Hi I'm new to the forums and new to Blackberry in general.

I am a tech junkie and like to try new things which, after some research, lead me to Blackberry 10 OS.

After some studying, reading reviews and checking prices, I became intrigued with the playbook but I wasn't sold. So I waited until there was some official word from BBRY on if the playbook would receive an update to BB10. After the word came in I order a 32gig from Amazon and had it in my hands a week later. Because I had researched I knew the things it would and would not do. I have been very impressed with the OS, I love the gestures/multitasking, as well as the hardware. This is not my first tablet.

There are some things the tablet is "missing" but I can live with that and as I said knew before hand what they were.

I know that there is no guarente that it will receive BB10 any time soon (or at all). Although seeing as the Z10 has yet to be released in the US and they named the Q10 update BB10.1 I asume that we'll see the playbook OS update come in as BB10.2. Like most I find the BB10 update is appealing because of the app potential.

I have been through this "apps" conversation before with android. The apps will come, even now android is still waiting for some apps.

Some believe that there is no room for BBRY but I dont think so. Having sold phones there is a natural churn of customers to different platforms. People become bored or jaded with iOS. Many get annoyed with android because of the constantly changing hardware giving buyers remorse. And WP8 is IMO in a worse position then BBRY due to the overly diluted handset options.

The way I see it is if BBRY uses a more Apple-like device release method ( ie 2 phones and a tablet yearly) and keeps their more open app/dev policies they should be able to grow into the 3rd place. Creating a loyal user base is better then selling millions of phones like htc did only to have everyone move on to the current big thing (samsung).

Just thought I'd share whats been floating around in my head lately.
    02-20-13 06:25 PM
    Nice read and welcome to BlackBerry! Hope you will be snagging a Z10 when it hits the US.
    02-20-13 06:43 PM
    Thanks, yes my current plan is to ditch my Galaxy S3 for a Z10. I can't wait to get my fingers on it.

The bridge function will be a dream come true...well it will be cool.
    02-20-13 09:08 PM
    Welcome my man!!!
    02-20-13 11:12 PM
    Welcome, nice read, enjoy!
    02-21-13 08:41 AM
    Hi I'm new to the forums and new to Blackberry in general.

I am a tech junkie and like to try new things which, after some research, lead me to Blackberry 10 OS.

After some studying, reading reviews and checking prices, I became intrigued with the playbook but I wasn't sold. So I waited until there was some official word from BBRY on if the playbook would receive an update to BB10. After the word came in I order a 32gig from Amazon and had it in my hands a week later. Because I had researched I knew the things it would and would not do. I have been very impressed with the OS, I love the gestures/multitasking, as well as the hardware. This is not my first tablet.

There are some things the tablet is "missing" but I can live with that and as I said knew before hand what they were.

I know that there is no guarente that it will receive BB10 any time soon (or at all). Although seeing as the Z10 has yet to be released in the US and they named the Q10 update BB10.1 I asume that we'll see the playbook OS update come in as BB10.2. Like most I find the BB10 update is appealing because of the app potential.

I have been through this "apps" conversation before with android. The apps will come, even now android is still waiting for some apps.

Some believe that there is no room for BBRY but I dont think so. Having sold phones there is a natural churn of customers to different platforms. People become bored or jaded with iOS. Many get annoyed with android because of the constantly changing hardware giving buyers remorse. And WP8 is IMO in a worse position then BBRY due to the overly diluted handset options.

The way I see it is if BBRY uses a more Apple-like device release method ( ie 2 phones and a tablet yearly) and keeps their more open app/dev policies they should be able to grow into the 3rd place. Creating a loyal user base is better then selling millions of phones like htc did only to have everyone move on to the current big thing (samsung).

Just thought I'd share whats been floating around in my head lately.
    If you can lay your hands on a BB OS5 or later phone, you can explore full bridge functionality. Bridging to a BB10 system is quite limited at present. Hopefully, future updates will restore full functionality.

Yes. Some configuration of "BB10" is coming to the PlayBook and that comes straight from TH himself.
    02-21-13 10:00 AM
    Welcome! I'm kind of like you except I had the same experience going from 1.0 to 2.0. That February morning was incredible when 2.0 came at 4 am. I feel with BB, it's wait and see, but I have been very happy with their progress. The multitasking, flash, 1080p cameras and amazing speakers got me hooked in the first place. Now I'm waiting for the Z10 to come from Lebanon, factory unlocked. This is what's pissing me off. We are forced to go through dealers in North America. Android phones are always unlocked and you can get unlocked iPhones from the Apple store. As wonderful as the Z10 is when I tried it, I refused to go through ROGERS to get a phone with the **** ugly ROGERS logo and to have to sign a new monthly contract. To **** with that. And to pay 50 dollars to get it unlocked after? Please. I took my unlocked C905 everywhere. I travel. We should all collectively refuse locked phones. Thieves.
    02-21-13 02:53 PM
    Welcome!As wonderful as the Z10 is when I tried it, I refused to go through ROGERS to get a phone with the **** ugly ROGERS logo and to have to sign a new monthly contract. To **** with that. And to pay 50 dollars to get it unlocked after? Please. I took my unlocked C905 everywhere. I travel. We should all collectively refuse locked phones. Thieves.
    The Z10 from Rogers has no "Rogers" logo! Also, you can pick up one for $599 on a month to month term (i.e. no contract). I do understand it is locked, but it costs $40 to unlock it. I think $640 for an unlocked phone is similar to what you'd pay Apple, Samsung etc.
    02-21-13 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD