I'll make a side-note to this.
    I'd love the PB to be able to handle my phone calls hand free when I'm @ the office ...
    psss ... you know what ? I'll bet he can ... very soon !
    +1
    either,when you have a phone call on your BBerry with bridge enabled, you can see the calling number on your PB and hear a little slightly sound behind...a kind of SIP call in the corner? well,really don't know.
    02-17-12 04:06 PM
    I'll make a side-note to this.
    I'd love the PB to be able to handle my phone calls hand free when I'm @ the office ...
    psss ... you know what ? I'll bet he can ... very soon !
    IMHO, this is the only type of Broad application I can see for having the capability. Hands free or speakerphone capability could be ideal, but having the Playbook be a totally convergent device? I , for one would not favor this. As a consultant, I am happy just to be able to travel without my Laptop now, and can run 3 businesses from my Torch 9810 and the Playbook. Trying to add phone conversations while I have 5 other tabs active on the PB wouldn't work, but having the option of using it hands free would again be ideal.
    02-17-12 04:13 PM
    I don't think it's a very good idea simply because of the size of the device itself. I'm of the opinion that we're starting to get a little ridiculous with the size of these devices (phones not tablets). I think a 4.5 inch screen is about the biggest that you can go and still have a comfortable, pocketable device. In my opinion 4-4.3 inches is about the perfect size if you're looking for an all touchscreen device.

The PlayBook is just too darn big to carry around every day comfortably. I rarely take mine with me simply because it's not easy to carry all the time. Could you imagine trying to hold the thing up to your head to talk on the phone? You'd look ridiculous! Just my opinion, but I think it's a bad idea...
    Here's an interesting thought. Make a 9900 keyboard that would plug into either the Playbook or a phone screen module. The battery would be in the Playbook or the phone screen, but the sim card and sd card would be in the keyboard module. And, yes, both Playbook and screen would have an earphone jack and bluetooth available.
    02-17-12 05:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD