It sems that if I try to open a folder with more than 10 jpegs it will take 10minutes or more, sometimes It just goes back to the main screen, I cant even try to use the slideshow
    it takes way too long to open and view photos

Is this normal?
    running with V2.0 update
    thanks
    06-03-12 09:12 AM
    Have you rebooted? Are they large files? Maybe just something else that will fixed in bb10.
    06-03-12 09:16 AM
    Thats very odd I have at least a hundread pics in different formats and the folder opens in a few seconds. A reset may be the answer.
    06-03-12 09:36 AM
    The only time my PB takes more than a couple of seconds to open a folder containing any kind of file is if it's using bridge to open a folder of encrypted content stored on my phone. I don't have media encrypted, but I do have files encrypted and one of the folders has about 1000 .doc files in it. Takes a dog's age to open it. I suspect that this is because all of the files need to be decrypted in order to be displayed.

If it is the native picture app on your playbook taking that long to display photos stored on your PB then I would definitely think that it is probably a glitch.
    06-03-12 10:55 AM
    Hi
    Thanks for the response, its not opening the folder, but the actual load time of the photos. I thoight it might be the size of the jpegs, but there small, under 300kb or less
    I dont see why they wouldn't load up in a few seconds, trying to use the slideshow is useless
    thanks
    06-03-12 11:40 AM
    Try a 3 button restart.
    06-03-12 11:46 AM
    Hi
    Thanks for the response, its not opening the folder, but the actual load time of the photos. I thoight it might be the size of the jpegs, but there small, under 300kb or less
    I dont see why they wouldn't load up in a few seconds, trying to use the slideshow is useless
    thanks
    Definitely something's not right. Pre-2.0 some photo folders might take a second or so to open, definitely not individual photo loading. With 2.0 even large folders snap right open. Many posts attesting to this. As suggested above, I would try a reset, and also clear your cache just for the heck of it.

What is your memory situation? Are there any other processes/apps running in the background?

Have you done a forum search yet? If not, try that also. Good luck.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 06-03-12 at 03:54 PM.
    06-03-12 03:52 PM
    I just tried a folder with 300 plus photos, all large in size. Folder opened and displayed the pictures in two or three seconds if that.
    06-03-12 04:13 PM
    I just opened an "album" with over 1,000 photos and was easily able to scroll from one to the next and now the slideshow is running without problems. The images are easily 1,500kb or larger.
    06-03-12 04:35 PM
    Yeah there's obviously something amiss. My photos open almost instantly. Other than a reboot, I'm at a loss.
    06-03-12 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD