I ordered mine from RIM also. I was going to order from Amazon, but the price was the same, and both had free shipping. Amazon is also backed up with shipping orders. But, I didn't realize until I'd finished the transaction, that I was charged a sales tax. I've read from some people that they were not taxed. With that, Amazon would have been cheaper.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    11-27-11 02:15 PM
    I wasn't charged sales tax. I paid $199 straight up. I was surprised I wasn't charged anything else but I am not complaining.
    11-27-11 08:50 PM
    Thanks for the information on shopblackberry.com . Went to walmart this morning and they had one and when she went to ring it up it came to $499.99. UGH. If you are looking for cheaper accessories, check out walmarts website. some of the accessories are 1/2 price
    11-27-11 09:08 PM
    Staples has the folio type case online for 19.99 and im glad someone asked. Many have not ordered a blackberry product before such as myself and didnt understand how the process worked. There are rude people everywhere. Its unfortunate but dont take it personally
    11-27-11 09:36 PM
    Incipio's cases are on sale until the end of the night if you need a case.
    11-27-11 10:45 PM
    I purchased my Playbook Friday night and got a confirmation e-mail right away. All weekend I have been checking the progress of my order. My order status went from in fulfilment to printing now it says released. I also tried calling the toll free number with no luck. All I want know is what released means.
    11-28-11 07:50 PM
    I purchased my Playbook Friday night and got a confirmation e-mail right away. All weekend I have been checking the progress of my order. My order status went from in fulfilment to printing now it says released. I also tried calling the toll free number with no luck. All I want know is what released means.
    What size did you order? I ordered a 16GB around 7:30 AM Thanksgiving morning. The status has said "Received" since then.

I also ordered a 32GB Sunday afternoon and the status has said "Inventory Hold" since. I called to cancel the 32GB and I was told it takes 24-48 hours for a cancel request (which is dumb, IMO- just cancel it now?)

I was told that both "received" and "inventory hold' BOTH just mean that it hasn't shipped yet.

Even though the price is already slashed, I feel as if these are going to be delayed for a week (that message wasn't up when I ordered mine) then RIM should throw in free overnight shipping.
    11-28-11 08:06 PM
    I only ordered my 16 gig PB from the RIM shop this morning and the order status is empty...and no answers to emails ans the toll free number does not work....i just want to know what is going on.
    11-28-11 08:50 PM
    I received my shipping confirmation with tracking numbers just a few minutes ago.
    cogsinister likes this.
    11-28-11 09:34 PM
    I received my shipping confirmation with tracking numbers just a few minutes ago.
    When did you place your order ?
    11-28-11 09:41 PM
    None of mine have shipped (I have 3) and one has the status: Inventory Hold. Kinda concerned.
    11-28-11 09:50 PM
    None of mine have shipped (I have 3) and one has the status: Inventory Hold. Kinda concerned.
    I only ordered this morning so i am not panicing just yet but the lack of status and no one answering emails and a dead toll free help line does not bode well...
    11-28-11 09:55 PM
    I purchased one on Thursday from that site and I also received the confirmation email but haven't received a shipping email yet. I tried calling them and there wasn't a dial tone for their number, kinda weird. I also tried to track my order and it wasn't there. I'm really upset that I purchased from that website.
    I did the same as you, have my confirmation (I set up an account)
    However I haven't received any shipping info as of this evening. Just a little worried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-11 09:58 PM
    When did you place your order?

What size?

And what was the status before you got shipping info?
    11-28-11 09:59 PM
    I only ordered this morning so i am not panicing just yet but the lack of status and no one answering emails and a dead toll free help line does not bode well...
    Sometimes I'm able to get a toll and able to talk to someone. Other times nothing. I think this may just be due to an extremely high volume of calls right now. I always get a toll (reaching the recorded message) when I call before/after their business hours.
    11-28-11 10:06 PM
    It says that but in the description it has this.

Click to view quoted image

So you will get an e-mail when you get one...

and my Order Date:11/26/2011 it's Inventory Hold?? so i think there waiting to end of sale before shiping it??
    11-28-11 10:27 PM
    and my Order Date:11/26/2011 it's Inventory Hold?? so i think there waiting to end of sale before shiping it??
    I hope that isn't the case. And I don't think it is. I ordered on the 24th. Sale is over on the 3rd, which is a Saturday. That would leave shipping for the 5th. If I had to wait until then for my tablet just to ship, I'd be pretty ticked!
    11-28-11 10:35 PM
    Thanksgiving evening, right before I posted the thread about BB now selling the PB's as well.
    11-28-11 10:45 PM
    Sale ends on the 1st of Dec here in Canada.
    11-28-11 10:51 PM
    Thanksgiving evening, right before I posted the thread about BB now selling the PB's as well.
    That seriously ticks me off. Same thing happened when I cheated on my blackberry and ordered the dell venue pro. I hate when orders placed AFTER mine get shipped before mine does.
    11-28-11 10:54 PM
    You should all take into account what type of shipping you chose. I opted for the free shipping, and that takes 5-7 days, and once it ships I'm supposed to get shipping details along with tracking info. So if you opted for the overnight or 2 day shipping You should have received some kind of info/update as to the status. If you opted for the free shipping then you have to wait until the end of this week or beginning of the week next week, just to know when you should expect your device.
    11-28-11 11:15 PM
    You should all take into account what type of shipping you chose. I opted for the free shipping, and that takes 5-7 days, and once it ships I'm supposed to get shipping details along with tracking info. So if you opted for the overnight or 2 day shipping You should have received some kind of info/update as to the status. If you opted for the free shipping then you have to wait until the end of this week or beginning of the week next week, just to know when you should expect your device.
    No, that is incorrect. That is the shipping time, not the time for it to be shipped.

Meaning, if we both order a playbook at the same time, one chooses overnight and the other free, they should both ship the same day. But one will arrive in 1 day and other other will arrive in 5-7.

Shipping time, not processing time.
    11-28-11 11:23 PM
    No, that is incorrect. That is the shipping time, not the time for it to be shipped.

Meaning, if we both order a playbook at the same time, one chooses overnight and the other free, they should both ship the same day. But one will arrive in 1 day and other other will arrive in 5-7.

Shipping time, not processing time.
    Plus, one of the tablets I ordered, I did choose over night shipping.
    11-28-11 11:36 PM
    What size did you order? I ordered a 16GB around 7:30 AM Thanksgiving morning. The status has said "Received" since then.

I also ordered a 32GB Sunday afternoon and the status has said "Inventory Hold" since. I called to cancel the 32GB and I was told it takes 24-48 hours for a cancel request (which is dumb, IMO- just cancel it now?)

I was told that both "received" and "inventory hold' BOTH just mean that it hasn't shipped yet.

Even though the price is already slashed, I feel as if these are going to be delayed for a week (that message wasn't up when I ordered mine) then RIM should throw in free overnight shipping.
    I ordered the 32gb cause they where out of the 16gb when I checked.
    11-28-11 11:37 PM
    I have to say shopblackberry is the worst site i have ever ordered from, i terms of information provided after the order and being able to contact support.
    11-29-11 06:33 AM
400 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD