Solutions: So after the battery drained i left it off, charged it the next day. It turned on and was being really slow to my touches. I finally made it through the painful OS install/setup after the security wipe. After about 2 hours just touching it and playing with it or trying to the screen now responds to my touches instantly again. So seems to be fixed, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

So looks like Rim products are dying ha. My 9780 playing up, desktop manager wont load and now my playbook.

So all of the sudden today my playbook just stopped responding.

One minute it was fine next nothing. Anywhere i touch it doesn't respond.

I did a restart (holding down power button).

Reboots and still not working.

Did a hard reset (volume +, - and power button)

Reboots and still not working.

Also noticed that when it was working that the browser when closed wouldn't allow me to click again until i reboot the device.

I would love to send firmware to it but because the desktop software no longer works i can't even do that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...orking-745187/

Anyone had any similar issues? I read a bunch of threads complaining about this but no solutions just typical power off and should be okay.

Not sure what else to do..

Latest OS and about 7 months old.
    Last edited by keelan454; 09-19-12 at 01:13 PM.
    09-16-12 08:58 PM
    Hmmm. BDM not working most likely has to do with your computer and not with RIM. I would try another computer before doing anything else. I have heard hardware having issues, but not BDM yet. I would more likely bet on the fact that you are doing something wrong. Maybe your comp has bad usb ports? your drivers aren't working right? Remove all antiviruses and use microsoft security essentials. I know many antiviruses are blocking BDM networking functions. But if BDM doesn't even start, that's your computer issue not RIM.
    Do you have a blackberry phone? Try to use bridge and see if you can remote control that way. If so, you can know that the screen is busted. I would hold down power button until it turns off
    Then give it an hour or two, then turn it back on. See if that works.
    09-16-12 09:21 PM
    If the above does not work

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    09-16-12 09:41 PM
    Hmmm. BDM not working most likely has to do with your computer and not with RIM. I would try another computer before doing anything else. I have heard hardware having issues, but not BDM yet. I would more likely bet on the fact that you are doing something wrong. Maybe your comp has bad usb ports? your drivers aren't working right? Remove all antiviruses and use microsoft security essentials. I know many antiviruses are blocking BDM networking functions. But if BDM doesn't even start, that's your computer issue not RIM.
    Do you have a blackberry phone? Try to use bridge and see if you can remote control that way. If so, you can know that the screen is busted. I would hold down power button until it turns off
    Then give it an hour or two, then turn it back on. See if that works.
    Unfortunately i tried it on another machine and seems a lot of people have similar issues. The install is fine and usbs are fine. But it is simply when i open it to run BDM that it fails.

The program just doesn't run.

:'(

I did use bridge mode before i security wiped my playbook that worked fine.
    If the above does not work

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    I think i will be doing this.

So i have notice that is responds to swipes slowly but not taps, strange. One minute it worked the next it didn't i would understand if i dropped it or something but nope.

Thank you for the help.
    09-17-12 10:13 AM
    Curious to see if this still works fine for you. One of my playbook started doing the same thing. I tried a security wipe and all. It boots up and works fine, then out of nowhere the screen will stop responding
    01-16-13 03:29 PM
    Curious to see if this still works fine for you. One of my playbook started doing the same thing. I tried a security wipe and all. It boots up and works fine, then out of nowhere the screen will stop responding
    OP here (lost password).

No i didn't find a solution. It just started to work after a full power drain and security wipe then leaving it for 2+ hours. It has happened since but i did the same thing and it worked. I rarely use it now but when i do (toilet) it seems to be working okay.
    01-21-13 06:48 PM
    i have a black berry phone and the touchscreen wouldn't respond to my clicks (touches).
    01-17-14 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD