What are the top 3 things you all use your PB for? Im only 2 days into mine and so far Ive used the Bridge function mostly. Ive watched a few youtube videos but thats about it. I used my ipad for video, chatting and showing off pictures.

I cant figure out how to transfer my pictures from my bold to the pb like you can thru ios and cloud streaming

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-09-12 12:45 PM
    browsing
    gaming
    videoing

10-09-12 12:54 PM
    browsing, games, videos
    10-09-12 12:56 PM
    Only 3? Damn.

ereader
    browsing
    videos
    10-09-12 12:57 PM
    1. Serious stuff;
    2. Entertainment stuff;
    3. Everything else.

I no longer have a laptop, so I do EVERYTHING on my PlayBook now.

Besides a few things there are no apps for (like torrents and multiplatform chat) and a few other stuff existing get apps don't support (for one, csv on Sheets2Go), I am covered.
    10-09-12 12:58 PM
    1) Work tool- Bridge function... email, calendar, tasks and now SMS!!!
    2) Toy- Watch videos
    3) Keep up with the world- Browser

I use my PB everyday. If I could connect my phone calls via BT, I'm not sure I'd even pick my phone up anymore.
    10-09-12 01:06 PM
    I use mine to download all my music (free) with a free app in blackberry appworld (music download by liu xuan) works great can search for artist or albums plus much more,next favourite thing is podcast from the BBC -seconds to download hours of listening, no more buying newspapers just read them online or copy and paste favourite bits for later.video chat with the few people I know with a playbook if they haven't I use AV AOL. Watch movies hooked up to my big screen tv or download movies to watch on my playbook at work. Games gtracing stick tennis snooker etc an then there is also the option for catchup tv bbci player been my favourite tucked up in bed.I could go on.Thanks tony.
    10-09-12 01:10 PM
    Browsing, email, spreadsheet viewing.

If you have access,there are CSV apps in the BB play store. The viewing app is free but the editing app, which I have not tried, is as I remember about $1.99. If you change the .csv to .doc on a copy of the file you may be able to load it into Sheets to Go but since StG does not havd special paste functions it will be only one column.
    10-09-12 01:13 PM
    Ok thanks for the input. Im trying to justify my PB to my friend. He doesnt understand the Bridge function. Thinks its silly to use it when you can just do the same with the berry. Tried telling him yes but the Bridge and PB allow me to have a bigger screen and all the Berry functions.

kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-12 01:47 PM
    Ok thanks for the input. Im trying to justify my PB to my friend. He doesnt understand the Bridge function. Thinks its silly to use it when you can just do the same with the berry. Tried telling him yes but the Bridge and PB allow me to have a bigger screen and all the Berry functions.

As far as your friend goes this thought comes to mind:

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not, no explanation is possible.

To your intial question:

1) Things I used to do on my laptop
    2) Things my laptop couldn't do
    3) laptop??? what laptop? --- oh the device I use to sideload apps on the playbook
    Last edited by Cynycl; 10-09-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: found a use for the laptop
    10-09-12 01:53 PM
    I cant figure out how to transfer my pictures from my bold to the pb like you can thru ios and cloud streaming
    You can go to AppWorld on your Bold and also on your PB. Install "Cloud Explorer for SkyDrive" for $2 on both devices. Set up your account with SkyDrive, and boom, you've got cloud file sharing between your BB Bold and your PB.
    10-09-12 02:00 PM
    1. Work (Email, Calendar, Note taking during meetings that I attend)

2. Research (browser - google searches)

3. Entertainment (CB forums, browsing, movies, games, etc.)
    10-09-12 02:11 PM
    What are the top 3 things you all use your PB for? Im only 2 days into mine and so far Ive used the Bridge function mostly. Ive watched a few youtube videos but thats about it.

Bridge to BBM & text when I'm at work as the phone stay on the hip.
    Also when I'm away & not near a wifi to access the web.
    kindel app for all the book the wife & I have.

A most read thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    10-09-12 02:14 PM
    You can go to AppWorld on your Bold and also on your PB. Install "Cloud Explorer for SkyDrive" for $2 on both devices. Set up your account with SkyDrive, and boom, you've got cloud file sharing between your BB Bold and your PB.
    So theres no way to just use the Bridge function to wirelessly transfer pics and videos over from my Bold to the Playbook without buying an app?

10-09-12 02:14 PM
    Email (wifi and bridge);
    Document editing; and
    Newsreader (GeeReader).
    10-09-12 02:20 PM
    What are the top 3 things you all use your PB for? Im only 2 days into mine and so far Ive used the Bridge function mostly. Ive watched a few youtube videos but thats about it. I used my ipad for video, chatting and showing off pictures.

1. Streaming music using Slacker, Pandora, or Sirius..
    2. Use Box for cloud storage. I got 50 GB free storage when I signed up through PlayBook app. Works great syncing files, picts, and documents between laptop, BlackBerry, and PlayBook...
    3. Internet, reading, games, photos, video chat, the list goes on and on...
    10-09-12 02:20 PM
    So theres no way to just use the Bridge function to wirelessly transfer pics and videos over from my Bold to the Playbook without buying an app?

You should be able to "View on PlayBook" when bridged.. and then I believe you can save the picture that way. Again, try Box.. free and easy to use.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-12 02:21 PM
    1.0 Browsing
    1.5 eReader
    2.0 Work (docs and ppt)
    2.5 Video
    3.0 Games
    3.5 Music

Sorry....top 3 is impossible
    10-09-12 02:42 PM
    You can use the file Browser app or another equivalent app to copy and paste files between the phone and PlayBook. It can be a bit slow over bluetooth. I don't know if the latest wifi capabilities for Bridge include file transfers by third pary apps.

Another option is to plug both the phone and PlayBook into a PC at the same time and just copy and paste the files between the two devices.
    10-09-12 03:50 PM
    Browsing
    Email
    Entertainment
    10-09-12 03:57 PM

Yes there is...kinda, air browser is free and allows you to do this so no need to buy a app

10-09-12 06:27 PM