Careful your on my territory. The best 'modern' OS from Nokia was on the N95. I have the N95, N8 and the N100, which given my background you would expect. I could go into greater detail but after S6 Nokia went rapidly down hill. The knee **** reaction was Anna and Belle. Mmmmm where have I seen that before, Oh I know RIM.

At least at Nokia they made a decision to forget any in house developed OS, and therefore the new Nokias now sport Windows 7 & 8!

Is the decision correct or not? Thats for Nokia users and technical review sites to decide (said tongue in cheek) but right or wrong at least someone made a decision!
    Well I had my Nokia N8 from quite early on in it's life. PR1.1 was a OK, PR1.2 seemed to make quite a difference, and I have to say, running Anna and maps 3.06, the N8 is still a great weapon of choice - especially for things like sat nav, camera, DAB, to a certain degree portable video. Maps on Symbian was ruined after 3.06, and Belle was really a backward step compared with Anna.

I've still got a 5230, somewhere, had an E72, and my brother had several of the pre N8 smartphones, and he ran an N8 for a while too.

Generally, pretty good spec hardware, let down by software... <whistles> not that I'm saying owt, like...

I still love my N8, even now - probably the device I've got most varied use out of, and still makes itself useful. I only upgraded software on merit, and to my mind, the N8 reached it's zenith with Anna. My other N8 runs Belle, and I've tried to like it, but it's all form over function - but they've kind of robbed some of the function, too - was that paying Peter to pay Paul - dunno - maybe you do, but both the OS and maps is less feature rich, but looks swishier, so kept the fanboys happy, but those who actually used their N8s, tended to feel awfully robbed with Belle - perhaps most importantly, because it was a one-shot deal, and there was no supported (perhaps safe, really) way of going back.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-07-13 12:27 PM
    Things you can do WITH this tab, TO this tab....... And just when BB10 is round the corner !!!
    03-07-13 12:40 PM
    I'd like to think that the BB10 Browser does have proper bookmark management, but I don't have a Z10 to try it.

I do occasionally browse the CB BB10 forums, and one of the things that most people there seem to agree on is the excellence of the browser (and the glass keyboard). I guess if the "excellent browser" didn't have the ability to edit and sort bookmarks someone would have mentioned it by now?

Though I may have missed where someone posted whether it does/doesn't as I don't linger in the BB10 forums. It can be a bit of a warzone between the zealots on both sides and my non-combatant status means I don't have much reason to stay there long. However, I'll admit to a nostalgic chuckle when I recently read a series of posts over there on why Apps are/aren't important given the browser... it was PB forums deja vu, all over again LOL

Perhaps we'll even see the BB10 browser on our PBs one day...? who knows.
    03-07-13 12:47 PM
    Dear Deanbroad2002,
    Your mediocre argument deserves for you a mediocre tablet; hope you find it soon. Goodbye and good riddance.
    03-07-13 02:06 PM
    Personally, I use my PB everyday. It has changed my browsing habits for a start, I prefer to sit in the comfort of my sofa, or lie propped up in bed, to do my browsing, make online purchases, check emails or read ebooks and magazines. And I will continue to do so whether or not I get the overhyped BB10 os or not. Anyone who waves their PB goodbye for the reasons given by the OP needs their head examined. The PB is probably (in my opinion) the best realised tablet on the market.
    Utkarsh likes this.
    03-07-13 04:36 PM
    I just gave up my PlayBook after getting my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:39 PM
    Whatever
    My friend i was complementing you on your reply.
    03-07-13 05:45 PM
    Careful your on my territory. The best 'modern' OS from Nokia was on the N95. I have the N95, N8 and the N100, which given my background you would expect. I could go into greater detail but after S6 Nokia went rapidly down hill. The knee **** reaction was Anna and Belle. Mmmmm where have I seen that before, Oh I know RIM.
    I've been a Symbian user since forever and yes, I love Belle The UI anyway, the removal of features and general Qt-related bugginess is annoying.

Maybe the best Symbian version was on the N95. It took Nokia forever to adapt it for touchscreens and they came out with the disastrous S60 5.0, then took even longer to fix that with Symbian^3. By that time most people had moved on to Android or Apple stuff. Nokia's fate could have been different if it had executed strategies faster without sitting around letting internal rivalries tear the company apart.

I can't help thinking Blackberry went down the same road but it took them even longer to realize they were in trouble. BB7 wasn't very stable or touch optimized and it took forever to come out, and it took even longer for BB10 to finally hit the market.

Big companies get drunk on success and think they're untouchable. As long as profits roll in and they're the darlings of Wall Street, they think they can keep nickel-and-diming customers instead of making genuinely innovative products.
    03-07-13 05:45 PM
    After reading most of the post in this thread:

Ok, he's tired of waiting. That is his choice and we must accept this. If he's making a mistake, it is his and his alone to make.

Do we all want him to be patient a little more and wait for the PB10 OS to come, of course we do. But for whatever the reasons for him, he's done.

Has BBRY & Thor repeatedly said that PB WiFi & LTE will get OS10, YES! When, whenever they officially announce it! For now the rumor, sadly, is in the Fall of 2013.

DONE! Move on and let's make constructive comments and debates instead of bashing!

BTW, bashing other platforms is not going to change people's mind when the patience & beliefs levels are completely at there end. It's funny that we hunt down and kill the TROLLS when they come and stick it to us here on CB and we despise their behaviors and comments, why do we do it here to our fellow CB members that share their dissatisfaction with BB service and products.

Clearly he wants to go, no problem! Sad to see you go and sad that you are so frustrated too.

IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THAT'S WHAT IT IS. Let it be!

Hopefully he keeps his BB PB and when the update comes, he'll be happy.

Cheers!
    FF22 and Utkarsh like this.
    03-07-13 06:49 PM
    Do we all want him to be patient a little more and wait for the PB10 OS to come, of course we do.
    No, I wouldn't say WE all want that. I want him to get rid of his PB and buy something that will make him regret this decision.

03-07-13 07:12 PM
    Besides for Ipads how many tablet manufatures support their tablets for as long and as well as BB has done with the PB?

Not a lot!
    By agreement, Android only has to support a product for 18 months. Not sure if that is even enforceable as it seems many don't get that much, if any, follow up support.

Apple dropped the iPad 1 from iOS updates after 2.5 years. 1.5 years after it was discontinued.
    03-07-13 07:20 PM
    Mine don't. Even if they did, I wouldn't want the doubles.
    It's not really doubles. One copy is on my PB and it displays the other copy from my BB. I rarely use the bridge email app since native came along. It's also really handy if for whatever reason I may be away from my BB. Much better app functionality too.
    03-07-13 07:23 PM
    Everyone has the right to vent-I guess. Enjoy your new endeavors.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-07-13 07:37 PM
    Has the OP left yet?
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-07-13 07:44 PM
    For those speaking of the bookmarking management on the blackberry z10,its quite great

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:13 PM
    Has the OP left yet?
    Gotta give the guy credit. The OP in this thread was his last post...

(so far)
    03-07-13 08:23 PM
    I think Playbook is great. I work all day on playbook, Why you say goodbye?
    03-07-13 08:31 PM
    For those speaking of the bookmarking management on the blackberry z10,its quite great

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that info. In the bb10 Browser, can you search/find a word or term on a webpage?
    03-07-13 09:14 PM
    Thanks for that info. In the bb10 Browser, can you search/find a word or term on a webpage?
    I never even thought of this,but yes you can,lol thanks for asking.
    Time to say goodbye-img_00000068.png

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-07-13 09:46 PM
    I never even thought of this,but yes you can,lol thanks for asking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000068.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	139720

Posted via CB10
    Aha. That is a feature that is still missing in the pb's Browser. You canNOT search.
    03-07-13 11:16 PM
    Aha. That is a feature that is still missing in the pb's Browser. You canNOT search.
    Im patient,it surely will come with bb10

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:29 PM
    I enjoy my PB. Not getting rid of it anytime soon. I have thought about getting a bigger Tablet but I have a laptop, so a waste of money for me. Between my Z10, PB and laptop, I'm covered.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:33 PM
    Lol your PlayBook is going to get BlackBerry 10.

So you should be happy it's "BlackBerry 10 this, BlackBerry 10 that." unless you're tremendously near sighted.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:46 PM
    Well I had my Nokia N8 from quite early on in it's life. PR1.1 was a OK, PR1.2 seemed to make quite a difference, and I have to say, running Anna and maps 3.06, the N8 is still a great weapon of choice - especially for things like sat nav, camera, DAB, to a certain degree portable video. Maps on Symbian was ruined after 3.06, and Belle was really a backward step compared with Anna.

I've still got a 5230, somewhere, had an E72, and my brother had several of the pre N8 smartphones, and he ran an N8 for a while too.

Generally, pretty good spec hardware, let down by software... <whistles> not that I'm saying owt, like...

I still love my N8, even now - probably the device I've got most varied use out of, and still makes itself useful. I only upgraded software on merit, and to my mind, the N8 reached it's zenith with Anna. My other N8 runs Belle, and I've tried to like it, but it's all form over function - but they've kind of robbed some of the function, too - was that paying Peter to pay Paul - dunno - maybe you do, but both the OS and maps is less feature rich, but looks swishier, so kept the fanboys happy, but those who actually used their N8s, tended to feel awfully robbed with Belle - perhaps most importantly, because it was a one-shot deal, and there was no supported (perhaps safe, really) way of going back.
    If you ever have an insane moment in your life you can borrow my developer N900 with, wait for it! Maemo 5 OS loaded on it. It's complete with all diagnostic software and a few other bits an pieces of software not on general release to the public but accept the offer at your own personal risk. I accept no responsibility for your personal safety or the safety of the surrounding environment when you use it.
    03-08-13 08:40 AM
    I really enjoyed your reply. "Iota and nanosecond" had me smiling from ear to ear. I hope some people get my humor. It can be strange at times. HAHAHA
    Why on earth do you think, for one iota of a nanosecond, that we care. Sorry, but, I wouldn't have missed you or known you were gone.

The Nexus 7 battery is lousy BTW.

Bye.
    03-08-13 08:49 AM
186 ... 5678