os 2.1.0.173
    I have a new 32 playbook and am trying to transfer everything from my 16 playbook. I used device switch, and restore, both to no avail. Everything comes over perfectly EXCEPT my contacts. I'm talking the contacts in playbook, not email contacts. My BBM contacts transferred, but not the regular ones. I need these badly for work. I cracked the screen on the playbook 16, so picked up a playbook 32. Must be a way that I am missing...any help appreciated. bridge just shows BBM and TEXT
    12-15-13 03:24 PM
    What you need to do is to evolve to a higher form of contact storage and start using Outlook. All contacts stored in outlook.com sync seamlessly between bb10, playbook, what have you. Even the photos. Which is cool because technically outlook.com doesn't allow user chosen photos. So you won't transfer anything. You just turn it on, and sync the account.

This works best if you go pure outlook and don't sync to anything else. Not to Facebook, local contacts or anything. So I would advise making some time. Merging email accounts over to Outlook if you can. It's cheap. Then typing in contacts one by one. Yeah that part sucks. But it will be the last time you will have to do it.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 03:47 PM
    there are 800, I did that once from an old organizer. These things must be there, the bbm ones are now in BBM.
    12-15-13 04:11 PM
    there are 800, I did that once from an old organizer. These things must be there, the bbm ones are now in BBM.
    In that case pay your kid to do it!! Haha

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:08 PM