I purchased a few movies from Blackberry world, which states you can use them on up to 4 devices but when I transferred them to my PlayBook it said "You don't have rights to play the protected file. Download the original file or its license and try to play the file again". Why is this and what do I do?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:17 PM
    I purchased a few movies from Blackberry world, which states you can use them on up to 4 devices but when I transferred them to my PlayBook it said "You don't have rights to play the protected file. Download the original file or its license and try to play the file again". Why is this and what do I do?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but you will probably have to repurchase the movies from the PB Video Store. The movies purchased for bb10 devices at BBRY World will not run on the PB.
    12-09-13 08:24 PM
    So what are the so called other devices you're supposed to be able to transfer your movies to? I've bought a few on sale movies over the weekend on my Z10 and I would love to be able to transfer them to my PB...
    12-10-13 12:06 AM
    I do not have a bb10 device, only a playbook but it sucks that you have devices from the same brand and you can't share movies. In Apple devices, if you purchase any movie or tv show, you can see it in any Apple device, even in your PC if you have itunes. This is another reason why blackberry is dying slowly, the management at blackberry are killing the product and I love my playbook.
    12-10-13 05:52 AM
    It's probably only for BB10 devices, For example if you have a Z10 then got a Z30, Then you would be able to download it onto that.

Not saying it's right but it makes sense, Playbook doesn't have bb10 so not everything you buy for bb10 wont automatically work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    12-10-13 05:56 AM
    It's probably only for BB10 devices, For example if you have a Z10 then got a Z30, Then you would be able to download it onto that.

Not saying it's right but it makes sense, Playbook doesn't have bb10 so not everything you buy for bb10 wont automatically work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, if only PB could have had some form of BB10...I might be affected the other way, e.g. bought movies on PB but thinking of getting a Z30.
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-10-13 07:01 AM
    Can't you transfer the movies to your laptop and, then make a DRM free copy?
    12-10-13 07:52 AM
    Can't you transfer the movies to your laptop and, then make a DRM free copy?
    You might be able to use a video converter along with a CSS Ripper (to strip away the DRM managment bits) and get it to a "clean" MPEG4 file. I would try that. I use Aimersoft Video Converter on the pc, and you can pick/choose you CSS Ripper from the web that fits your preference....

c
    12-10-13 08:49 AM
    Go to Megashare and watch movies from there. You can't download them, but it's a great site to watch movies on your phone or playbook. You can watch about 99% of them. Just close out the pop up screen and hit the little screen to get a full screen. You don't have to download any of the updates like stated. Fyi, some of the pop ups are in a sexual nature, have your kids close their eyes until full screen is on, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:08 AM
    You might be able to use a video converter along with a CSS Ripper (to strip away the DRM managment bits) and get it to a "clean" MPEG4 file. I would try that. I use Aimersoft Video Converter on the pc, and you can pick/choose you CSS Ripper from the web that fits your preference....

c
    At least on the PB side the file is .ismv. Haven't found a converter for that by googling.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-10-13 09:11 AM
    At least on the PB side the file is .ismv. Haven't found a converter for that by googling.
    Aimersoft has a converter that supports multiple platforms, even the PlayBook. Removes drm also.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:14 AM
    If you Bridge a Z10 or other BB10 device to a PlayBook can you not open the videos on the PlayBook that way?
    12-10-13 09:14 AM
    Thats a new one to me, gonna have to look into that...

c
    12-10-13 09:32 AM
    Aimersoft has a converter that supports multiple platforms, even the PlayBook. Removes drm also.

Posted via CB10
    Put in a tech support email to them to see if .ismv-> MP4 conversion is possible.
    12-10-13 10:19 AM
    Doesn't work.
    12-10-13 02:52 PM
    Doesn't work.
    Is that ismv format like an oddball one? I don't know stuff like that. It appears that they support a lot of them. I thought that one of their products would work .

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:22 PM
    Is that ismv format like an oddball one? I don't know stuff like that. It appears that they support a lot of them. I thought that one of their products would work .

Posted via CB10
    You might try this. http://www.unified-streaming.com/sup...ent-packaging/
    I have not done/tried this, just did a quickie search and came up with this.
    I will look deeper into this.

c
    12-10-13 03:35 PM
    Go to Megashare and watch movies from there. You can't download them, but it's a great site to watch movies on your phone or playbook. You can watch about 99% of them. Just close out the pop up screen and hit the little screen to get a full screen. You don't have to download any of the updates like stated. Fyi, some of the pop ups are in a sexual nature, have your kids close their eyes until full screen is on, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    What's this go to do with transferring movies purchased on the Z10 to the Playbook ?
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:56 PM
    What's this go to do with transferring movies purchased on the Z10 to the Playbook ?
    Not a damn thing. Just a little info to share.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, pretty obscure. Wonder if it is the same format on BB10? Wonder why Rovi chose that? If you pay 20 bucks for something, you would think you could play it at least on your PC.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-10-13 06:16 PM
    Yup, pretty obscure. Wonder if it is the same format on BB10? Wonder why Rovi chose that? If you pay 20 bucks for something, you would think you could play it at least on your PC.
    It's the PlayBook, you gotta chuckle a little and shake your head back and forth. I saw something on BrotherSoft?, with that format to mp4. I don't know what that is about.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:21 PM