I'm over using the OEM leather folio as it adds too much weight to the device! Feels so much better without it on, but I still need some protection :/ Any recommendations for the thinnest case out there?

Cheers!
    04-24-13 02:35 AM
    I'm over using the OEM leather folio as it adds too much weight to the device! Feels so much better without it on, but I still need some protection :/ Any recommendations for the thinnest case out there?

Cheers!
    I think you can go for the Convertible Case or the Journey Case if you want a 100% protection.
    04-24-13 02:42 AM
    thanks for the reply. the convertible case is the one I already have (may have named it wrong) and google doesn't show any results for the journey case...?
    04-24-13 02:55 AM
    thanks for the reply. the convertible case is the one I already have (may have named it wrong) and google doesn't show any results for the journey case...?
    Journal Case, sorry for the typing error.
    But it is almost the same as the Convertible Case.
    04-24-13 03:50 AM

Cheers!
    I just use the OEM leather sleeve

BLACKBERRY PlayBook Leather Sleeve - Black Deals | Pcworld

It's like the neoprene one that comes with the playbook but is classier. I wanted something thin as it slides into a pocket in my rucksack or tank bag on motorcycle trips
    chaosdivine likes this.
    04-24-13 04:13 AM
    I use a convertible case myself like you do...(I personally don't mind it since it offers max protection) but ya, the leather sleeve is what I'd go with if you wanted to be as thin and light as possible. You can get a screen guard if you wish and it will still slip into the leather sleeve properly. I have a leather sleeve I got in a bundle but never use it. My PB lives in it's case all the time but that's just me.

You used to be able to get some skins through ebay. I haven't looked in a long time to see if these are still available. But that would at least cut down on scratches but would offer very little protection to bumps.
    04-24-13 05:58 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. The leather case looks good, and I've found something called the Incipio feather which looks good too! Apparently less than 1mm thick.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    04-24-13 07:16 AM
    Staples.com is selling the journal case for under $12:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=3XEw8hwQ

I grabbed two - one for the wife and one for me. Love the tight fit and sleek, professional look.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-13 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. The leather case looks good, and I've found something called the Incipio feather which looks good too! Apparently less than 1mm thick.
    The Incipio Feather case is great - thin and unobtrusive. What I really like about it is that a PB with Feather case installed will actually fit inside the BlackBerry leather envelope. It's a tight fit, but it works.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:52 AM
    The Blackberry softshell cases are pretty thin too. There are two versions, one made of silicone, the other a hard plastic. The Plastic ones are the better choice.
    04-24-13 08:59 AM
    The Blackberry softshell cases are pretty thin too. There are two versions, one made of silicone, the other a hard plastic. The Plastic ones are the better choice.
    agreed! and it's a snug fit with the neoprene sleeve
    04-24-13 12:00 PM