There's no need to do research when there is a return policy/grace period. If you can afford it, just get it and try it out. No amount of research can substitute real-world use. The only time it saves you is if the device is missing something you need in hardware, like an SD Card Slot or it has a camera that isn't up to your expectations...

When I was interested in Blackberries, I ordered and tried the Curve 3G and the Bold 9780. You cannot come to any intelligible conclusions about a product unless you've tried it.
    I agree one can only determine in the end if it's the right device by using it for a bit, given that they purchased a device that, on paper, met their needs. All I'm getting at is research can narrow down choices and eliminate devices that don't provide certain functionality that is required by the buyer. If the op had done just a little research, they would have known it did not have email, calendar and tasks. Do you think they would still have purchased it knowing that going in?

If you need a car with a hatchback, you would probably make sure it has one before buying it. If you need a tablet with email, I would make sure it has it before buying it. It's something tangible to the usefulness of a device, not something subjective like it's not fast enough or the screen isn't sharp enough. I see no difference between not having native email and not having a card slot as you mentioned. Both are things it either has or doesn't have and there is no debating that. I'm sorry, but if the OP needed email, calendar and tasks, they should have done their research and eliminated the PB from their options instead of finding out after and bashing it for not having those capabilities.
    04-26-11 06:45 PM
    Hey I took one back too, but only because I ordered two! I'm happy as a clam being on the front side of the wave.
    04-26-11 07:07 PM
    Vista was pretty much fixed after the first round of patches, and there was literally nothing at all to complain about after SP1 was released. A lot of Vista issues stemmed from people having crappy hardware or aging/failing machines as well. It was a quantum leap in system requirements from XP, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the tech press made it out to seem. Many of those journalists were as much in the tank for Linux (Year of the Linux Desktop) as people here claim they are in the tank for Apple.

I ran Vista on a machine from day one (until 7 released and I upgraded it). It was not nearly as bad as what people wrote about it.
    I ran vista 64 also; you did verify my point what I was saying that a round of patches/updates will get the playbook from good to great.
    04-26-11 07:47 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD