And was in cloud 9 to read this as bb playbook made it to the list.

The Top Three Tablet Alternatives to the iPad | ReviewTablets.com
    03-04-11 11:58 AM
    firstly spring/summer?? wtf??

also how i`ll be honest, when samsung turn round and openly say they arent up to par to ipad2 so they are gonna change some stuff, im not sure if even after having the guts to say that it makes them a great choice?
    03-04-11 12:30 PM
    i probably would have the same list but might switch HP/WebOS out with sammy
    03-04-11 12:35 PM
    Man - they really talked up the PB.

'make no mistake, it's going to be AMAZING!'

....I hope you're right ReviewTablets.com....I hope you are. Even with your backwards website name.
    03-04-11 12:46 PM
    1. Motorola Xoom: This tablet recently won Best of Show at CES 2011, and for good reason: as one of the first 4G-compatible tablets to hit the market this year, the Honeycomb operating system (Android 3.0) on the Motorola Zoom is a truly revolutionary experience. With HD video capabilities, 32GB of internal storage and more wireless options than the iPad, many experts predict this tablet to be the first to trump Apple’s reign on the tablet market.
    Until it actually does 4G, its not the first! Maybe they should say first 4G upgradable. Also I think the pricing is going to keep this from truly competing with the iPad (and could be same thing for RIM depending on where they price the Playbook). Totally agree that HP WebOS should be there instead of Samsung, especially with their own lack of confidence in the device specs/pricing, but HP's slow release probably killed that.
    03-04-11 12:49 PM
    How do you trust reviews that misspell the products? Zoom? Really?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 12:53 PM
    Looks like the OP is the one running that website, as he's linked just about every one of his posts to it. It's pretty terrible, sorry.
    03-04-11 12:56 PM
    xoom has a $539 wifi only model available so the price debate is pretty much null right now and the article states "as one of the first" so its not saying it IS the first.
    03-04-11 12:59 PM
    Looks like the OP is the one running that website, as he's linked just about every one of his posts to it. It's pretty terrible, sorry.
    Im a die hard bb fan and i have been browsing this site for 3 years and crackberry has come a long way and yes im running the site but i just update what i like and related to bb so everyone else gets to read it just like everyone else here updates from their sources. And we are only a month old and we are striving to get better and thanks for pointing out our mistakes makes us only better.
    Thank you.
    03-04-11 01:18 PM
    xoom has a $539 wifi only model available so the price debate is pretty much null right now and the article states "as one of the first" so its not saying it IS the first.

So far that's only at Sam's Club, and I don't think the price debate is null. If you have a 32 GB iPad1 at $499, a 32 GB iPad2 at $599, and 32 GB Xoom at $539 (that the SD card will work on eventually), and also some $170 to $400 cheap *** android tabs on the floor of your best buy, who's going to win more of the average Joe customers.... my guess is Apple based on name. Xoom is nothing more than a Honeycomb reference design tablet with a barometer, and will eventually have tons of other Honeycomb reference design competition, including the Galaxy Tab, and eventually some Chiwanese junk driving their pricing down.
    03-04-11 01:39 PM
    i wont deny apple winning at all. i am just saying the xoom is not overly price as we first considered.
    03-04-11 01:50 PM
    So far that's only at Sam's Club, and I don't think the price debate is null. If you have a 32 GB iPad1 at $499, a 32 GB iPad2 at $599, and 32 GB Xoom at $539 (that the SD card will work on eventually), and also some $170 to $400 cheap *** android tabs on the floor of your best buy, who's going to win more of the average Joe customers.... my guess is Apple based on name. Xoom is nothing more than a Honeycomb reference design tablet with a barometer, and will eventually have tons of other Honeycomb reference design competition, including the Galaxy Tab, and eventually some Chiwanese junk driving their pricing down.
    And where does that leave the PB in this mix.
    03-04-11 03:15 PM
    Yeah I have a feeling apple may wind up winning. I really like the HP TouchPad webos device myself but they decided to release it sometime in the summer of which I think will be way to late. To bad too it had lots of potential
    03-04-11 03:46 PM
    I love how it is top 3, yet he lists them all as..

1. Samsung
    1. PlayBook
    1. Xoom

I thought the order of numbers went, 1, 2 and 3. Did he forget how to count? lol
    03-04-11 03:51 PM
    i wont deny apple winning at all. i am just saying the xoom is not overly price as we first considered.
    in ther usa the xoom is overpriced, and let me say why

Xoom 3/4G - $799 plus taxes
    Xoom wifi - $539 plus taxes
    pricing gap (for a 3/4g radio) $260 plus taxes

in the UK

Xoom 3/4G - �600
    Xoom wifi - �500
    pricing gap - �100 - thats $160 to you.

thats a major difference in price im sure you`ll agree.

also i read a analyst report which reckoned by 2015 it`ll be android 35% and apple 35% for tablet marketshare
    03-04-11 04:51 PM
    there is a big gap i will give you that, i dont think the 539 will be standard across the board. I think that will go to $600 once other retailers get a hold of the wifi versions. I should have included the word "as" in my statement. $800 is still a ton, its just not AS overly priced as i once felt.

i saw someone talk about that article and while i can see it maybe happening i just dont think anyone can see the future that clearly in this type of market
    03-04-11 04:59 PM
    now This....is a trusted source!
    03-04-11 05:04 PM
    there is a big gap i will give you that, i dont think the 539 will be standard across the board. I think that will go to $600 once other retailers get a hold of the wifi versions. I should have included the word "as" in my statement. $800 is still a ton, its just not AS overly priced as i once felt.

i saw someone talk about that article and while i can see it maybe happening i just dont think anyone can see the future that clearly in this type of market
    i totally agree on the forward looking side of things, but then even looking one year forward is uncertain so i never hold too much to it in that respect, just found it interesing to note.

as for the price difference i think its to do with the 4G, that upgrade is costing them and personally i think it shows in the difference. here in the uk nothing is marketed as 4G even the atrix 4G is gonna be called the atrix. earlier this week all home broadband providers got told they cant advertise `up to xxmb` speeds as it isnt accurate, so 4g is a big no lol. so by moto only having to use one radio in uk models perhaps thats where the difference in price is? im simply guessing but it does make sense
    03-04-11 05:09 PM
    And where does that leave the PB in this mix.
    We'll have to see whenever RIM releases the pricing. RIM will be in the same boat with similar pricing and Apple's name recognition, but Playbook also has a greater potential for quick growth in business than Android does because of RIM's strong business footprint.
    03-04-11 05:11 PM
    yep, the LTE capability is what you are paying a premium price for on that i think. Interesting to see how much RIM sells its LTE model for that they recently have announced. It would be the first LTE device and i really want to see how battery life holds on it compaired to the non LTE versions
    03-04-11 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD