If you search playbook.bar on this site or elsewhere I think it will/should show up.
    01-20-12 04:30 PM
    Anyone think this is a possibility for the future? Via app world or side loading? I doubt it would get app world approved, but damn, a torrent downloading client would be handy, and make my playbook better again!
    Torrents are illegal. Should you be posting this here?
    01-20-12 04:52 PM
    Torrents are illegal. Should you be posting this here?
    Torrents are not illegal you ignoramus (only word i could think of that wasnt too offensive but still remains accurate), torrents are jusr a delivery plarform... it's the content behind the torrent is illegal. And just like any delivery platform, torrents can be used for perfectly legitimate and legal reasons, as well as for more infamous reasons like piracy. There is no reason whatsoever that people cannot install or discuss a torrent client, as long as they don't state intention or discuss intent to download or distribue copyrighted or licensed content illegally.
    01-20-12 05:35 PM
    Torrents are not illegal you ignoramus (only word i could think of that wasnt too offensive but still remains accurate), torrents are jusr a delivery plarform... it's the content behind the torrent is illegal. And just like any delivery platform, torrents can be used for perfectly legitimate and legal reasons, as well as for more infamous reasons like piracy. There is no reason whatsoever that people cannot install or discuss a torrent client, as long as they don't state intention or discuss intent to download or distribue copyrighted or licensed content illegally.
    thanks Richdog-

Filesharing is NOT illegal! Copyright is the issue. In a related event apparently MegaUpload; (to which many on CB were using to host .bars converted from android) was shut down for illegal distribution of copyright materials. Use of the hosting service and downloading does not mean you are illegally downloading. It is only illegal if you are downloading copyright material which you have not licensed. End rant.

Go PlayBook.
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 01-21-12 at 08:01 AM.
    01-21-12 07:24 AM
    I've tried the 2 websites and also sideloaded the torrent app, but none of them seem to be working.

Using torrific, I manage to get a list of torrents I'm downloading but it doesn't actually do anything.

BitLet tells me that I am missing a java plug-in.

And the PlayTorrent app tells me there's no response from tracker, then sits there doing nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    blackberrymamba likes this.
    01-21-12 07:55 AM
    Hahahahahaha...

Hahahahahaha...

Talking monkeys...
    01-21-12 11:35 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD