Hi,

Does anyone know how to transfer pictures from a torch to the playbook?

Thanks
    07-04-12 11:14 AM
    Well, the Blackberry Bridge allows you to open the pictures that are on the Torch on the Playbook. You can then do a screen shot (Volume Up + Down at the same time). You could send via email or Bluetooth transfer (I haven't been able to successfully transfer via BT).

Do you use Bridge?
    07-04-12 11:57 AM
    I use files and folders to transfer files to and from PB and phone. Its a paid app maybe with a free trial. There may be some free apps that will work also but I cannot comment on those.

You could also plug the phone into the PC and using wifi transfer or USB on the PB just drag and drop.
    07-04-12 12:27 PM
    Desktop manager ? Email them to the email account on your playbook?
    07-04-12 12:42 PM
    there's no way of just wireless sending a photo to the playbooks storage. you can do "view on" and view it on the scren, but there's no way of saving it.

You can view them no problem via bridge, but there's no way evne in the built in filemanager of copying and pasting files over from one device to another.

I've had to resort to 3rd party file managers to do it.
    07-04-12 12:51 PM
    Filescout for bbphones can do it as a wifi transfer.
    Chaddface likes this.
    07-04-12 01:39 PM
    Hi,

I use PlayCloud to transfert my photo from/to my BlackBerry mobile over bridge.

With PlayCloud, you can also you Dropbox and soon Box.

Nicolas
    07-04-12 04:08 PM
    USB Mass Storage Mode on the 9800 to use a PC to transfer it to the PC, then connect the PB and copy back. USB is far faster than any WiFi transfer.
    07-04-12 05:08 PM
    Filescout for bbphones can do it as a wifi transfer.
    Thanks for the file scout mention. The wifi transfer is great. Using the free trial now but I'll be buying this one.
    07-04-12 05:55 PM
    Thanks for the file scout mention. The wifi transfer is great. Using the free trial now but I'll be buying this one.
    The only issue, I believe is you can only do one file at a time. But that's how I've been transferring my photos from the 9930 to my computer - using wifi/filescout.
    07-04-12 07:52 PM
    The only issue, I believe is you can only do one file at a time. But that's how I've been transferring my photos from the 9930 to my computer - using wifi/filescout.
    With PlayCloud, cheaper than files & folders and smoother/flower, you can transfert multi files/folders at the same time.

Moreover, PlayCloud offers tab features and multi-tasking. During a file transfert between phone and playbook - you can manage your dropbox or box account.

Nicolas
    07-05-12 12:55 AM
    I wonder if it's due to the limitations of the current OS on both / either the Phones or the Playbook that is preventing the ability to transfer pictures to/from each other, ie, take a photo on the phone, click send to Playbook, and the photo is sent - no third party app, email, or desktop manager required.

Perhaps when BB10 is available, there will be greater syncing of material between the phone and the tablet.
    07-05-12 08:58 AM
    With PlayCloud, cheaper than files & folders and smoother/flower, you can transfert multi files/folders at the same time.

Moreover, PlayCloud offers tab features and multi-tasking. During a file transfert between phone and playbook - you can manage your dropbox or box account.

Nicolas
    Does your app work between a Playbook and a Blackberry phone?

And good luck with your app.
    07-05-12 09:42 AM
    I'm alright with single files. If I want to transfer a bunch of files I will turn on the PC and have at it.
    Just this morning I needed a 30 minute video that was on my wife's PB. Open filescout on BB, type ip in my wife's PB browser and upload. Easy and definitely faster then bluetooth.
    07-05-12 09:59 AM
    I'm alright with single files. If I want to transfer a bunch of files I will turn on the PC and have at it.
    Just this morning I needed a 30 minute video that was on my wife's PB. Open filescout on BB, type ip in my wife's PB browser and upload. Easy and definitely faster then bluetooth.
    Since I've created static or fixed ip addresses for my pb(s) and my 9930, I have created shortcuts and bookmarks making it very easy. I've got a shortcut on my computer desktop

http://192.168.1.99

That opens Filescout's screen in Firefox. 99 is the address of my 99xx.
    07-05-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD