Hi all,
    I have read a lot of times about people having problems with the bridge REconnection (not talking about 1st connection here). I have a 8520 with a PB and this problem occured to me ONLY when enabling the Airplane mode on both devices (not sure if it is related only on just the phone or just the Playbook) and then re-enabling connections the Bridge will simple not connect. I tried restarting the Playbook and the phone to no avail. After some try and error ellimination, the way to restore the connection every time is that the Playbook does not matter whether you restart or not. If you leave the Bluetooth connection on on both devices and then pull the battery out of the phone and wait a few seconds and put it back in, the connection is restored. Don't ask me why it works like this but everytime I do this making a battery pull and insert on the phone the connection is restored automatically after bootup of the phone. Hope this helps some others avoiding a full wipe just to restore the bridge connection.
    Demetris
    04-18-12 04:05 AM
    im so confused about your problem..
    04-18-12 05:23 AM
    OK let me deconfuse you!

PB On + BB On = Bridge Working
    PB Airplane Mode + BB Airplane Mode = Bridge Not Working (Of course)
    PB Airplane Mode Off after landing + BB Airplane Mode Off after landing = Bridge not reconnecting whatever you try even software restarting both devices but BB remote working!

After this if you remove the batter of the BB and reinsert it the Bridge reconnects automaticaly. I am not talking about my problem I am talking about the solution I found to this which might be helpfull for others as well as I see a lot recommending a complete wipe and reinstall on the PB to get the Bridge working again.

Demetris
    04-18-12 07:41 AM
    Have you tried deleting both profiles (bluetooth on PB and the Bridge connection on the BlackBerry) and reconnecting? Ive not had the issue you are experiencing on any version of the OS or devices.
    04-18-12 07:43 AM
    I have this problem occasionally but I am blaming my 9800. Whenever this non-connection happens I also notice that if I toggle off bluetooth on the phone it becomes unresponsive. Also in my car the bluetooth connects and drops for no apparent reason. Annoying with the loud ding my car makes when letting me know.
    In the end, a battery pull, as the OP suggested, gets everything going again.
    04-18-12 08:01 AM
    Will doing an alt/right shift/del on the phone accomplish what the battery pull does and get the connection back?
    04-18-12 09:26 AM
    No it does not. I tried all those ways. I blame my BB phone for that not knowing whether is only BB5 related as I have an 8520 but the only resolve is this. I do not want everytime I enter a plane and land (due to the fact I travel a lot for work) to have to delete any profile and re-enable it (and did not try it either) so for me 2 minutes to pull the battery and reinsert it for the phone is not a big deal to get my connection going again.
    Demetris
    04-18-12 09:47 AM
    Thanks. It worked great w BB9700 5.**Bridge . I've had this problem regularly since I always use airplane mode to save battery.
    04-18-12 02:22 PM
    I find that turning the PB's bluetooth off for a couple of seconds and then on again re-establishes the bridge. I run into this issue often when I hand my PB to someone to use but disconnect the bridge on my 9900 to maintain privacy. When I reconnect later on my BB the bridge doesnt relink. The above fixes it every time.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-18-12 02:57 PM
    I did try a lot of time the bluetooth off and on trick but it never connects. This only happens when airplane mode is enabled on the phone or the PlayBook (although I think is a phone related issues). At work I do leave my PB on my desk and go arround the building with only my BB phone and the connection always reconnects without doing anything (so moving a lot far will disconnect and moving back close will reconnect automaticaly). I have no idea why with airplane mode this happens. Just hope it saves a few from wiping the PB for just a Bridge connetion issue.
    Demetris
    04-18-12 03:37 PM
    I find that turning the PB's bluetooth off for a couple of seconds and then on again re-establishes the bridge. I run into this issue often when I hand my PB to someone to use but disconnect the bridge on my 9900 to maintain privacy. When I reconnect later on my BB the bridge doesnt relink. The above fixes it every time.
    04-18-12 05:36 PM
    If you shut off bluethooth on both devices before going into Airplane Mode, it might work.

Just a thought.
    04-19-12 04:40 AM
    i believe there are memory problems in my handset (9900) so after bridging for some time, it does slow down (only 10% memory, normal level is 30%). so restarting handset and/or cleaning memory will sort out the connection problem (being slow or not reconnecting).
    04-19-12 04:47 AM
    may be a wrong bridge configuration at first setup. To set it clean try the following sequence :
    1. delete bridge profile on phone
    2. delete BT profiles on both PB and phone
    3. do the bridge setup on the PB without pairing BT before

I found it much stable after I did this ... maybe it can help.

Also, I noticed some interference between wifi and BT. So it may worse a try to shut down both WIFI and BT services on the PB to try to restore the bridge properly.

hope it helps.
    04-19-12 05:16 AM
    Just delete bluetooth devices lists and setup the bridge again
    04-19-12 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD