this morning, i turned on BT on the PB, connected bridge to my 9900 and started viewing emails on my PB bridged from the 9900. Pretty standard stuff. Then i notice that my mouse movements from the 9900 were not showing on the PB - no mouse pointer showed up or moved on the PB. So I started doing some touch-screen gestures to see if that would wake up the PB - started using the edge-motion gestures etc.

To my surprise, i started noticing strange mouse movements and right-click menus popping up on.....my win7 64 Display?! Totally random right? they werent fluid mouse movements, more like delayed, slow motion movements. whenever i did a edge-motion gesture, a right-click mouse menu would open on the win7 machine!

Perhaps worthy of note that:
    a) i have my 9900 is paired with my Win7 machine (though i can't get it to sync via BT - save that for another time)
    b) desktop manager was NOT running on the win7 machine
    c) no RDP sessions were running on the PB or anything like that.

So i disconnected the remote controll, reconnected it and everything was back to normal...
    At the very least, wouldn't this suggest a security flaw/vulnerablilty? What does the crackberry community make of this??
    06-13-12 01:13 AM
    You might want to remove/disable the bluetooth profile of your 9900 on your pc?
    06-13-12 01:54 AM
    Does your windows computer have blue tooth? If not than -'m completely puzzled. If so, still strange that swiping generates bleutooth communication. I'm not sure how that could result in a security flaw as the communication seems oneway from pb to pc. Interesting nevertheless.
    06-13-12 05:14 AM
    Well I don't think that constitutes a security flaw or security vulnerability. It's technology and it doesn't work perfect all the time.
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-13-12 05:15 AM
    You have the BB and the Win 7 box paired. The remote control on the BB is just a standard BT connected Human Interface Device (HID) (like a BT Keyboard and mouse combo) as far as Windows is concerned. Occasionally Windows will be the stronger signal and the BT connection will establish between Win and BB.

You can stop this by changing the the Win 7 BT profile on your phone. Change the Trusted option to Prompt or No. If you set it to No, it will never connect unless you change it to something else. If you set it to Prompt, you may get tired of the prompts every time they get near each other.

Or, just connect the BB and PB further away from the computer. Once they are connected with each other, the computer won't try to take the connection.
    06-13-12 06:51 AM
    You.connected via bluetooth to your laptop. That's all.
    06-13-12 08:35 AM
    The bt/remote function works on other devices just like a bt mouse would. It is documented and discussed in a few threads.
    06-13-12 09:58 AM
    Oh thank God. I was worried for a second I was about to read another post about a possessed BlackBerry Just before I went to bed. Hahaha

Don't worry dude, what you have done is accidentally discovered an awesome feature of bridge on the BB
    06-13-12 12:41 PM
    Bridge remote control can be paired as a mouse and keyboard to many devices, like my ps3, win7 pc, and my gfs galaxy nexus LOL. Of course the PB too...
    06-13-12 02:53 PM
    You have the BB and the Win 7 box paired. The remote control on the BB is just a standard BT connected Human Interface Device (HID) (like a BT Keyboard and mouse combo) as far as Windows is concerned. Occasionally Windows will be the stronger signal and the BT connection will establish between Win and BB.

You can stop this by changing the the Win 7 BT profile on your phone. Change the Trusted option to Prompt or No. If you set it to No, it will never connect unless you change it to something else. If you set it to Prompt, you may get tired of the prompts every time they get near each other.

Or, just connect the BB and PB further away from the computer. Once they are connected with each other, the computer won't try to take the connection.
    That's sensible advice.
    06-13-12 03:04 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the suggestions and am glad that it is nothing to worry about.

One thing i have not been able to solve that perhaps someone can help with is that since upgrading DM to 6.1.038 (i'm now on v 7) i have not been able to sync my Bold to DM via bluetooth. Prior to DM 6.1.038 i WAS syncing successfully via BT. Now, all i get is my bold pairs with my Win7 machine no problem....that connection however does not show up in DM and it never sees the BT connection with my phone.

STEPS I HAVE COMPLETED:
    1. i have deleted BT profile on phone/win7 and re-paired the device with the computer
    2. deleted and reinstalled BT dongle drivers on Win7 machine
    3. downgraded DM to 6.1.034
    4. upgraded Bold 9900 os to 7.1.428

Kinda at my whit's end here.... nothing i try works and i know the syncing has worked before with this phone and that my BT IS working...
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    06-14-12 10:03 AM
    I've never been able to get DM to sync via BT. I just keep the USB wire handy. Sorry, I wish I had the magic answer. It may have to do with the BlueTooth stack on the computer. The capabilities are dependent on the BT hardware/software provider. I find many BT implementations on notebooks stink. And the cheap-o USB BT adapters suck to.

The best one I ever saw was on my first IBM ThinkPad (before Lenovo). That BT actually worked.
    06-14-12 10:22 AM
    I've never been able to get DM to sync via BT. I just keep the USB wire handy. Sorry, I wish I had the magic answer. It may have to do with the BlueTooth stack on the computer. The capabilities are dependent on the BT hardware/software provider. I find many BT implementations on notebooks stink. And the cheap-o USB BT adapters suck to.

Ya im starting to feel the same way whats frustrating is that it worked a few months ago on this device with this machine...

i may invest in a new bt dongle to test. but for now its usb for me too!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 11:53 AM
    it's demons man :P hehehe kiddin
    06-14-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD