acted like they have a stick up their ... only a few that had maybe 2 or 3 posts that really seemed to only register here on to vent.
    j21jam6, undone, esk369 and 1 others like this.
    09-24-12 09:02 PM

My opinion, if you don't offer a physical keyboard, your device can never be the best.

9810 + Playbook ftw!
    So how do you explain the curve 9380, torch 9860, storm 9550, curve 8900, storm 3, or the volt? Oh, and let's not forget the playbook.
    09-24-12 09:03 PM
    Reading the other posts, I now am afraid that I am either a zealot in denial or just plain naive! I don't see people getting upset about opinions normally

edit: In the forums I am talking about. The comment section of CB's articles, there are some aholes. Not many, but a few.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 09-24-12 at 09:17 PM.
    09-24-12 09:06 PM

Agreed. From reading these forums for much longer than I've posted the atmosphere within the forums [my own opinion] seems to be either far more negative, or a sick mix of volatile extreme views. "Some" of such things on community forums are to be expected out here in "the wild" [aka the internet ], but normally it does not get this bad. I'll always enjoy CrackBerry Nation News, but the forums I try and find those diamonds in the rough where there are real discussions or if someone needs help that they cannot find elsewhere...

CrackBerry Nation I wish we could have more discussions on this forum!

Here's to always looking to the future...
    esk369 and j21jam6 like this.
    09-24-12 09:17 PM

9810 + Playbook ftw!
    Agreed. What is this doing here?

Now, censorship? Not quite.

Posts get closed not due to the opinions expressed, but because flame wars are always bad and will be stopped by the mods.

If people could,do have civilized conversations about the state of RIM, we would have veeery long threads... But alas, they can't.

Most of us are realistic about RIM. We just don't like it when people are over pessimist. Who does, anyway...

Now, let's talk SEO... How many hits did that post get in total and just from referrals from this post?
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-24-12 at 09:47 PM.
    BerryClever and rotorwrench like this.
    09-24-12 09:43 PM
    Don't you know your already on double secret probation LOL.
    I read the article I wasn't offended the guy gave his opinion he articulated his point there's a few things that I disagreed with as is my right.
    I have read a few of your posts I've seen a few of them closed don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with you I find to be an intelligent guy you articulate your posts in an intelligent manner I just think that you enjoy stirring the pot or you just set yourself up to to get flamed again I don't have a problem with you or this post I just can't help but wonder why?
    Stirring the pot, as well as thread hijacking with obvious bashing, not constructive criticism, is what most are tired of or will call troll on. Most of us have never had a problem with constructive criticism, just blatant criticism. This is a BB site after all. It's easy to tell the ones that enjoy causing chaos though, just read their post history and you'll see the pattern of what they're about. And Toodeurep is right, this isn't the subforum for this.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-26-12 at 01:28 AM.
    diegonei, esk369 and Toodeurep like this.
    09-24-12 11:57 PM
    Agreed. What is this doing here?

Now, censorship? Not quite.

Posts get closed not due to the opinions expressed, but because flame wars are always bad and will be stopped by the mods.

If people could,do have civilized conversations about the state of RIM, we would have veeery long threads... But alas, they can't.

Most of us are realistic about RIM. We just don't like it when people are over pessimist. Who does, anyway...

Now, let's talk SEO... How many hits did that post get in total and just from referrals from this post?
    flame wars. I wish you know what that means. why is it doing here? it is an opinion piece on what is happening to the base of hardcore Blackberry owners. we longtime blackberry owners are keeping our fingers crossed for RIM but demand that RIM change their "playbook" meaning their style of operation so that they do not keep losing fans especially at this time. Hardcore blackberry users are giving up their favorite platform for something else and these are the people RIM needs to keep. Re-read the message and you will find out that for some people, it is can be a positive message that can drive RIM towards perfection but some other person can see it as just another RIM bashing article. it depends on who you are.

09-25-12 12:05 AM
    Rim doesn't need to keep anyone, if they had competitive products people wouldn't leave. Rim needs to stay in the green,maintain their cash situation and develop new, improved and competitive products. Then, and only then will those who left come back.

Stop making posts about the people Rim needs to keep, Rim will do whatever they will do. It's not your problem, don't like the products? Then try something else.
    Syrous44 and carullo like this.
    09-25-12 12:50 AM
    Rim doesn't need to keep anyone, if they had competitive products people wouldn't leave. Rim needs to stay in the green,maintain their cash situation and develop new, improved and competitive products. Then, and only then will those who left come back.

Stop making posts about the people Rim needs to keep, Rim will do whatever they will do. It's not your problem, don't like the products? Then try something else.
    Haha, you are really funny. RIM needs to keep its fanbase, RIM needs to make money, RIM is not a privately owned company but a public company and there are people invested in RIM not only by buying their technology but by owning a portion of the business in the form of shares and stocks, ordinary people. RIM needs to also listen to its fanbase like all successful companies do by listening to their customers. what are competitive products? competitive products result mostly from the demands of consumers. I believe you are entitled to your personal opinion, but don't try to stiffle out the opinion of someone else just cos it doesn't go well with yours I don't understand what you are saying

Last edited by ryder4587; 09-25-12 at 01:28 AM.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-25-12 01:02 AM
    The only thing I didn't like is how he called out the RIM devices as all needing to have hardware upgrades in order to use the new OS features. Apple does this too. Yeah, you can upgrade an iPhone4 to iOS6, but you don't get to use Siri or the new mapping software,you need to upgrade to the 4s for Siri, and need the i5 for the maps...pretty close to the same thing. Apple people just don't care about it on their platform.
    Hi ffejrobins30,
    Thanks for the kind words but I definitely don't agree on the above part of what you said. The point I was making is that an iPhone 3GS user, 3 generations of handset back from the iPhone 5, gets to use the new operating system. Yes there are hardware based things that won't work like Siri, but 95% of the functionality of the new OS is available to that old phone. This has NEVER happened with the BB OS. It is occasionally available on less than current hardware, but mostly I have to upgrade to get it. (And by the way I get the new mapping functionality on my iPhone 4S - I just wish I didn't - a massive fail for Apple there!)

The bottom line is that RIM should be keeping more of their customers on board by allowing upgrades to the new OS for a larger portfolio of legacy handsets. Pushing this redundancy thing and forcing the hardware change is the wrong approach and RIM have to start getting more right.
    09-25-12 01:25 PM
    Hi ffejrobins30,
    Thanks for the kind words but I definitely don't agree on the above part of what you said. The point I was making is that an iPhone 3GS user, 3 generations of handset back from the iPhone 5, gets to use the new operating system. Yes there are hardware based things that won't work like Siri, but 95% of the functionality of the new OS is available to that old phone. This has NEVER happened with the BB OS. It is occasionally available on less than current hardware, but mostly I have to upgrade to get it. (And by the way I get the new mapping functionality on my iPhone 4S - I just wish I didn't - a massive fail for Apple there!)

The bottom line is that RIM should be keeping more of their customers on board by allowing upgrades to the new OS for a larger portfolio of legacy handsets. Pushing this redundancy thing and forcing the hardware change is the wrong approach and RIM have to start getting more right.
    No problem. I will go back and cross out the bad info. That was a misunderstanding on my part.

I agree that RIM has been a little hard to deal with on this front, but I believe that they are trying to do something about it with the upcoming hardware and software packages.
    09-25-12 01:34 PM
    flame wars. I wish you know what that means. why is it doing here? it is an opinion piece on what is happening to the base of hardcore Blackberry owners. we longtime blackberry owners are keeping our fingers crossed for RIM but demand that RIM change their "playbook" meaning their style of operation so that they do not keep losing fans especially at this time. Hardcore blackberry users are giving up their favorite platform for something else and these are the people RIM needs to keep. Re-read the message and you will find out that for some people, it is can be a positive message that can drive RIM towards perfection but some other person can see it as just another RIM bashing article. it depends on who you are.

Sorry, you failed to convince me. General forums would still be a better place for this, despite what I may or not thing about it.

And right now, I think this should be moved. Now, when did I say this was negative, positive or whatever kind of feedback? I didn't even touch that point. Now, I am beginning to think all you want is to cause trouble.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-25-12 at 01:45 PM.
    09-25-12 01:42 PM
    diegonei, I'm not trying to convince you on anything. I am not really interested in your opinions, I do not read your posts. but I think you have a certain interest in whatever I write. you have been giving me undesirable feedback on everything I write. you do not have to correspond with me if my views does not mesh with yours. you can choose to ignore any future posts I make.

09-25-12 02:45 PM
    I give your post less then 1 hour before it is "trolled" by the Crackberries. It's a good review from what I can see, but since it isn't pro blackberry it must be wrong.
    Definitely more then the hour but then this wasn't exactly burning up the charts but inevitably you will be proven correct just look at the title and just so there's no confusion I don't have a problem with op or this thread.
    And I am a proponent of people's right to express their opinions my 1st post on this thread sums up my feelings for the venue for this thread.
    I agree on the outcome not on whatever a crackberry troll is this is a bb fan site there are some extremists but that applies to all sides of the so called flame wars it kinda sounds like a video game.
    Last edited by esk369; 09-25-12 at 03:25 PM. Reason: somthing more to add
    09-25-12 03:18 PM
    titled shouldn't of had a question mark.

I'd expect fans on any forum to support whatever it is they are fans of. Weird thing about here is how upset the fans of the other platform get. Its like we have thought police here who only one to talk about one thing, and thats anything negative about RIM.

Article was too long to read. We get it, some people get an iphone after a BB. This isn't earth shattering. I did the opposite. You don't see my on apple sites saying all the things I dislike about apple.
    09-25-12 04:06 PM
    titled shouldn't of had a question mark.

I'd expect fans on any forum to support whatever it is they are fans of. Weird thing about here is how upset the fans of the other platform get. Its like we have thought police here who only one to talk about one thing, and thats anything negative about RIM.

Article was too long to read. We get it, some people get an iphone after a BB. This isn't earth shattering. I did the opposite. You don't see my on apple sites saying all the things I dislike about apple.
    Lol, this is a gadget era. everybody I know including me has a blackberry, I'm a blackberry fan, I will purchase a blackberry 10 device when it comes out, if it comes out, at the moment my lack of not having any phone to brag about during the Q4 season hurts me, I'm not going to purchase the iphone 5, or the sg3. its ok for fans to constructively criticize, but been called a troll for saying anything some group of people don't want to hear is the problem.

09-25-12 04:19 PM
    Its like we have thought police here who only want to talk about one thing, and thats anything negative about RIM.

EXACTLY!! OMG!! EXACTLY!! Well, not everybody and not all of the time but yes.

For heavens sake don't even dream of having an I love my BB thread. Not here at least. Maybe if their was a BB sub-forum burried deep in Android Central or iMore BB fans could be left to enjoy what they have.

To be clear, there may be a BB sub-forums on other nations sites but like the "other platforms" sub-forums here, I don't go there. They deserve their sandbox just like I would like mine.
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 09-26-12 at 04:18 AM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-25-12 04:24 PM
    I've been a member since '08. look at my post count, what is it, like 80? I'm on here every day yet rarely post due to his place being rife w/ fanboys always ready to tell you to f off.
    Bob80220 and ryder4587 like this.
    09-25-12 04:27 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD