Hi all,

So I have just purchased a really good 64GB PlayBook from eBay and am in the process of migrating across to it.

I have signed in to BB AppWorld and downloaded all the apps and I am good to go. Or at least I thought I was. Turns out that there are some apps I had on my old 16GB one (that I had paid for) that are no longer in AppWorld so I can't download them any more - annoying.

So the question is, how can I transfer these Apps across from the 16GB unit to the 64GB one?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Regards

Tim Watts
    06-11-18 02:23 PM
    I know BlackBerry killed the option to copy bar files from BB10... not sure if they did that to PlayBook OS are left it....

There was an app that would copy the bar files for backup.... might search PlayBook App Backup. but might be easier to find the apps in a BAR file archive.

Been a long time, the PlayBook Chrome extension might have allowed that too.
    06-11-18 02:57 PM
    Hi all,

So I have just purchased a really good 64GB PlayBook from eBay and am in the process of migrating across to it.

I have signed in to BB AppWorld and downloaded all the apps and I am good to go. Or at least I thought I was. Turns out that there are some apps I had on my old 16GB one (that I had paid for) that are no longer in AppWorld so I can't download them any more - annoying.

So the question is, how can I transfer these Apps across from the 16GB unit to the 64GB one?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Regards

Tim Watts
    Do you have a Link backup of the 16 gb PB? If yes or you can successfully make one, I believe the apps would appear after you restore it to the 64.

But Link is rather spotty, to say the least.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 05:39 PM
    Hi,

So I had an obvious thought.

Using the BlackBerry Desktop software for my phone (Torch 9810) I have previously used the "Switch Device Wizard" on that when moving from phone to phone.

I knew I could use that software to backup the PlayBook etc. so thought I would see if the "Switch Device" would work for the tablet - and it did!

Original one connected, backed up, new one connected, restored, and it was exactly as the old one was - apart from instead of having about 800MB of free storage there's now over 40GB with it being the larger model.

So a result - nothing lost, all Apps present and working and everything as it should be.

TMW
    anon(5597702) and brookie229 like this.
    06-13-18 01:03 PM
    Hi,

Using the BlackBerry Desktop software for my phone (Torch 9810) I have previously used the "Switch Device Wizard" on that when moving from phone to phone.

I knew I could use that software to backup the PlayBook etc. so thought I would see if the "Switch Device" would work for the tablet - and it did!

Original one connected, backed up, new one connected, restored, and it was exactly as the old one was - apart from instead of having about 800MB of free storage there's now over 40GB with it being the larger model.

So a result - nothing lost, all Apps present and working and everything as it should be.

TMW
    Glad to hear it worked out!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 06:56 AM
    Hi,

TMW
    Nice!

What about text-files, notes, word-doc, sheets etc....? Have they been also restored completely?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 03:45 AM
    Nice!

What about text-files, notes, word-doc, sheets etc....? Have they been also restored completely?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, the whole lot.

It is exactly the same tablet as my old one in every way, config, data, apps, etc. The only difference is that there is now much more free storage to work with.

TMW
    06-16-18 02:06 PM
    Yep, the whole lot.

It is exactly the same tablet as my old one in every way, config, data, apps, etc. The only difference is that there is now much more free storage to work with.

TMW
    Great!

Posted via CB10
    h a2 likes this.
    06-17-18 06:16 AM