I'm having the same issues here in Australia. Just last week, two weeks after the year long warranty finished. I do hope the RMA process in Australia is as good. Has anyone had any successes in Oz?
    07-29-12 06:37 PM
    They have been repairing pb's after warranty. You might want to call them in any event so that they know about this defect even if you don't get it fixed.
    Hi F2 -- you were right. I called support and they RMA'd my Playbook, swapping it for another. The trim's perfect on the new one; now about the stuck green pixel mid-screen...

Dave
    09-04-12 07:53 AM
    Hi F2 -- you were right. I called support and they RMA'd my Playbook, swapping it for another. The trim's perfect on the new one; now about the stuck green pixel mid-screen...

Dave
    Ah, tradeoffs!

You can try UNsticking it using a few apps. There's the free Display Test and there are others that change colors, forcing pixels on and off.
    09-04-12 09:33 AM
    Hi F2 -- thanks for that. I did try the 10-minute youtube video that 'exercises' the screen but after several runs the strangely-behaving pixel's still there. I didn't want to hijack this thread so I posted about it here; hope I can resolve it without doing another RMA. If it comes to that I may just live with the screen as-is. I'm not confident the Playbook was built to last more than a short product-cycle.
    09-04-12 09:52 AM
    Can anyone confirm that the included case causes this? I don't want to buy a new case unless my Playbook is at risk of looking awful.
    Thanks in advance
    09-06-12 10:18 AM
    Can anyone confirm that the included case causes this? I don't want to buy a new case unless my Playbook is at risk of looking awful.
    Thanks in advance
    It certainly got worse over time and was affecting both sides. My guess is that putting it in and taking it out of the tight neoprene case was the cause. I've invested in a zipper case in hopes of avoiding it with my new one.

Dave
    09-06-12 11:59 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD