Hi

I have a playbook and I'm thinking of buying a playbook for my other half, as he travels a lot.

His mother may also be getting a playbook for her birthday, coming up soon.

When he's traveling, would he be able to only chat with me one on one or could we set up a three-way conference call on the video chat between him, his mother and myself? I've been googling, but all I can find are articles saying it's an upcoming feature, but these are from 2011, before the OS2.0 upgrade.

Thanks!
    06-21-12 06:51 AM
    Hello,

You can use this solution- AV by AOL - Let's video chat!. It allows up to 3 people, no software download, works over bridge, and cross-platform. One can save on favorite, and save a shortcut on desktop, looks like an app.
    JJCC30Hwd likes this.
    06-21-12 07:28 AM
    Hi

I have a playbook and I'm thinking of buying a playbook for my other half, as he travels a lot.

His mother may also be getting a playbook for her birthday, coming up soon.

When he's traveling, would he be able to only chat with me one on one or could we set up a three-way conference call on the video chat between him, his mother and myself? I've been googling, but all I can find are articles saying it's an upcoming feature, but these are from 2011, before the OS2.0 upgrade.

Thanks!
    AV by AOL - Let's video chat!

If you all have a decent wi-fi connection (required anyway), the above link works very well. Will also work with non-Playbook users.
    06-21-12 07:28 AM
    Thanks. I guess that this doesn't work with the built in App.
    06-21-12 07:44 AM
    I use RealPortalprivate app which is available in Blackberry App World and have up to four people active in a Chat Room type video session can interact with all Room particpants - Device Video Chat is just one to one and there is currently no PIP type feature to add additional sessions.
    06-21-12 08:42 AM
    I would also consider ReelPortal. It is a free app and you can chat with multiple users. AV works but ReelPortal works better for me and has more controls.
    06-21-12 08:47 AM
    I would also consider ReelPortal. It is a free app and you can chat with multiple users. AV works but ReelPortal works better for me and has more controls.
    Just checked AppWorld and ReelPortal is now a fee based app. Only $.99 but still, no longer free.
    06-21-12 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD