Do u think there will be a torrent client app or anything like it that will allow me to DL from toorent sites from the browser. Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been covered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 11:41 AM
    I doubt it wouldn't it be easier just to use the computer?
    02-21-11 11:42 AM
    Fried my computer !!! Gonna do PB instead of PC or laptop for now.

02-21-11 11:50 AM
    I doubt it wouldn't it be easier just to use the computer?
    And yes it prob would be easier lol.

02-21-11 11:51 AM
    Do u think there will be a torrent client app or anything like it that will allow me to DL from toorent sites from the browser. Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been covered.

I'm sure if anyone feels motivated to create one they can do it. However, getting the app accepted into AppWorld will be one of the first hurdles to overcome. But it's definitely do-able
    02-21-11 11:51 AM
    Fried my computer !!! Gonna do PB instead of PC or laptop for now.

just remember, it's probably the torrent downloading that fried the computer in the first place :P
    02-21-11 11:54 AM
    Why would it be a prob for app world to accept it.

02-21-11 11:57 AM
    just remember, it's probably the torrent downloading that fried the computer in the first place :P
    Tru very tru

02-21-11 11:59 AM

could get in trouble for supporting the downloading of illegal copies of music/videos/software
    02-21-11 12:00 PM

because `most` torrents are illegal file sharing, granted some arent and im sure your in no way looking to download illegal files, but its how it looks on appworld is where the issue lies
    02-21-11 12:00 PM
    Thanks for all the feed back.

02-21-11 12:03 PM

could get in trouble for supporting the downloading of illegal copies of music/videos/software
    Yup............free is very bad for business
    02-21-11 12:08 PM
    You wouldn't NEED to put it on app world at all.

What I would question you about is the issue of DATA. Do you have any clue how much data a torrent client would suck up? They don't call it bitTORRENT for nothing. You'd have to be crazy careful of what you DL and the duration you leave the app on for. It could all leave you with a massive bill at the end of the month. I'm talking possibly thousands of dollars! Do any of you understand? There are plenty of horror stories regarding this sort of thing...

02-21-11 12:34 PM
    What I would question you about is the issue of DATA. Do you have any clue how much data a torrent client would suck up? They don't call it bitTORRENT for nothing. You'd have to be crazy careful of what you DL and the duration you leave the app on for. It could all leave you with a massive bill at the end of the month. I'm talking possibly thousands of dollars! Do any of you understand? There are plenty of horror stories regarding this sort of thing...
    On a Wifi PB? I'm thinking the cost of your monthly internet subscription.
    02-21-11 12:42 PM
    Even then, just one little oopsie with a transfer of data via the carrier (if it has a cellular radio) and you could be in the shtook. It's better to just use your PC anyway.

MISNO likes this.
    02-21-11 01:03 PM
    as the only application portal for the PlayBook at launch will be appworld, then you would
    02-21-11 01:23 PM

Of course you wouldn't need AppWorld if you know your way around manually installing apps on the system. But that is a luxury not all average or everyday BB users are equipped with.

Regarding massive bill at the end of the month from using such apps. As long as it's over a Wifi connection I doubt it will be over what you pay monthly, provided you are not on a limited usage internet connection.
    02-21-11 01:35 PM
    for the love of god would someone who knows what they're doing(obv i do not) port a client over already... and post it
    06-21-11 11:18 PM
    Anyone knows/thinks if the android player will bring a torrent client along?
    09-14-11 10:36 PM
    I am the author.

App is waiting for approve more than a month and i think that is the way RIM says "no".

Actually i wanted to sell it, but first 10 of you can try it for free, if you promise to write a review here (i do not want a good review, i want your actual opinion and description of bugs).

App can be downloaded from here:

http://playappsblog.com/PlayTorrent.bar

To obtain registration code mail me at [email protected],
    write "PlayTorrent tester" as a topic and provide device PIN and serial (can be found in system properies or just run PlayTorrent, and copy the text it shows).

If you want to buy or donate use
    WebMoney:
    Z123759905755
    Last edited by andrey.turovskiy; 10-13-11 at 03:43 AM.
    10-13-11 03:36 AM
    Try "torrific" DOT com. Its a web based torrent solution. Posted in a webapps sticky.

10-13-11 04:06 AM
    its torrefic not torrific
    10-13-11 04:51 AM
    @andrey
    i sideloaded your app, but how come its icon doesnt appear in the All tab?
    10-13-11 06:54 AM
    because `most` torrents are illegal file sharing, granted some arent and im sure your in no way looking to download illegal files, but its how it looks on appworld is where the issue lies
    Only Illegal in the US. In Canada it is legal to download but illegal to upload, where as in the US it is legal to upload but not download atleast from what I understand of the US copyright laws. In Canada you are able to download for personal use.
    10-13-11 08:47 AM
    @andrey
    i sideloaded your app, but how come its icon doesnt appear in the All tab?
    It should. At least it is so for me and 5 testers.

Use playbook_tools (google playbook_tools.zip to find the site you trust or try this one LimeTrip: How To Install AngryBirds.Bar and other Apps To Your PlayBook Easily).
    10-13-11 09:33 AM
51 123