This has nothing to do with traveling and moving from time zone to tome zone....

Running OS 2.0
    Using Office365 with Exchange Online
    Using BlackBerry Business Cloud Services to sync Bold 9900
    2 users in my organization. Me and my business partner. He has exact same hardware/software.

Seems that any calendar events created on any device/client other than the PB show up on the PB calendar app in the correct time slot but with the time zone attribute for the event set to Rejkavik. I live and work exclusively in Mountain Time. All my devices and clients are all set to MST. If I just leave the events alone they seem to be fine. If I open one and modify any attributes they then save to the MST equivalent of getting Rejkavik time. This is really causing some major problems. Anyone else have similar issues or can suggest things I should take a look at?
    02-24-12 09:04 PM
    I am seeing this problem too. Entries made on the Playbook seem to show the right time zone but if it syncs with my google calendar, it is also showing Rejkavik time.

Also strange that the appts are slotted in the correct time of day but if you open up the appt, the times are way off since it is set to Rejkavik.

Anybody else seeing this?
    Tcarb likes this.
    03-08-12 04:48 PM
    I am surprised nobody else is having this issue. Its a major problem if you actually need your PB to be productive.

Any suggestions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 08:06 PM
    Has anybody come up with a fix for this?Pretty much renders the PB calendar useless for syncing with a real world calendar.

03-25-12 10:43 AM
    I am having simlar issues. We have a corporate Exchange server and are located in the Mountain Time Zone (MST -7). When I receive calendar appointment requests, the invitation changes the date to Chihuahua NEW -7. All of my requests show up occurring 4 hours earlier than they are intended. If I accept on my Android phone, they come in okay on the PlayBook calendar. If I accept on the PlayBook, they come in wrong.

The problem is I can't tell on my Android phone all of the time. Some invitations do not show the date and time on my Galaxy S phone. That isn't a problem with the PlayBook but RIM needs to get the time zone issue fixed STAT!
    04-02-12 01:50 PM
    I am seeing this problem too. Entries made on the Playbook seem to show the right time zone but if it syncs with my google calendar, it is also showing Rejkavik time.

Also strange that the appts are slotted in the correct time of day but if you open up the appt, the times are way off since it is set to Rejkavik.

Anybody else seeing this?
    i am also having a time zone issue. ever since the time change to go an hour ahead here in canada my calendar on my android phone (which is synched to my gmail account which s in turn connected to my playbook
    ) has been messed up with dates being 1 hr ahead if i set my time zone to minus 5 eastern standard time (which is what it should be), instead of the minus 4 eastern the phone thinks it is in by default...
    04-02-12 02:06 PM
    not just a pb problem, since I have both. it seems that the time change has caused some kind of bug within the google system, when syncing - my experience anyways
    04-02-12 02:11 PM
    I just checked my google accts and shows the wrong time zone - changed it - will see if it sticks
    04-02-12 02:20 PM
    Further testing seems to have narrowed this down to appointments that are exchanged with an account that is running Exchange Server 2007. So if I create the appt. on the Exchange 2007 server and send it to my Exchange Online account, it comes through screwed up. If I create it on my Exchange Online account and invite the Exchange 2007 account to the meeting, as soon as it is accepted and the acceptance is sent from the Exchange 2007 server to the Exchange Online server, the time zone gets changed. Seems to be an issue with this one particular exchange server and not my PB.
    04-02-12 11:41 PM
    I have since disabled my google calendar on my PB since it was screwing up my calendar on my BB every time it would sync. So much for a business tool.

04-03-12 01:18 AM
    my particular issue seems to be narrowed down to there nolonger being a -5 hrs est us and canada time zone option in the date and time settings for my android phone... Quite weird imo.
    04-03-12 01:38 AM
    First off you can't sync more than one google calendar besides the one associated with your account. So I found a work around to add a shared calendar which most people would have either for work or play. That was the calendar that was messing up my synced appts.

So essentially now the calendar feature on my PB is useless. I just stick with my 9900 calendar and google sync.

Hopefully RIM will address this issue in an OS update.

04-03-12 10:02 PM
    I noticed this a couple of weeks ago and had to change a few appointments. I sync with google. It seemed to have happened out of the blue but has not happened since.
    04-04-12 04:54 PM
    I have same issue when using office 365. Enter calendar on PB no problem. Enter on MS outlook no problem. Enter on iPad in 365, problem. Enter on Win 7.5 Phone, problem. As far as I can tell it is an issue between MS and RIM. When I enter on iPad2 and open in MS outlook, no problem. Open in PB, problem. Google Calendar entry from android device no problem when opening on PB. Humph! Hope there is a work around soon. Can't have clients getting invites for wee hours of the night
    04-12-12 05:18 PM
    I was able to narrow my issue down to Exchange Server 2007. The error seemed to only happen, and was readily reproduceable, when I invited my "Exchange-2007-self" to an appt. What I mean by that is I am running Office 365 on my personal BB and PB. My work BB is on Exchange 2007. To keep my 2 calendars in-sync, I was inviting the Exchange 2007 account to all appts made on my Office 365 devices and vice-versa. As soon as the Exchange 2007 device accepts and the acceptance is sent to the Office 365 device, it changes the time zone and shifts the appt. This only happened with one particular Exchange 2007 server to my knowledge. I wasn't able to test others as everyone else that I interact with regularly seems to be on Exchange 2010 or other service.
    MrBugMan likes this.
    04-12-12 07:41 PM
    I added my google calendar back on the playbook again after the second 2.0 update. Still having issues with the time zones. This is a shared calendar that I added using the workaround found on the web.

04-21-12 05:11 PM
    I am also now seeing this on calendar events that my wife creates on her own Exchange Online calendar, which I view on my PlayBook. When they appear on my PB calendar the time zone is changed to GMT.
    05-09-12 04:57 PM
    This is not a PlayBook issue but a Microsoft issue. MS has a service tag on this. The more who contact MS on this the sooner they will fix it.
    05-09-12 09:08 PM
    When I receive a Outlook.com msg on my iPhone I just click the date/time to add as a calendar event. When it syncs to my PB it is on Pacific time and I 'm on Eastern time.
    Last edited by deltadiva2; 08-04-12 at 12:08 PM. Reason: changed notification
    08-04-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD