My friend told me as of now they aren't updating the playbook. They are working on their new line of phones. So if anything it will be when things are all released and settled down but for now nothing is coming for pb. Sad but it's the reality of things.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    At the rate BBRY works, that could be another 6-12 mos. Who's going to wait for that? They just need to say "no"and tell the truth. It is really inhumane to give false hope like that...
    07-03-13 06:32 PM
    Thanks for the info guys i'll probably wait it out until they release a new one or save my money for a Window 8 tab

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:46 PM
    I've been looking for something to be my home base. Or my main device for everything. Right now I have a Q10 but I need something bigger. I tried android tablet and didn't enjoy them. Had the nexus 7. And I had an ipad but it's a little to restricting. All I got left to try is the playbook and a windows 8 tablet. I know playbook is not getting o's 10 but it still like nice. Tell me your review? I'm getting either a 32 or 64 gb models.

Posted via CB10
    go w/ the 64gigger if you do,,, it's stil a decent device that'll do alot of things,,, don't forget hdmi - out...
    07-03-13 07:44 PM
    At the rate BBRY works, that could be another 6-12 mos. Who's going to wait for that? They just need to say "no"and tell the truth. It is really inhumane to give false hope like that...
    True . Everyone should be pissed about this including fan boys.

Creaulx likes this.
    07-03-13 07:46 PM
    Actually even the guys who work at rim/bb are pissed about the whole pb situation.

07-03-13 07:47 PM
    Battery life is great! Glad for all day, even after lots of surfing, and a full length 1080p movie watching on the PlayBook, or using hdmi to watch on large tv. It has to original "Hub" for ya. I love presentation mode! Can share to the PlayBook from the phone. The music player is outstanding! You can "Map" the drive and transfer almost any file OTA. Using the bridge, you can maintain a good Internet connection anywhere your phone has service. I love this tablet, and show it off whenever possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:03 PM
    Hi Dave, what browser did you buy? I have a 32g PlayBook and love it, had it for almost 2 years now, but having a faster browser would be great. Thanks!
    07-03-13 08:44 PM
    Hi Dave, what browser did you buy? I have a 32g PlayBook and love it, had it for almost 2 years now, but having a faster browser would be great. Thanks!
    It's called fast browser.

07-03-13 08:54 PM
    Mr Savior - Why bother post if you have nothing to say, with a name like that people would think you had an IQ...guess not...Anyway love my playbook. Have a great day
    07-03-13 09:13 PM
    Thanks, much appreciated.
    07-03-13 09:14 PM
    Is it too late? No. I just bought a 64gb model with a leather case, screen protectors original packaging and 3 unused styluses for cheap locally. Depending on what you want out of it is is still a functional device. Now my 16GB can just stay on 10.0.9.388
    rexrim likes this.
    07-04-13 02:46 AM
    Summary: If the current PB does what you want, if it has all of the app you want or need, if the price seems fair - YES.

If you expect changes and improvements of the current model - NO.

If you expect a new version - well, you are delusional. First it will not be a Playbook but something else and the price will not be competitive with the current fire sale prices. Or the Tablet with be dumb.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-04-13 08:48 AM
    Where's the best place to sell my playbook? Just bought a new android tablet after the news of no update.
    07-04-13 10:04 AM
    Where's the best place to sell my playbook? Just bought a new android tablet after the news of no update.
    Crackberry has a for-sale area. CraigsList (meet in public place). Ebay.
    07-04-13 10:33 AM
    Ok, thanks. I noticed I cant post yet. I guess I'll have to start posting more.
    07-04-13 10:41 AM
    It's called fast browser.

Dave thanks for the input on the fast browser I just purchased it and I can't believe the difference in speed. No checker board. Just made my PlayBook that much more user friendly!! Thanks again!
    07-04-13 12:59 PM
    Dave thanks for the input on the fast browser I just purchased it and I can't believe the difference in speed. No checker board. Just made my PlayBook that much more user friendly!! Thanks again!
    Worth the change

07-04-13 03:26 PM
    Ok, thanks. I noticed I cant post yet. I guess I'll have to start posting more.
    If your in new York let me know and what size?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:51 PM
    I sold mine ( 32 gig version ) for 115 $ on kijiji today. For God's sake, Blackberry gave up on it. Why are you even considering getting one ? I strongly suggest not to buy one.
    07-04-13 06:55 PM
    Battery life is great! Glad for all day, even after lots of surfing, and a full length 1080p movie watching on the PlayBook, or using hdmi to watch on large tv. It has to original "Hub" for ya. I love presentation mode! Can share to the PlayBook from the phone. The music player is outstanding! You can "Map" the drive and transfer almost any file OTA. Using the bridge, you can maintain a good Internet connection anywhere your phone has service. I love this tablet, and show it off whenever possible.

Posted via CB10
    I like everything you said. But I REALLY like your avatar.
    Attached Thumbnails Is it too late to buy a playbook?-avatar2246093_1.jpeg  
    07-04-13 07:07 PM
    Worth the change

I thought it wasn't much different except for flash and java disabled with quick toggle switches for them.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:08 AM
    I sold mine ( 32 gig version ) for 115 $ on kijiji today. For God's sake, Blackberry gave up on it. Why are you even considering getting one ? I strongly suggest not to buy one.
    Did you tell the same thing to the office who bought it from you?
    LOL.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:09 AM
    I thought it wasn't much different except for flash and java disabled with quick toggle switches for them.

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed performance improvements even with flash and java on.

07-05-13 07:08 AM
    I just bought a 64GB model for $130 MINT condition! It also came with the OEM keyboard/case!!! I lucked out big time! Will likely put my 32GB for sale soon as I don't need two. Just couldn't pass up the deal.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-05-13 07:21 AM
    I've noticed performance improvements even with flash and java on.

What about the chequered display while scrolling?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:37 AM
55 123