lets post about how handy and versatile the playbook is. i love my little playbook.
    axllebeer, amrovi2014 and tg1 like this.
    03-08-13 07:55 PM
    lets post about how handy and versatile the playbook is. i love my little playbook.
    Love mine too! Very durable and the best value for money --> unbeatable!
    03-08-13 07:59 PM
    I'm on it more than my phone tv and bathroom combined
    03-08-13 08:01 PM
    I use my playbook while in the bathroom. Nothing better than making a face book post while pooping
    amrovi2014 likes this.
    03-08-13 09:00 PM
    LOL... yeah I quicker take my PB in the bathroom too...Z10 is not allowed anywhere near water yet!
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    03-08-13 09:37 PM
    I was just thinking as I was catching up on my email on the back porch, evicted, as usual, since I haven't quit smoking, much to the disdain of my wife, just how much I love my Bold 9900, and how much more wonderful it is when it's attached to my PlayBook.

It's a true shame how much bad press this device has drawn...a lot of it, in my opinion, driven by an effort to bad mouth the PlayBook and BlackBerry more than the other pundits in an attempt to be cool. I've really never understood why 'app counts' are what makes a tablet better than another...someone else here pointed out that HTML5 is a game-changer that dispose of the need for apps..but for my use, having a browser that is as good as any desktop/laptop browser gives me the same access I need and use (and honestly...for our bigger machines, do we really need apps to use them well?).

So bring on BB10...once the PlayBook gets this upgrade, it may well be the thing which alters BlackBerry's fate for the better, and lifts the Z10 to new heights.
    tg1, amrovi2014 and sad_old_man like this.
    03-08-13 10:02 PM
    Because of my PlayBook, I don't even bring a computer on my travels anymore. I love my PB. But I am looking forward to the BB10 platform upgrade if that is such a thing.

Posted via CB10
    amrovi2014 and sad_old_man like this.
    03-08-13 10:07 PM
    I love my PlayBook and I wish I could combined it with my Ipad mini and have one monster of a tablet.
    03-09-13 04:51 AM
    I was just thinking as I was catching up on my email on the back porch, evicted, as usual, since I haven't quit smoking, much to the disdain of my wife, just how much I love my Bold 9900, and how much more wonderful it is when it's attached to my PlayBook.

It's a true shame how much bad press this device has drawn...a lot of it, in my opinion, driven by an effort to bad mouth the PlayBook and BlackBerry more than the other pundits in an attempt to be cool. I've really never understood why 'app counts' are what makes a tablet better than another...someone else here pointed out that HTML5 is a game-changer that dispose of the need for apps..but for my use, having a browser that is as good as any desktop/laptop browser gives me the same access I need and use (and honestly...for our bigger machines, do we really need apps to use them well?).

So bring on BB10...once the PlayBook gets this upgrade, it may well be the thing which alters BlackBerry's fate for the better, and lifts the Z10 to new heights.
    The combination of the BB phone and pb when bridged was simply awesome and the one feature that made it different than other tablets. The one feature RIM should have hammered in the market place which could have resulted in more sales of mobiles and pb's. They have now taken that away and I must admit that I am constantly reminded of that every time I have to pull out my Z10 to read and respond to a text message instead of just dealing with it from my pb while I continue to work on it at the same time.

Ah well, all good things come to an end sadly.
    Chaddface, tg1, amrovi2014 and 1 others like this.
    03-09-13 06:50 AM
    Tablet is with me all the time, miss my BB and PB combo.but the PlayBook is still great.
    tg1 and amrovi2014 like this.
    03-09-13 08:50 AM
    Tablet is with me all the time, miss my BB and PB combo.but the PlayBook is still great.
    I wonder what a Z10 would be like. Bridged fully with the pb. The mere thought of it makes me reach for the brandy.
    amrovi2014 likes this.
    03-09-13 08:57 AM
    I wonder what a Z10 would be like. Bridged fully with the pb. The mere thought of it makes me reach for the brandy.
    buy the time I'm ready to update or change carriers, I hope they have fixed the issue with the bridge. but till then where's the Brandy!
    03-09-13 09:01 AM
    I am on my pb constantly that I don't use my desktop pc anymore. The value of the playbook is unbeatable! I was able to show family, friends, and co-workers the awesomeness of the tablet that many bought their own pbs and now we video chat a lot. They are all happy they "found " the playbook. Super Great Tablet!!!!!!!!
    taz323 and sad_old_man like this.
    03-09-13 09:24 AM
    Because of my PlayBook, I don't even bring a computer on my travels anymore. I love my PB. But I am looking forward to the BB10 platform upgrade if that is such a thing.
    Posted via CB10
    My wife and I got our PlayBooks on first day of release (actually, I got hers as something of a gift, since she's not as big a fan of BlackBerry, first, and didn't have any input into my decision to buy two). As such, our first vacation shortly thereafter (to San Francisco) was accompanied solely by our PlayBooks, and we could do everything we needed to do (recording videos, pictures, getting directions, listening to the radio, or just browsing the web...and this was with PB OS 1.0, don't forget) that neither of us missed our laptops. We even encountered a BlackBerry fan in the Japanese Garden in Golden Gate Park, who asked "Is that the new PlayBook?".

Well, we all know how all this turned out. I've seen one other PlayBook in the wild, at an airport. As I couldn't contain myself, I gushed over how wonderful it was to see someone else with one, but she didn't seem as enamoured as I was...possibly obliged by her company to use one? I don't know. So, as I've mentioned elsewhere, my PlayBook has come to the rescue when I find myself needing to attend to something at work (although for heavy-lifting I'll admit to wanting my laptop) but because my PlayBook goes everywhere with me, I'm always prepared under the most demanding of circumstances.
    Last edited by CBCListener; 03-09-13 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Spelling, spelling, and proofread fail.
    tg1 likes this.
    03-09-13 09:50 AM
    buy the time I'm ready to update or change carriers, I hope they have fixed the issue with the bridge. but till then where's the Brandy!
    What a combination that would be!
    03-09-13 10:28 AM
    My Playbook has been such a trooper. It works side-by-side with my laptop and desktop, playing music, wirelessly streaming video to my android HTPC downstairs via XMBC and keeps me thoroughly entertained. It's like a little sidekick that helps me while I work and when I'm not working, it's just lots of fun.

Oh, and I highly recommend 'Word Hero' if you want a free game that is horribly, HORRIBLY addictive!
    03-09-13 06:21 PM
    The PlayBook was really the device that pulled me into the BB ecosystem. It's an excellent device, especially when paired with a 9900.

I really hope we see further development. If BB built a 10" PB with the same pixel density as the Z10 I'd stand in line for it.

Posted via CB10
    taz323 and pronomad like this.
    03-09-13 06:39 PM
    The PlayBook was really the device that pulled me into the BB ecosystem. It's an excellent device, especially when paired with a 9900.

I really hope we see further development. If BB built a 10" PB with the same pixel density as the Z10 I'd stand in line for it.

Posted via CB10
    and I would be standing there with you, I've always like the 7 inch, so easy to carry around, but an updated 10 inch PB.
    I'm so there.
    03-09-13 08:41 PM
    I just wish it had an App that I might use.
    03-09-13 09:27 PM
    and I would be standing there with you, I've always like the 7 inch, so easy to carry around, but an updated 10 inch PB.
    I'm so there.
    I'm using my PB less often now that I have a Z10. It's honestly that good that it's replaced a good 85% of what I was using the PlayBook for. I do like the PlayBook for reading, though, and I would want a 10" screen for magazines if nothing else.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    03-09-13 09:29 PM
    good replies everyone
    03-09-13 09:42 PM
    I'm on it more than my phone tv and bathroom combined
    I once was literally "on" my bathroom with mine a few times shooting video of the progress I had made reroofing our house
    03-10-13 12:34 AM
    Lol from the title I thought you were going WP. If you have seen the commercials you will know what I mean..
    03-10-13 12:40 AM
    Lol from the title I thought you were going WP. If you have seen the commercials you will know what I mean..
    Thats funny because i just left windows 8, for iMac.
    03-10-13 12:40 PM