Maybe it was the humidity of being in Hawaii, but the touchscreen has conked out and only a few parts of the screen respond - that is I can swipe fine and tap open a few parts of the screen, but typing is certainly impossible. Anyone with experience or advice in rescucitating the PB's weakly responsive touchscreen?
    Last edited by svelt; 06-06-13 at 10:45 PM.
    06-06-13 09:07 PM
    I am struggling with the same thing! Having a hard time with the swiping gesture. Newbie issue or the touch screen? Help!
    06-07-13 07:27 AM
    I am struggling with the same thing! Having a hard time with the swiping gesture. Newbie issue or the touch screen? Help!
    A little more information would be helpful. In what way are you struggling with the screen? Touch, swipe?
    06-07-13 07:30 AM
    As asked - more info.

But some hints. If the PB is in Standby (gone dark by itself), swipe completely from any bezel to its opposite bezel. Swipe from lower left corner diagonally inward to bring up the keyboard. When an app is full-screen, swipe up from the bottom to reduce it. When an app is full-screen, swipe diagonally inward from either upper corner to reveal the status bar (battery icon, bt, wifi, OPTIONS/Gear).
    06-07-13 07:59 AM
    If you think you've got moisture/water in the unit then try some mild heat and dry it out. Sorry you're having problems, but to say there are general build quality issues might be a reach. For every post on here of an issue, there are tens of thousands who have a PB working without problems or when a problem is posted it requires only some direction to correct. Quite frankly, my PB has been rock solid in build and performance. I've taken it all over the country and it works great. Maybe I'm lucky. Good luck with yours.
    Tim1131 likes this.
    06-07-13 02:25 PM
    Good news: the touch screen is fully rectified. For anyone having issues, try just keeping it plugged in and near a fan of some sort for a week or two. This is the second time this has happened and the touchscreen has fixed itself this way each time.
    06-10-13 02:33 AM
    It sounds as if there's a bad solder point or connection if heating and cooling can fix it. But I hope this is a more permanent fix this time. good luck
    06-10-13 08:41 AM
    A little more information would be helpful. In what way are you struggling with the screen? Touch, swipe?
    What the..??? You're being helpful??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 09:03 AM
    Probably completely unrelated but IMHO the pb screen does not like any form of moisture. I have always had a screen protector fitted and clean the screen regularly, (sad I know but look at my name).

Anyway recently I decided to clean the screen while my pb was still switched on and it frightened the life out of me. I lightly sprayed the screen with the cleaning fluid and it does give off a very fine mist and the screen immediately dimmed and froze. When I wiped the screen with a camera lens cloth it didn't move and was completely locked. I tried all the swipe gestures and nothing worked. In my mind I now had a perfectly spotless screen that was useless. Crossing my legs, fingers and dangly bit I rebooted my pb literally praying that I hadn't knackered the screen permanently. It came back on but wasn't quite right and displayed all strange colours. Convinced that I had caused serious damage I switched it off. The following day thinking well I've nothing to lose I switched it on. Perfect, it was just perfect again. I now never even take my pb into a steamy room with me. I don't think the problem is a loose solder joint as that would manifest itself in lots of other situations as well but although I have no idea what the cause is it happens every time. Glad you fixed it by the way.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-10-13 09:06 AM
    Probably completely unrelated but IMHO the pb screen does not like any form of moisture. I have always had a screen protector fitted and clean the screen regularly, (sad I know but look at my name).

Anyway recently I decided to clean the screen while my pb was still switched on and it frightened the life out of me. I lightly sprayed the screen with the cleaning fluid and it does give off a very fine mist and the screen immediately dimmed and froze. When I wiped the screen with a camera lens cloth it didn't move and was completely locked. I tried all the swipe gestures and nothing worked. In my mind I now had a perfectly spotless screen that was useless. Crossing my legs, fingers and dangly bit I rebooted my pb literally praying that I hadn't knackered the screen permanently. It came back on but wasn't quite right and displayed all strange colours. Convinced that I had caused serious damage I switched it off. The following day thinking well I've nothing to lose I switched it on. Perfect, it was just perfect again. I now never even take my pb into a steamy room with me. I don't think the problem is a loose solder joint as that would manifest itself in lots of other situations as well but although I have no idea what the cause is it happens every time. Glad you fixed it by the way.
    Do you spend a lot of time in steamy rooms? Haha
    06-10-13 09:20 AM
    Do you spend a lot of time in steamy rooms? Haha
    Serves you right S_O_M for making a (mostly) serious post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 11:16 AM
    What the..??? You're being helpful??
    Been in the cellar too long and I'm almost certain I can hear that six foot mouse coming down the tunnel. Filling it in as we speak.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:25 AM
    Been in the cellar too long and I'm almost certain I can hear that six foot mouse coming down the tunnel. Filling it in as we speak.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, dude you are NUTS!
    06-10-13 03:03 PM
    Haha, dude you are NUTS!
    Ok let's just see how rational you are when you are being chased down a dark hole by a six foot mouse!
    06-10-13 03:41 PM