Hi!
    A friend is a new user of playbook.
    I'd like to transfer the photos from my external camera to your playbook. I have 2 methods: inserting the sd card in a usb reader connected to the playbook or connecting the camera to the playbook with a wire. My camera don't have bluetooth or wifi connection.
    I did connect with a micro-usb wire the camera to the playbook, but, the playbook is not seeing it. I'm thinking the playbook will not see the sd card reader (connected by usb).
    The playbook has the SO 2.1.0.1314.

Any ideas?

TIA
    jorge infante
    rosario - santa fe - argentina
    02-14-13 05:22 AM
    In order to do this the PB would need USB OTG enabled, it isn't at present, although it's rumoured that it wil be in BB10.

One thing that you can do is put one of these cards in your camera
    WiFi SD Cards: Eye-Fi Memory Cards: Wireless Photo and Video Uploads from your Camera to your Computer & the Web | Eye-Fi
    then your camera will be able to automatically upload to storage locations on the internet from which your camera can download from.
    02-14-13 06:33 AM
    Eye-Fi card works well. Will need to side load DROID app to playbook.
    02-14-13 07:26 AM
    Hi!
    I'd like to transfer the photos from my external camera to your playbook. I have 2 methods: inserting the sd card in a usb reader connected to the playbook or connecting the camera to the playbook with a wire. My camera don't have bluetooth or wifi connection.
    I did connect with a micro-usb wire the camera to the playbook, but, the playbook is not seeing it. I'm thinking the playbook will not see the sd card reader (connected by usb).

Any ideas?

TIA
    jorge infante
    I use the 8Gb Eyefi card in my Nikon DSLR. Upload to dropbox or pb box and straight onto my pb. Works anywhere and also transfers a copy image to my home pc. All while I'm out taking (not very good) photos.
    02-14-13 07:54 AM
    Below are several methods for transferring media from a camera to the PlayBook:

EyeFi: EyeFi is the fastest way to transfer files from a camera to the Playbook without the requirement for any additional network connectivity or infrastructure. Cost: $40-$100USD. Transfer Speed: Fastest.
    1. Install the EyeFi card in the camera and sideload the application for the PlayBook. The card establishes its own WiFi network and the application manages the files.

BlackBerry Bridge: If you own a BlackBerry phone running BB OS 5.0 through BB OS 7.1, you can take advantage of the bridge functionality. If you are willing to put up with Bluetooth transfer speeds, no network infrastructure is required. You must use a micro SD card in an adapter for the camera. Note that some phones provisioned on a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) do not allow file transfers over bridge. Cost: $2.99USD plus a micro SD card. Transfer: Fast over WiFi, Slow over Bluetooth if bridge via WiFi is unavailable:

1. Take the photos then transfer the micro SD card from the camera to the BlackBerry Phone.
    2. Establish a bridge connection between the phone and the playbook.
    3. Transfer the files using a file manager like Files and Folders for the PlayBook.
    Note: Compressing the files into a single ZIP file may speed the file transfer. FileScout for the BlackBerry phone is an application that contains this functionality.

WiFi Transfer: If you own a BlackBerry phone running on a BES that precludes bridge transfers, and you have access to an existing WiFi network, you might need to use a method similar to the following: (Note: This method requires the use of a micro SD card in the camera and transferring the card from the camera to the BlackBerry phone.) Cost: $2.99USD Speed: Good, depending on WiFi connectivity. Transfer speeds are high as the data doesnt leave the local WiFi network.
    1. Install FileScout for the BlackBerry phone to act as a file server for the PlayBook. Note that you must install the optional WiFi Sharing module in FileScout. See the FileScout documentation for further details.
    2. Using the web browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook, browse and download the files from the BlackBerry phone to the PlayBook. Note: To speed the transfer, it may be useful to zip the files on the SD card using FileScouts zip functionality.

Cloud Transfer: This method relies on the use of a MicroSD card and transfer of the MicroSD card from the camera to a compatible smart phone. This method also requires a working WiFi or cellular data connection for both devices. This can be accomplished with any BlackBerry phone running BB OS 5.0 through BB OS 7.1. Cost: Free Speed: Slow due to multiple transfers and internet connectivity speeds.
    1. Use a cloud service such as Box or DropBox. Both have clients for the BlackBerry Phone. DropBox is also supported by FileScout via an optional module. After transferring the MicroSD card to the phone, simply upload to the cloud.
    2. Download to the PlayBook using any application compatible with Box or DropBox (Box Native Client, Files and Folders)
    3. Note that Box and Drobox accounts have limits on transfer size and file size in addition to overall storage limits. This may make certain large transfers impossible.
    02-14-13 08:57 AM
    Hi!

Any ideas?

TIA
    jorge infante
    Go with the Eye-Fi card. Easier and cleaner. The only thing you should keep in mind, is if you shoot RAW, set the Eye-Fi card to transfer the Jpegs only, the RAW files will take a looong time as to the file size. When you gey home, you can then dump the RAW files to your pc.

Works GREAT!

C
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-14-13 09:04 AM
    Go with the Eye-Fi card. Easier and cleaner. The only thing you should keep in mind, is if you shoot RAW, set the Eye-Fi card to transfer the Jpegs only, the RAW files will take a looong time as to the file size. When you gey home, you can then dump the RAW files to your pc.

Works GREAT!

C
    As perfect solution.
    02-14-13 11:23 AM
    I have been looking for this capability for years now. Only reason I bring a laptop to work, to email good pics.
    02-14-13 12:21 PM
    I have been looking for this capability for years now. Only reason I bring a laptop to work, to email good pics.
    Leave the laptop at home and get an EyeFi card. I have the 8Gb card but they have now brought out a 16Gb card.
    02-14-13 01:49 PM
    My wife still emails them to herself! ahahahahahaha...
    Schatziebest likes this.
    02-14-13 02:50 PM
    Ok. It's a very good solution.
    I did see the BB10 is comming this year, for the playbook. But, I did see the "last" date of release was on Jan-31.
    Do you think we can get it in March 2013? My question is because I don't know about that reliable in dates is the company.
    Thanks for all responses!
    02-15-13 04:35 AM
    Ok. It's a very good solution.
    I did see the BB10 is comming this year, for the playbook. But, I did see the "last" date of release was on Jan-31.
    Do you think we can get it in March 2013? My question is because I don't know about that reliable in dates is the company.
    Thanks for all responses!
    Please don't spend too much time, well please don't spend any time worrying about bb10. It won't make any difference to what you are trying to achieve.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:25 AM