Hello! I hope someone can help me with this or direct me to the correct thread. I apologize if this questions is ultra amateurish

My friend asked me to transfer her videos from her BlackBerry Playbook to her laptop. I used her USB cable, and was able to transfer about 90 of her 230 videos, until received a message saying that Blackberry was unable to transfer the following files. It then showed a list with exclamation points next to each file name. I tried a few times more but kept getting the same message. Any idea why this happened? Why would it transfer some but not all files?

Also, given that they are in mp4 format, can someone recommend a good software to convert them to mp3 files once they are transferred?

I greatly appreciate the help!

Angel
    03-14-14 09:15 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB!
    I don't know the answer to the first question but why are you converting mp4 (MOVIES) to mp3 (just sound)? is this what you want to do? Just keep the sound form the movies and delete the movie part? You are going to need some kind of video splitter for that.
    03-14-14 09:37 AM
    Not being a smart *** but ensure your PlayBook has enough available storage to hold 230 videos. I use the free YouTube download software and just put whatever you want in it and choose what to convert it to.
    03-14-14 02:13 PM
    Welcome to the CB Forums. As mentioned, make sure you have enough memory on the laptop. Are you on a PC using Windows? Are you using drag & drop or BlackBerry Link? For vids & pics I just drag & drop. You probably should leave them in MP4 unless you are using some program that doesn't recognize it. I convert You Tube videos to MP4 when I download. Good luck. If this doesn't work give as much info as you can as to what you are using & add specific questions.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    03-14-14 03:16 PM
    I have not been able to transfer videos from my BB Playbook to my PC if the videos were taken with the Playbook held in the portrait position. Only sound transfers. Videos taken during the same session with the Playbook held in landscape position transfer perfectly. You might check to see if you can tell if this is your problem. Not sure where to find help but I will continue to search.
    04-02-14 08:53 PM
    If you want to convert an mp4 to a mp3, there are several programs out there. I am using a mac, I use Flashcrunch. it is able to take most video formats and convert them to other formats, as well as audio file only...best thing is it is free...I don't know if there is a PC version...
    04-02-14 09:38 PM