amazon were selling the 64gb playbook for around 112 at the end of last week.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Let me know when they reach 10 or better still 4. 2 or 1 would be too cheap but keep me informed!
    08-18-13 11:40 AM
    The a2109 has worse display but It has GPS, hdmi output and microsd slot. Moreover, you'll probably lose the instant replacement if you buy anything more expensive than 150 pounds.
    Is OTG enabled as it is on the Nexus 7 using the Media Importer App. And why wont BB enable it on PB? Must be something to do with security.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-18-13 01:11 PM
    All this chatter about "value" when OP stated, "...informed that I am entitled to an instant replacement and as they no longer sell playbooks it will be something of similar spec. "

"spec" not value ! so $-value chatter is moot.

So research now to find the replacement for your PB spec, in some other manufacturers' costume, and request it from the supplier (with no backtalk from them) !

eh !?

nite !
    08-19-13 11:27 PM
    I think you'll find that retailers determine spec. by value.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-13 04:41 AM
    I think you'll find that retailers determine spec. by value.
    And it is very clear what the PB's spec value is. Just check you local online classifieds.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-13 11:34 AM
    And it is very clear what the PB's spec value is. Just check you local online classifieds.
    Ok just did that. Can't find it what now?
    08-20-13 12:55 PM
    Ok just did that. Can't find it what now?
    We'll apparently they are now a collectors item and you will have to wait for an auction.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-13 01:00 PM
    We'll apparently they are now a collectors item and you will have to wait for an auction.
    I know I'll buy a Google thingy whatever it is and then try to get it to get it to run bb10 apps. Mmmmmmmmmmm I'm on a winner here!
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-13 01:39 PM
    I know I'll buy a Google thingy whatever it is and then try to get it to get it to run bb10 apps. Mmmmmmmmmmm I'm on a winner here!
    Funny thing, I had the same dream
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-13 01:50 PM
    Funny thing, I had the same dream
    Well you lot spend enough time in bed! I'm surprised you've not dreamt up time travel by now?
    08-20-13 01:52 PM
    but what is your opinion about buying Ipad 3 ,due to its bigger screen and good pixel density for movies and games,just Ipad mini seems too small sometimes
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 02:00 PM
    but what is your opinion about buying Ipad 3 ,due to its bigger screen and good pixel density for movies and games,just Ipad mini seems too small sometimes
    I cannot answer that honestly because "I hate apple with a passion". Not their products by the way but their business ethos is very similar to the mentality of several famous people in history in the fact that they all wanted "world domination" in one way or another.

I have pb's, my wife has pb's, my youngest son has Samsung Galaxy 10.1 which he loves and which I hate with a passion (the product), my eldest has the same Samsung tab which he loves but since our move to this heathen land he has just bought an iPad retina (whatever that is) which he loves to bits.

It's all about personal preferences which is how it should be. Only you can decide that but I doubt that, in fact I know that Currys are not going to replace a �129 pb with an iPad without some cash as well. It's not hard to work out what will be offered in exchange? Go to their website and look at all tablets between �98 to �140. That's what they will offer free!

I would personally contact bb direct and sort it out with them unless I actually wanted something different?
    08-21-13 07:14 AM
    I cannot answer that honestly because "I hate apple with a passion". Not their products by the way but their business ethos.......

I would personally contact bb direct and sort it out with them unless I actually wanted something different?
    You want an ethical manufacturer, so why buy Blackberry products? Just askin.

Last time a playbook of ours in UK died, RIM (as was) merely authorised us to use our UK warranty with the online retailer under UK sale of goods act. We finished up accepting 70% refund (which is legal under that act) and then after another month had to get the money under consumer credit act from the credit card bank. RIM wriggled out of the deal totally.
    08-21-13 11:48 AM
    You want an ethical manufacturer, so why buy Blackberry products? Just askin.

Last time a playbook of ours in UK died, RIM (as was) merely authorised us to use our UK warranty with the online retailer under UK sale of goods act. We finished up accepting 70% refund (which is legal under that act) and then after another month had to get the money under consumer credit act from the credit card bank. RIM wriggled out of the deal totally.
    Strange that because a friend of mine just got his pb picked up by RIM and replaced under warranty all within 10 days?

Oh within the UK purchased from curry's under the 129 deal they did.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:55 AM
    Strange that because a friend of mine just got his pb picked up by RIM and replaced under warranty all within 10 days?

Oh within the UK purchased from curry's under the 129 deal they did.

Posted via CB10
    Not that old scam! There's a guy going round pretending to be from RIM collecting junk. He has 43 Playbooks already.
    Angus_CB likes this.
    08-22-13 02:52 AM
    Get an iPad mini... Yeah, it's more expensive, but it has the best build quality on the market, and the best customer service.

The best part? You'll have access to hundreds of thousands of quality apps that have no equivalent on a Nexus7 or any other Android tablet.

I used to have a 7 inch Android tab, and never used it much. When I got an iPad, I realized why I didn't use it much, and what I had missed out on...
    yeahhhhhh.... not really.
    08-23-13 09:05 AM
    yeahhhhhh.... not really.
    That was a great article! Too bad someone from BB couldn't actually read this kind of stuff and..... Sigh..... Might as well be taking to a Basset Hound. At least he would listen, for a while.
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-23-13 09:57 AM
42 12