Hi, can anyone help please?

Is there a way to transfer photos from your BB phone to your playbook over the bridge connection?
    My bridge works fine and I can view all the images saved and taken on the phone on the PB when bridge is enabled, but I can't seem to be able to save the pictures to PB or move them to PB memory or anything.

On a normal picture (from the internet or wherever) I can double tap or hold down on the picture I want then a sub menu appears allowing me to copy/save etc.

I know I can attach phone and PB to computer and move pictures that way, but this seems a lot of hassle - there should be a way to save direct!

Am I missing a simple trick!?
    Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    01-24-12 07:04 AM
    Right now the normal bridge doesn't allow this function, but an app such as files and folders allows you to do this.

Open files and folders, navigate to your device, choose the file on your BB, press copy to Virtual clipboard, navigate to your PB and choose paste.
    01-24-12 07:21 AM
    Right now the normal bridge doesn't allow this function, but an app such as files and folders allows you to do this.

Open files and folders, navigate to your device, choose the file on your BB, press copy to Virtual clipboard, navigate to your PB and choose paste.
    Interesting.

Is this Freeware buddy?
    01-24-12 07:31 AM
    There is a free trial version(which I couldn't get the file transfer to work to my 9810). Once I bought it, it works fine. Its not bad and well worth the $2.99 price tag.
    01-24-12 08:12 AM
    id lime to know how you viewpictures on your phone from the pb ?
    I cant seem to do this and am using the blackberry bridge without any problems!
    01-24-12 08:29 AM
    id lime to know how you viewpictures on your phone from the pb ?
    I cant seem to do this and am using the blackberry bridge without any problems!
    The BridgeFiles app will allow you to move around the bb phone and view photos, but only one at a time. It will not allow any transfer. As noted, only 3rd party PAY apps allow actual transfer - Files&Folders and FileBrowser.
    01-24-12 10:04 AM
    There is also the option of opening a picture from your blackberry on the playbook then screen capturing it to playbook pictures.
    ILFees, fbloise and hexedus like this.
    01-24-12 12:23 PM
    The bridge feature works for most users, but not for all due to a) enterprise security policies and/or b) a bug in the PlayBook OS. But take the trail version of Files & Folders for a spin to see if it works for you!
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-29-12 at 12:44 AM.
    01-24-12 12:27 PM
    ha, nice to see I'm not alone. I'm surprised you can't transfer files between phone and PB over bridge. Wow

EDIT:

Files & Folders doesn't show any files on the SD Card either.

EDIT 2:

Ok, it appears you have to turn OFF "File Compression" on the phone for any app on the PB to be able to see anything on the SD Card.

"Files & Folders" is the only one that can transfer pictures from the phone's SD card to the PB. Other file browsers can view the pic in the PB's photo viewer, after which you have to take a screen capture and then edit the black sides off the photo in some sort of photo editing app.

"Files & Folders" allows you to "copy" the file from the SD card and then "paste" it into a folder on the PB. However, drilling up and down through the directories is painful and slow. It would be nice to be able to have "favorite" folders that can be pinned to the drop-down menu.
    Last edited by Furballz; 03-05-12 at 02:22 AM.
    03-05-12 01:46 AM
    I downloaded Files&Folders to my PB and have it bridged with my BB (Torch)... When I go to select my device it then brings me to the screen where I can only select InternalDeviceMemory it then brings up a screen that reads "No bridge files found. Please connect your phone and unlock the bridge via the icon next to the clock. Then tap the refresh button here." Now, when I tap the icon on my BB it brings up the Manage connections screen and no where does it give the option to unlock the bridge I have already enabled file compression as well.
    07-08-12 11:48 AM
    *****Well, I just screen captured the image, guess that'll work*****
    07-08-12 12:26 PM
    Perfffffecttttttt blackberry bridge living up to its name once again!
    01-12-13 02:25 AM
    The Ghost Commander app for the playbook in appworld is free and allows you to transfer files from phone to playbook through bridge . Note that it is an android app, but honestly it is terrific and great file manager app.
    01-12-13 02:41 AM
    Once you open your picture on playbook
    Use your volume controls on top to TAKE a picture and voila your pic from your phone is saved
    05-03-13 11:16 AM
    Once you open your picture on the playbook use your volume controls on top to TAKE a PICTURE and voila your pic is saved on your playbook
    05-03-13 11:21 AM
    Once you open your picture on the playbook use your volume controls on top to TAKE a PICTURE and voila your pic is saved on your playbook
    That does work but the resolution of the photo is greatly reduced.

The Ghost solution is free and files/folders and other file managers can also do it as noted (for files/folders, you might have to actually open a Bridge app like email, to re-open the sd card connection - learned this just this last week)
    05-03-13 12:00 PM
    (for files/folders, you might have to actually open a Bridge app like email, to re-open the sd card connection - learned this just this last week)
    You can also tap the bridge icon up by the rotation lock on the PB. Then tap unlock.
    I'm not sure what that unlock/lock is for. Just an annoyance.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-03-13 03:01 PM
    attach the picture to your email in your phone and send it to another email or the same email in your playbook.my playbook has the same e-mail address as on my phone so I just put picture as attatchment and send it to myself.easy
    05-04-13 01:09 PM
    Sorry for activating a dead thread, but I had to say something about this after googling for an answer. How on earth is it possible to go to the trouble of developing the ability to view an image on the playbook and then fail to provide an option to save it to the playbook?
    Every store I've been in to look at a BB z10 or Z30 has had staff whose eyes glazed when I asked about it. Even the one place where a z30 was set up as a demo unit the guy said he hadn't sold any. I couldn't understand the negativity until this happened and now I get it. The whole time developers were seeking to integrate and harmonize functionality, BB was trying to make things difficult and more complicated. Why jump through a hoop when you don't have to?
    04-24-14 03:58 PM
    Sorry for activating a dead thread, but I had to say something about this after googling for an answer. How on earth is it possible to go to the trouble of developing the ability to view an image on the playbook and then fail to provide an option to save it to the playbook?
    Did you read through this thread before posting? If you had you would know that there are ways to directly transfer files/photos from your bridged phone to your Playbook.
    04-24-14 04:56 PM
    Every store I've been in to look at a BB z10 or Z30 has had staff whose eyes glazed when I asked about it. Even the one place where a z30 was set up as a demo unit the guy said he hadn't sold any. I couldn't understand the negativity until this happened and now I get it. The whole time developers were seeking to integrate and harmonize functionality, BB was trying to make things difficult and more complicated. Why jump through a hoop when you don't have to?
    You can open a picture from your phone on your PlayBook and push volume up/volume down at the same time to take a screen shot now the picture is on your PlayBook. How is that jumping thru hoops?
    04-24-14 07:30 PM
    Load Box Dropbox SkyDrive or OneDrive on you PB, now you have seamless pic'/ video transfer.
    DropBox and Box should already be on your BlackBerry device.
    Many devices don't do or have things we would like, but there's always a work around.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-24-14 08:30 PM
    You actually found a z30 on display? You are lucky. Not only have I never seen one, anyone who has a Z10 or Q10 out invariably has them not functioning. Forget actually finding someone who knows anything.

As for the original question, I have resorted to file explorers but have also wondered why I can't just transfer over seamlessly. Would love to use my 7 inch tablet as an extension of my phone (Miracast support on a tablet would be frwat)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD