I installed a screen protector from BestSkinsEver.com yesterday afternoon and ever since then the screen doesn't seem to be responsive in some areas. I'll have to push a spot about 10 times or I have to push it twice as hard as before to get it to register a keypress.

Has anyone else had this issue with a skin?

I've installed BSE products for almost 5 years on a variety of different products without issue so this is puzzling to me.
    12-07-11 05:24 PM
    is the skin removable and re appliable?
    12-07-11 06:21 PM
    I installed a screen protector from BestSkinsEver.com yesterday afternoon and ever since then the screen doesn't seem to be responsive in some areas. I'll have to push a spot about 10 times or I have to push it twice as hard as before to get it to register a keypress.

Has anyone else had this issue with a skin?

I've installed BSE products for almost 5 years on a variety of different products without issue so this is puzzling to me.
    I am having trouble with my stylus after applying a screen protector... apparently the pb doesn't like screen protector very much...
    12-07-11 06:49 PM
    i put invisible shield on my playbook and it works wonderfully. Although i noticed a very small yet annoying fiber under the screen protector and i was wondering if it was ok to remove it partially and reapply? its been on my pb for about 3 weeks and i dont have any of the liquid solution that came with it.As for the playbook not liking screen protectors that is completely false my screen is just as responsive as it was before i applied the protector.
    12-07-11 07:04 PM
    Just put the tip in
    Abrante likes this.
    12-07-11 07:21 PM
    I have used Zagg and bodyguardz screen protector on the 3 pbs in my family, all are just as responsive. Could be the brand of screen protector, but it should not make the screen less responsive.
    12-07-11 07:24 PM
    is the skin removable and re appliable?
    I removed the skin and it's still having the issue. So now I feel like maybe it's just a problem with the playbook. The weird thing is that everything seemed perfect until literally right after I put the skin on the playbook.
    12-07-11 07:34 PM
    I will be uploading a short video onto youtube so that I can show you guys the issue. It's slight but still annoying
    12-07-11 07:35 PM
    i put invisible shield on my playbook and it works wonderfully. Although i noticed a very small yet annoying fiber under the screen protector and i was wondering if it was ok to remove it partially and reapply? its been on my pb for about 3 weeks and i dont have any of the liquid solution that came with it.As for the playbook not liking screen protectors that is completely false my screen is just as responsive as it was before i applied the protector.
    Generally, the ones that apply with liquid adhere pretty well and will stretch if you try to move them after they've dried.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-07-11 07:54 PM
    The first few days after applying the full body protector the PB felt kind of rough to handle, but, after playing with it for a while it got loose. Now I can finally get it to respond by just touching it with the tip of my finger... Magical fingers I must admit. lol
    12-07-11 11:35 PM
    Was the screen protector a dry or wet application? If wet did you wait 24hr before you booted up the device again? If you used alot of application fluid and booted up the device too soon its possible you could have damaged the PB.
    12-08-11 01:00 AM
    Was the screen protector a dry or wet application? If wet did you wait 24hr before you booted up the device again? If you used alot of application fluid and booted up the device too soon its possible you could have damaged the PB.
    i did turn it on soon thereafter so that could have happened. would it ever fix itself or is it dead?
    12-08-11 04:21 AM
    Here's the video:

It's not glaringly obvious because it doesn't happen everytime but if you keep watching you'll see the mis-touches.
    12-08-11 04:43 AM
    I contacted buy.com this morning and asked them for an RMA. As soon as this one is in the mail they will send me another. I will make sure that the next time I put a skin on it that I ensure that it's dry just in case that was the culprit.

But now I'm pb-less for like a week and I think I'm going through a withdrawal phase
    12-08-11 02:03 PM
    The same thing happened to me now. Applied the skin while it was off, waited over 24 hours before turning it on as suggested by the site. Now the touchscreen is very unresponsive and only works in a few areas. Lucky that you had it swapped out for free... I don't think I would be so fortunate having owned it for longer than a year =\ Man BB products are giving me a headache now.
    12-14-12 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD