What time does the noon whistle sound?
    What timezone are you located in? Union or right-to-work state?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 07:25 PM
    Besides for Ipads how many tablet manufatures support their tablets for as long and as well as BB has done with the PB?

Not a lot!
    Acer sure as heck don't. I have a 10" slab from them.
    03-06-13 07:26 PM
    What timezone are you located in? Union or right-to-work state?
    Neither . . . . . a Province. LoL
    03-06-13 07:27 PM
    Make your voice heard here regarding bridge... they say they're working on it .. it better be done before the US launch date

Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    03-06-13 08:07 PM
    You have to fight your way thru the z10 to get to the pb threads, but dont give up yet. I hear the nexus tablets are really the best out there, if you do decide to leave us. Dont stay gone too long though.
    Nexus 7 is awesome. Best android tablet in my opinion. I am bored with pb as well. Not much happening on this front since z10 came out. I am hoping for bb10 update soon.

Otherwise I might be getting n7 soon. I will keep pb as it is still the best alarm clock ever.

I am spoiled by z10 and BB10. Playbook browser is sloooooow.

Posted via CB10
    wpgteacher likes this.
    03-06-13 08:28 PM
    Make your voice heard here regarding bridge... they say they're working on it .. it better be done before the US launch date

Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    I left my thought a while ago
    It doesn't say what they are working on.

Can someone with BB10 explain that open on screen shot. It appears as though you can open anything on the PB. From recent comments I don't think that's possible.
    03-06-13 08:40 PM
    All my native email accts on the PlayBook update through Bridge connection to internet when I don't have wifi...
    Mine don't. Even if they did, I wouldn't want the doubles.
    03-06-13 08:58 PM
    ...I want to make it my personal goal to inform potential purchasers of this absence and not to take anyone's word that it will possibly/potentially/questionably return either "just around the corner, soon or in 60 days!" I'm still waiting for Search on a webpage, the ability to rename or move around bookmarks and access to an easier QUESTION MARK!
    I don't use a BB phone so the crippled Bridge on the Z10 isn't a problem for me, but I do understand the frustrations of those who have been using it for years and now see it gone. I'm grateful that Bluetooth tethering works on my Nokia phone so I can access the Internet on my PB without buying a new phone.

But the lack of search in the browser, the crazy bookmarks screen, the ridiculous file browser are all things which should have been fixed ages ago. I don't see how they could upgrade the PB OS without even looking at these issues. I hope BB10 has these issues fixed because otherwise it shows Blackberry are back to their old tricks - pushing unfinished hardware and software out the door now to make sales, then hoping to fix the problems later. Users wait for promised updates and end up waiting, and waiting...

It's not like Android where hackers can put together a CM release even on ancient hardware. Blackberry locked down the Playbook, they have the OS source, and only they can fix things.
    FF22 and Bakamushi like this.
    03-06-13 10:16 PM
    I'm glad you found it humorous. Its good to laugh. But you start seeming like a crazy sad old man when you don't know what you are talking about. Do you honestly believe BB won't exploit QNX capabilities on its devices? Nevermind, go sip some brandy.
    I believe I'm correct in stating that nowhere in any of my posts have I berated the capabilities of QNX as an OS.

Perhaps a legendary business executive with a proven track record of forming and leading multi-billion dollar, multi-national corporations like yourself ought to get out of your armchair, put down your coffee and show them the way!

Stand aside Thorsten - Sad Old Man is here to turn BlackBerry into a trillion dollar enterprise with his vast skills and experience that far exceed all in the mobile industry!
    No just UK/European IT Director for Schlumberger, Nokia and Caldwell Communications. Other than that I was involved in the senior management team that took a brand new start company from �0 to �197 million turnover in three years. Before I get any comments about turnover being vanity and profit being sanity, we did manage to achieve an annual profit of 19%.

Your right though I do like brandy. And you?
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-07-13 07:32 AM
    So long as if we really all care about you deciding to get a different tablet cause your impatient to wait for BB10 to come to playbook.

BlackBerry never promised a date for when bb10 was to come to playbook nor did they promise it would be on playbook.

They dud however state that playbook out now will get update to BB10 later this year and thus was said back in Jan 2013, so later this year after the BB10 launches for Z10 and Q10 so once all areas of the world has launched including the USA we can expect playbook to be running BB10 soon there after, so looking more like I stated before around Late March, Early April, I am hoping so anyway. If not then I wait more us all.

BlackBerry is about phones first just like any other phone provider, then anything else is just extra and will be on a back burner till phone sales increase so they have the profit to make new devices and tablets, it's all about business and what's selling now and not what customers demand is more important, not saying customers are not important, but money talks BS walks.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-07-13 07:59 AM
    In my case I will wait until May when rumored next generation N7 is supposed to come out. If we do not get BB10 update with full bridge support back on Playbook until that time I will most likely sell it on ebay together with my "old" 9810. The thing is new apps are not coming up on Playbook's store anymore. I can live with that but what i cannot live with with is the browser which frankly sucks the way it is now. Lets hope we will get BB10 update soon and I will not have to go over to the dark side.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    03-07-13 08:22 AM
    So long as if we really all care about you deciding to get a different tablet cause your impatient to wait for BB10 to come to playbook.

BlackBerry never promised a date for when bb10 was to come to playbook nor did they promise it would be on playbook.

They dud however state that playbook out now will get update to BB10 later this year and thus was said back in Jan 2013, so later this year after the BB10 launches for Z10 and Q10 so once all areas of the world has launched including the USA we can expect playbook to be running BB10 soon there after, so looking more like I stated before around Late March, Early April, I am hoping so anyway. If not then I wait more us all.

BlackBerry is about phones first just like any other phone provider, then anything else is just extra and will be on a back burner till phone sales increase so they have the profit to make new devices and tablets, it's all about business and what's selling now and not what customers demand is more important, not saying customers are not important, but money talks BS walks.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Well said fellow crackbarian. All hail RIM the doer of good and solver of all problems.

But if the customer is not all important, the sales fall and all you are left with is BS.

Why is this forum full of people constantly repeating the same phrase. Wait for the next update, RIM will put it right. It may be a simplistic question but then why break it in the first place?
    03-07-13 08:41 AM
    Sorry I don't have time for a complete technical answer about this.

I just received an update of Cut The Rope Experiments on my Android tablet and I have to try it.
    03-07-13 08:45 AM
    The thing is new apps are not coming up on Playbook's store anymore..
    It may not be due to lack of developer interest. I submitted an app over a month ago, and it's still pending review. I also have a pretty cool Twitter client just about ready for submission too, but if it's taking a month+... well it's just hard to get excited about developing for it with that kind of turnaround time. I'd imagine BB is overwhelmed with BB10 apps and not focusing much on the PB at the moment.
    03-07-13 08:49 AM
    I believe I'm correct in stating that nowhere in any of my posts have I berated the capabilities of QNX as an OS.

No just UK/European IT Director for Schlumberger, Nokia and Caldwell Communications. Other than that I was involved in the senior management team that took a brand new start company from �0 to �197 million turnover in three years. Before I get any comments about turnover being vanity and profit being sanity, we did manage to achieve an annual profit of 19%.

Your right though I do like brandy. And you?
    lol ***** slap
    03-07-13 09:48 AM
    Well said fellow crackbarian. All hail RIM the doer of good and solver of all problems.

But if the customer is not all important, the sales fall and all you are left with is BS.

Why is this forum full of people constantly repeating the same phrase. Wait for the next update, RIM will put it right. It may be a simplistic question but then why break it in the first place?
    Excellent question and some of us do keep asking that question as we wait for "soon" to be redefined.

typo fix
    Last edited by F2; 03-07-13 at 12:24 PM.
    03-07-13 10:32 AM
    Excellent question and some of use do keep asking that question as we wait for "soon" to be redefined.
    whatever!
    03-07-13 11:05 AM
    I didn't check but, did they even provide bookmarks management in BB10 ?
    03-07-13 11:22 AM
    lol ***** slap
    Whatever
    03-07-13 11:28 AM
    You gotta be joking? I'll take ICS (on my HTC) or JB any day over OS2 on my Playbook. Perhaps BB10 would be a worthy addition to the PB, if it ever comes and is not too crippled to accommodate the PB's lesser specs. And really, I'm tired of the 30-day limit on emails (carried over to BB10) and paltry app selection. I've sideloaded lots of android apps but few of them work well enough on the PB to be worth the effort. I'd like to think BB will come out with a great tablet, with the apps I need, to keep me away from Google Nexus, but I know that's not going to happen in the next six months, if ever.
    Thing is, though, you're rapping on about apps, when the point you were replying about was talking about the OS.

Don't conflate app support, with stability of the various OSs.

As it goes, I agree with the previous post, taking out the various app ecosystems for a second, I'd much rather use the PlayBook's OS than Android ICS or JB. It has a certain stability and ease of use that are just different compared with Android.
    03-07-13 11:35 AM
    I wonder if anyone here has gone through what Symbian users went through as Nokia promised, kept promising, and then didn't deliver.

The first Symbian^3 devices, touted to be the best yet, were released in late 2010. UI and functionality updates were promised "soon" but the first update came a year later (Qwerty keyboard, finally!) and then the UI update came in late 2012, two years after launch. By that time, a newer lineup of Symbian^3 devices had come out that supported a newer version of the OS. The older devices could only run a stripped-down version that had major features left out.

That sounds like what's going to happen with the Playbook. Ironically, Nokia dumped Symbian to Accenture in 2011 and ran into the arms of Microsoft and Windows Phone. Symbian users have been stuck with a trickle of middling updates while major bugs are still left open because there's no one left to work on the OS. Nokia also had Meego, a Linux-based OS that was supposed to have replaced Symbian. That was late, incomplete and Nokia decided to wash its hands off the whole thing by releasing the N9 and leaving potential customers with a device forever stuck in beta.

I hope Blackberry has learned this lesson - if you can't get software development right, the fast update cycles of the tech industry will kill you. Your hardware will be a generation or two behind the cutting edge on release and your devices won't have much of a lifespan in the market.

Blackberry is also making a big gamble with BB10 and the Z10 by not requiring BIS/BES. Carriers don't have to pay the network access fees that makes up a big chunk of Blackberry revenue.
    I've been a Symbian user for some time - I still use 2 Nokia N8s as my handsets (well not 2 at the same time...). One runs Symbian Anna - and forever will it remain, and the 2nd runs the bastard-love-child Symbian Belle.

Symbian never really had the legs to still manage to compete, so I really don't get why Nokia decided to really undo a lot of the benefits of Symbian Anna and maps 3.06, in favour of dumbing down, and "Android"-ing it's look and feel. Who did they think they were going to court? They could at least have kept their existing users happy by not neutering or removing a lot of valid config and options in their products.
    03-07-13 11:41 AM
    Can I have your apps?
    Dude, seriously - too soon!
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
    Adios.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 12:06 PM
    I've been a Symbian user for some time - I still use 2 Nokia N8s as my handsets (well not 2 at the same time...). One runs Symbian Anna - and forever will it remain, and the 2nd runs the bastard-love-child Symbian Belle.

Symbian never really had the legs to still manage to compete, so I really don't get why Nokia decided to really undo a lot of the benefits of Symbian Anna and maps 3.06, in favour of dumbing down, and "Android"-ing it's look and feel. Who did they think they were going to court? They could at least have kept their existing users happy by not neutering or removing a lot of valid config and options in their products.
    Careful your on my territory. The best 'modern' OS from Nokia was on the N95. I have the N95, N8 and the N100, which given my background you would expect. I could go into greater detail but after S6 Nokia went rapidly down hill. The knee **** reaction was Anna and Belle. Mmmmm where have I seen that before, Oh I know RIM.

At least at Nokia they made a decision to forget any in house developed OS, and therefore the new Nokias now sport Windows 7 & 8!

Is the decision correct or not? Thats for Nokia users and technical review sites to decide (said tongue in cheek) but right or wrong at least someone made a decision!
    03-07-13 12:09 PM
    I didn't check but, did they even provide bookmarks management in BB10 ?
    I've been afraid to ask or "search on webpage!"
    03-07-13 12:25 PM
186 ... 45678