I've been looking for something to be my home base. Or my main device for everything. Right now I have a Q10 but I need something bigger. I tried android tablet and didn't enjoy them. Had the nexus 7. And I had an ipad but it's a little to restricting. All I got left to try is the playbook and a windows 8 tablet. I know playbook is not getting o's 10 but it still like nice. Tell me your review? I'm getting either a 32 or 64 gb models.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:04 PM
    All depends what you plan on doing with it. Personally all the games that are too large for me to play on the Z10 I use my playbook, because of the 64GB of app space is awesome. For browsing the stock browser can be a bit slow sometimes so i bought the fast browser for like $2-3 and it lets you toggle flash/javascript on and off to give you that extra browsing speed. Also I think its a great media player all its missing is app selection.
    07-03-13 03:10 PM
    check out the crackberry marketplace. you'll probably find someone trying to unload their playbook since it won't have bb10
    07-03-13 03:10 PM
    Yea playbooks will be selling for even cheaper now, since BB10 isn't coming. Although its possible that a pb OS 3.0 could come but also doubtful.
    07-03-13 03:15 PM
    I just picked up two 32 GB Playbooks, used, for $100.00 each. Theres's lots of them out there. Very happy with them for my purposes. Browsing, Email, Facebook, Ereader, Camera some weather & news apps. Not into games. Find the WiFi a little weak, but don't know how it compares to other tablets. Don't use BB Bridge, as my Z10 Hotspot works great when I'm not using the wireless LAN. Like the multitasking, it's very similar to BB10. Lots of side loadable apps available. Check out goodereader.com Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps Not all the apps work seamlessly, but they are free and simple to load.
    07-03-13 03:18 PM
    Sounds awesome. Yeah cause I have no laptop or desktop and I need something so I can watch shows, look up stuff, read books. I can do all this on the Q10 but sometimes I want that bigger screen. Does the PB have a great flash player? Main thing I need and how's the battery life on the PB?

Posted via CB10
    oracle44 likes this.
    07-03-13 03:31 PM
    I would say yes its too late. Its out of date and no longer supported.
    07-03-13 03:40 PM
    I would say yes its too late. Its out of date and no longer supported.
    They never said no longer supported.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-03-13 03:44 PM
    They never said no longer supported.

Btw I went looking into the CB market and I seen a few I wanted but it won't let me reply. Could it be since I'm on CB for Q10?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:54 PM
    Btw I went looking into the CB market and I seen a few I wanted but it won't let me reply. Could it be since I'm on CB for Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Could mean the thread is locked.

07-03-13 04:10 PM
    Was guessing that but I think the whole market is locked then.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:22 PM
    Check for pb on Amazon and ebay. Always purchase with PayPal because they can reimburse you if it's a fraud.

07-03-13 04:26 PM
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry PlayBook

Amazon is your friend.

I personally own 2 PlayBooks. I still use them daily.
    I find that the flash player works great for me. I use the www.crackle.com site all the time.
    07-03-13 04:30 PM
    If I remember, you did mention that you were aware of the PlayBook not getting the BB10 update before the announcement. Were you able to check with your source if any other update is coming on the PlayBook.

Yea playbooks will be selling for even cheaper now, since BB10 isn't coming. Although its possible that a pb OS 3.0 could come but also doubtful.
    07-03-13 04:36 PM

Amazon is your friend.

I find that the flash player works great for me. I use the www.crackle.com site all the time.
    you can also consider sideloading the android version of Crackle, it works too!
    07-03-13 04:39 PM
    Sure! If you want an out-dated paper weight....
    07-03-13 04:42 PM
    Sure! If you want an out-dated paper weight....
    Yes - that's it. I'm imagining all the things I'm using mine for. It must just be good at weighing down papers.
    07-03-13 04:44 PM
    you can also consider sideloading the android version of Crackle, it works too!
    I've done that, but was never actually able to play a single video. Everything also in the UI worked for me but if I load Crackle to play videos and it won't do it for me, then kind of useless. Might very been an old build though. I should try to find a new one and try again.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    07-03-13 04:45 PM
    Sounds awesome. Yeah cause I have no laptop or desktop and I need something so I can watch shows, look up stuff, read books. I can do all this on the Q10 but sometimes I want that bigger screen. Does the PB have a great flash player? Main thing I need and how's the battery life on the PB?

Posted via CB10

Man, just save yourself the trouble and get a windows 8 tab.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:49 PM
    If I remember, you did mention that you were aware of the PlayBook not getting the BB10 update before the announcement. Were you able to check with your source if any other update is coming on the PlayBook.
    My friend told me as of now they aren't updating the playbook. They are working on their new line of phones. So if anything it will be when things are all released and settled down but for now nothing is coming for pb. Sad but it's the reality of things.

ukmight likes this.
    07-03-13 04:51 PM
    My friend told me as of now they aren't updating the playbook. They are working on their new line of phones. So if anything it will be when things are all released and settled down but for now nothing is coming for pb. Sad but it's the reality of things.

Thanks for information.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-03-13 04:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Base on what you describe playbook is perfect for those. However without a laptop and desktop you will not be able to transfer movies or books. There's no Netflix and you have to side load kindle on a playbook.
    07-03-13 05:35 PM
    Do they still sell them? Yes
    Would it be a waste of money? At this point yes.
    07-03-13 06:01 PM
    I've been looking for something to be my home base. Or my main device for everything. Right now I have a Q10 but I need something bigger. I tried android tablet and didn't enjoy them. Had the nexus 7. And I had an ipad but it's a little to restricting. All I got left to try is the playbook and a windows 8 tablet. I know playbook is not getting o's 10 but it still like nice. Tell me your review? I'm getting either a 32 or 64 gb models.

Posted via CB10
    If I were you I would look at just getting a small monitor and a hdmi cable and use the q10 and monitor as your main system
    07-03-13 06:04 PM

Amazon is your friend.

Because of the flash support, you usually don't need an app. I just use the crackle website, too. No app. Just doesn't work at netflix and my cable site because Silverlight is not supported. Otherwise, it is pretty much a desktop browsing experience. For me anyhow.

I have trouble with some sites with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on my Nexus 7. So I use the PB for browsing.
    07-03-13 06:25 PM
55 123