I really enjoyed your reply. "Iota and nanosecond" had me smiling from ear to ear. I hope some people get my humor. It can be strange at times. HAHAHA
    I surely get it,lmfao!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:01 AM
    If you ever have an insane moment in your life you...
    If I ever have an insane moment?

Have you seen my avatar? I struggle to have sane moments!
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    03-08-13 09:18 AM
    Get the media player from KalemSoft. It supports any Codec that you can think of. It also streams video from DNLA servers. Worth the cost. Waiting for then to release a app for the Z10
    03-08-13 10:04 AM
    If I ever have an insane moment?

Have you seen my avatar? I struggle to have sane moments!
    This only took me 10 mins to post! Don't blame your Avitar please, it's just an innocent inanimate object placed here by you. Accept the responsibility yourself and face the consequences alone!

P's can you tell me why someone doesn't make the decision to revert this new upgraded very very slow site back to the old one that worked while they sort out which one of their programmers is a ****** and needs further training, or his P45
    03-08-13 11:58 AM
    I'd like to think that the BB10 Browser does have proper bookmark management, but I don't have a Z10 to try it.

I do occasionally browse the CB BB10 forums, and one of the things that most people there seem to agree on is the excellence of the browser (and the glass keyboard). I guess if the "excellent browser" didn't have the ability to edit and sort bookmarks someone would have mentioned it by now?

Though I may have missed where someone posted whether it does/doesn't as I don't linger in the BB10 forums. It can be a bit of a warzone between the zealots on both sides and my non-combatant status means I don't have much reason to stay there long. However, I'll admit to a nostalgic chuckle when I recently read a series of posts over there on why Apps are/aren't important given the browser... it was PB forums deja vu, all over again LOL

Perhaps we'll even see the BB10 browser on our PBs one day...? who knows.

Thank you for this wise and literate approach to forums.
    03-08-13 03:08 PM
    No just UK/European IT Director for Schlumberger, Nokia and Caldwell Communications. Other than that I was involved in the senior management team that took a brand new start company from �0 to �197 million turnover in three years. Before I get any comments about turnover being vanity and profit being sanity, we did manage to achieve an annual profit of 19%.
    Haha. Good for you! Still not convinced how you being a regional director (aka mid-level manager in a large company) for a specific function would have qualifications to lead a multi-billion dollar company and guide functions like sales, marketing, operations, manufacturing, development, customer service etc.

But feel free to send your resume to the board of directors.
    yueytan likes this.
    03-08-13 03:13 PM
    Haha. Good for you! Still not convinced how you being a regional director (aka mid-level manager in a large company) for a specific function would have qualifications to lead a multi-billion dollar company and guide functions like sales, marketing, operations, manufacturing, development, customer service etc.

But feel free to send your resume to the board of directors.
    Erm! I can swim a little bit, is that okay for you?

"aka mid-level manager in a large company"

I was offered a more senior position with the company but had to turn it down. For some reason I just couldn't get my head around the fact that fork lift trucks steer with the rear wheels so I couldn't pass the required fork lift truck safety tests.

I can honestly swim a bit though so I hope that will be okay for you. I can ride a bike as well if needed so do I get the job?
    JeepBB and RubberChicken76 like this.
    03-09-13 06:26 AM
    Good luck finding a tablet with a browser as usable as the PlayBook's. Although if we have to wait until the fall of this year for os10 & BBM, then I have to admit that would hack me off a little. However, I love my PB & QNX is just as good, (if not better), than iOS.
    So goodbye & thanks for all the fish...
    03-13-13 06:22 PM
    Honestly I am with deanbroad2002, There are millions with Playbooks already in their hands and it seems as though development has all but stopped from Blackberry and developers. I cannot recall the last time I saw a new app or game that seem appealing. Making a product and getting into folks hands and then no longer supporting it is the same reason I stopped buying apple years ago. I own a 64g and it is nothing but a browsing tool anymore. Since I got the Z10 that is supported (for the moment) I haven't even used my playbook.

Blackberry is going to lose if they don't take care of the customers they already have. I have thought about an android tablet myself and everyday that goes by without improvements to the current playbooks I feel like I am in the losing corner supporting the wrong company. ( I have used only Blackberry since 2005 and can't believe I have come to this.) Anyways, This post is hidden in a forum on Crackberry. No one that can do anything or change anything will read this or care.

Anyone want to make an offer on my playbook? I'm open to part with it for a fair price.
    04-03-13 09:30 AM
    Honestly I am with deanbroad2002, There are millions with Playbooks already in their hands and it seems as though development has all but stopped from Blackberry and developers. I cannot recall the last time I saw a new app or game that seem appealing. Making a product and getting into folks hands and then no longer supporting it is the same reason I stopped buying apple years ago. I own a 64g and it is nothing but a browsing tool anymore. Since I got the Z10 that is supported (for the moment) I haven't even used my playbook.

Blackberry is going to lose if they don't take care of the customers they already have. I have thought about an android tablet myself and everyday that goes by without improvements to the current playbooks I feel like I am in the losing corner supporting the wrong company. ( I have used only Blackberry since 2005 and can't believe I have come to this.) Anyways, This post is hidden in a forum on Crackberry. No one that can do anything or change anything will read this or care.

Anyone want to make an offer on my playbook? I'm open to part with it for a fair price.
    Here is my little story. I have had the 32GB PlayBook for nearly 2 years now. When the ipad mini came out (having never owned an Apple product before) I told my wife that's what I wanted for my birthday. (Seemed only fair that if I'm going to bash Apple I give them a try ya know.) Then I realized that most of what I do with a tablet can't be done on an IPad, or at least not the way I wanted to do it. So after a few months, I found that I had gone back to using the PlayBook almost exclusively other than long points of on screen typing. But it seamed dumb to have two 7-8 inch tablets. So the Mini was sold.

So I decided if I was going to buy a second tablet it needed to serve a purpose that I wasn't getting with the PlayBook as the mini didn't really meet the criteria.

I ended up with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The gain for me were a few main things.

- size. I wanted a portable tab and a big one
    - pen input. Writing on screen. Pen acts as a mouse in the browser as well. The pen really is useful. Sets it apart from the endless river of Android devices.
    - multitasking almost equal to the PlayBook
    -the ability to move files between the PB and Note 10.1 easily when in wifi Wirelessly.
    -front speakers like the PlayBook
    -ease of getting ahold of Android apps then converting them for the PlayBook.

All in all I'm pleased with the combination. I have the PlayBook for portability, and the Note for more at home. I barely need a PC between the 2.
    katesbb and Jiggy1971 like this.
    04-03-13 09:59 AM
    So you had a grass isn't always greener moment? Thanks for sharing that experience.
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-03-13 11:56 AM
186 ... 678