So I unpacked my PB Backup and this happened..
    02-24-12 04:44 AM
    Your virus scanner has detected a "JS/iframeinject" in the caching folder of the browser. That probably means you have visited a malicious website that tries to exploit browser loopholes to install a virus on the device. The website is probably oriented towards desktop browers so you are not in any risk: the loophole it might be trying to exploit is not even present on the PB.
    The virus scanner has simply detected the cached version of that webpage, but there is no actual virus/trojan installed on your PB.
    02-24-12 04:54 AM
    Okay super.. I'm sure this is through one of the android apps.. There are only a handful of sites I use on the playbook
    02-24-12 05:12 AM
    So I unpacked my PB Backup and this happened..
    What do you mean you unpacked your PB backup?
    02-24-12 05:36 AM
    Is it even possible to get a virus on the Playbook?
    02-24-12 05:47 AM
    Is it even possible to get a virus on the Playbook?
    Nope the PlayBook has what's called security, unlike any if the other competitors...
    jesse_h, peter9477 and taylortbb like this.
    02-24-12 06:05 AM
    I'm sure it's possible if someone room the time to make one... But I don't think we have anything to worry about.
    02-24-12 06:13 AM
    What do you mean you unpacked your PB backup?
    The Playbooks back up file (.bbb file) can be changed to a .zip file simply by renaming the .bbb extension to .zip. When this is done, the back up file can be unzipped (unpacked).

Got it?
    02-24-12 06:31 AM
    how about you make a back up on your PC and then your Playbook might be OK but your PC is still at risk?
    02-24-12 06:31 AM
    The Playbooks back up file (.bbb file) can be changed to a .zip file simply by renaming the .bbb extension to .zip. When this is done, the back up file can be unzipped (unpacked).

Got it?
    I see....what's the benefit of chnaging from bbb to zip?
    02-24-12 06:47 AM
    I see....what's the benefit of chnaging from bbb to zip?
    Maybe some benefit.. Not that I know of any..

I was just trying to add up my phone and pb backup by mixing around things but that's really not happening.. Bb phone backup works with databases and pb is with archives..

Plus if you tinker with the backup.. Dm doesn't recognize it.. I think there's a way to insert contact backup in the pb backup..

Google has screwed up my contacts.. All details are now under notes field in pb contacts..
    02-24-12 07:34 AM
    I'm sure it's possible if someone room the time to make one... But I don't think we have anything to worry about.
    This makes it sound like it's merely a matter of sitting down to do the work.

More accurate rather to say that it *may* be possible, but even if it is it would likely take so much work that it's very unlikely anyone would even try for long right now when there are so few PlayBooks compared to other devices that present much MUCH easier targets.

(Technically the only difference between that and what bbqkid8 said is that he's "sure" it's possible whereas I'm not sure, but I think the different emphasis is important. )
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-24-12 07:56 AM
    how about you make a back up on your PC and then your Playbook might be OK but your PC is still at risk?

That is what Microsoft Security Essentials is for. :-)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
    02-24-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD