No, that is incorrect. That is the shipping time, not the time for it to be shipped.

Meaning, if we both order a playbook at the same time, one chooses overnight and the other free, they should both ship the same day. But one will arrive in 1 day and other other will arrive in 5-7.

Shipping time, not processing time.
    That's not according to the rep I spoke with. His explaination was they are processing based on priority. So if we ordered at the same time/day but I chose the free shipping and you chose overnight, over night would take priority because it needs to be delivered sooner. At least that's what I understoond from it. It would make sence to me that priority shiipping gets priority processing and delivery. JMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-11 08:12 AM
    That's not according to the rep I spoke with. His explaination was they are processing based on priority. So if we ordered at the same time/day but I chose the free shipping and you chose overnight, over night would take priority because it needs to be delivered sooner. At least that's what I understoond from it. It would make sence to me that priority shiipping gets priority processing and delivery. JMO.

Well i paid a big premium ( $49 Canadian ) for international express shipping, lets hope it pays off....
    11-29-11 08:17 AM
    So, after going through 4 pages of replies, is it safe to say that nobody really knows for sure how RIM is processing our orders? It's really only guesses and interpretations of what a frazzled rep might have said?
    If they're back logged, then good for them. That means there's a lot of interest in their product. But, their communication stinks. If they want to stay competitive, they need to take care of the customer. In my opinion, the way they're handling these orders parallels their tendency to release products before their ready and to remain a step behind what the market really wants.
    Not answering the phone (even with a recording), not responding to email and not updating ordering status with logical statements are all simply bad business practices. RIM can't afford to be sloppy or complacent.
    11-29-11 08:45 AM
    Literally just got this email...

Dear Serkle K,

We appreciate your BlackBerry order SBBXXXXXXXXXXXX and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some great promotions. Due to high demand, it may take several days to ship your order (please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery). You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your order has shipped. If you have a question regarding your order, please log in to your account (you must have created an account at time of purchase):
    Account Log In:
    Go to: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IiJLkQnf then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen and then "Order History" on the left under Account Information

For additional support please email us at [email protected] quoting your order number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    ShopBlackBerry Customer Service
    a GlobalWare Solutions Inc. Store

But does that really clarify anything for anyone else? lol

Debating on searching for a 64GB in a store, and then canceling my order... I can't wait to get this thing!!
    11-29-11 09:03 AM
    You dont have to create an account at time of purchase, i bought my PB as a "guest " and i think that is the reason why there is no order history, even when logging in with the email used to buy the PB.

And i see that shopblackberry is not even run by RIM, its run by Globalware, who, from there website should be the best thing since sliced bread to read there blurb...
    11-29-11 09:08 AM
    LOL,
    Serkle K,
    Thanks for saving me the time to cut and paste. I just got the same email and was about to post the same message.

I responded to [email protected] by asking what the original anticipated shipping and delivery date were and what impact the 5-6 days would have.

Do you think 1 ambiguous order status + 1 ambiguous email = 1 uesful piece of information?

Dear Serkle K,

We appreciate your BlackBerry order SBBXXXXXXXXXXXX and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some great promotions. Due to high demand, it may take several days to ship your order (please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery). You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your order has shipped. If you have a question regarding your order, please log in to your account (you must have created an account at time of purchase):
    Account Log In:
    Go to: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-vu1zGT2 then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen and then "Order History" on the left under Account Information

For additional support please email us at [email protected] quoting your order number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Debating on searching for a 64GB in a store, and then canceling my order... I can't wait to get this thing!!
    11-29-11 09:17 AM
    " please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery "

What does this mean ?

I paid for 2 day delivery to Canada, so this should read allow an additional 5 to 6 days before the PB is shipped + the 2 days for express delivery that i paid for.
    11-29-11 09:21 AM
    I also got the same email for two separate orders I placed.

If you paid for shipping, I would demand a refund (after the item is delivered). Makes no sense to pay for overnight shipping ($25!) to have it delayed a week.

These types of things happen (though they shouldn't) but I just think paid shipping services should be refunded. Though with the slash in price already, I doubt that will happen.
    11-29-11 09:30 AM
    I also got the same email for two separate orders I placed.

If you paid for shipping, I would demand a refund (after the item is delivered). Makes no sense to pay for overnight shipping ($25!) to have it delayed a week.

These types of things happen (though they shouldn't) but I just think paid shipping services should be refunded. Though with the slash in price already, I doubt that will happen.
    11-29-11 09:31 AM
    This sounds like good news for those who exploited shopblackberry's technical glitch with the 2 16GB for $300 offer.

RFDers have confirmed that they have received the email, and some have phoned the distributor confirming that they will indeed ship.

$150 for a 16GB? Not bad.
    11-29-11 09:35 AM
    I just got the same email from shopblackberry, the first email i have gotten from them.

Oh well at least they know i exist.

* Looking at the email, it took 10 hours to arrive !! *
    Last edited by cogsinister; 11-29-11 at 10:23 AM.
    11-29-11 10:14 AM
    I think Blackberry should give us people who paid a lot for express delivery and are going to end up waiting 7 days plus the delivery time, something like a free case or the like.

I think that would be a good idea.
    11-29-11 10:21 AM
    Okay, I've got a question. Is it an additional 5-6 days from when this email was sent or from when the order was placed?

Originally it was 1-2 days to ship. This makes it up to 8 days. I placed my order on the 24th. So should mine ship on 8th?
    11-29-11 10:43 AM
    Okay, I've got a question. Is it an additional 5-6 days from when this email was sent or from when the order was placed?

Originally it was 1-2 days to ship. This makes it up to 8 days. I placed my order on the 24th. So should mine ship on 8th?
    The way its worded is very ambiguous, on the Canadian website it says up to an extra 7 days, in the email 5 to 6, i would guess this would have to be added to the delivery time of the method you choose at checkout.

But looking on the bright side they could ship the day after tomorrow if we get lucky.
    11-29-11 10:52 AM

At this rate, it'll ship on the 32nd.
    11-29-11 11:24 AM

Dear Serkle K,

Account Log In:
    Go to: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=5PQsgZPX then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen and then "Order History" on the left under Account Information

Best Regards,

Yes this is the same notification I received late last night. Well at least they haven't said they're cancelling - I went out and bought a book on the Playbook and I'm hoping to be an expert by the time I receive mine .........
    Serkle K likes this.
    11-29-11 11:40 AM
    Same email I got today also.
    11-29-11 02:09 PM
    We just have to play the waiting game now i guess.......
    11-29-11 02:10 PM
    I got emails for my 3 orders, though one has the status of "Inventory Hold." Should I be concerned with that? Also, how do you cancel an order? I'm kinda thinking about cancelling one and going with a HP Touchpad instead.
    11-29-11 02:21 PM
    I got emails for my 3 orders, though one has the status of "Inventory Hold." Should I be concerned with that? Also, how do you cancel an order? I'm kinda thinking about cancelling one and going with a HP Touchpad instead.
    If you're buying the 32 or 64 GB playbooks, just order from amazon. Or the 16GB from a number of other places.

To cancel you have to call their number (and hope you get someone.. or tone!) and then they put in a cancel "request" which takes 24-48 hours. That is what I was told when I called to cancel one of my orders first thing yesterday morning. As of now, its not cancelled yet.
    11-29-11 04:03 PM
    I think i will wait and see, i dont want to cancel my order with RIM and then not be able to get another localy as we live in a very small town, and i think shipping is none refundable, and i chose ( stupidly ) the express option that cost me an extra $50 and i dont want to loose that.
    11-29-11 04:26 PM
    Well, I've found HP Touchpads (32gb) locally for ~$200. It'd suck to be out $13 for the case, but I think I'd rather have the more memory and I believe for what I'd like the bigger screen may be advantageous. I'm still undecided. The portability of the 7" screen seems very beneficial, but most of the time I plan on using it for school where I'd be carrying a backpack and the size wouldn't really matter.

Also, all my orders are for the 16gb model. I would order elsewhere, but I can't find anywhere still in stock with the $199 pricepoint. I'm in no hurry to get them, so waiting isn't that big of a problem. The 2 I first ordered are Christmas gifts.
    11-29-11 05:27 PM
    order 16gb playbook on rim website on 25 november, and just got second confirmation email on 29 november. been try many times call the customer service, but no tone . so waiting for third email about shipment confirmation with tracking number on it. i guess apple much better customer service than rim.
    11-29-11 08:42 PM
    order 16gb playbook on rim website on 25 november, and just got second confirmation email on 29 november. been try many times call the customer service, but no tone . so waiting for third email about shipment confirmation with tracking number on it. i guess apple much better customer service than rim.
    What does the second confirmation email say ?

Is it the same as the first ?
    11-29-11 08:44 PM
    I ordered a 32gb on Friday at 8:30 PM received one of those confirmation emails this morning and received my PB tonight.

cogsinister likes this.
    11-29-11 09:50 PM
400 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD