Oh, dear. I have some very discouraging news for you.

Last time I bought a microwave, I carried the box to the front of the store and sat on it in a state of confusion. I started asking people why I should have bought it. They looked at me funny. Most gave me a wide birth and didn't answer. I was still confused.

I took it home and unpacked it. There was a long list of online resources so that I could learn about my microwave and cool ways that others used it. I threw the list away. I sat out by my mail box and asked people on the street why I should own the microwave. One person told me to go online and watch videos of cool things others were using it for. I shook my head no and demanded someone tell me so I didn't have to do that for myself. Nobody would do it for me. I was still confused. It was unfair.

I hope you have better luck than I did. There are tons of cool vids, reviews and discussions on this site that will help you decide if you want to be informed.
    09-29-12 11:20 AM
    He could use it as a cutting board.

if he s bored, he can go to a chef's forum to learn to use it in more sphisticated ways

ray
    09-29-12 11:21 AM
    The playbook isn't perfect....but it absolutely baffles me how someone can be technical enough to find a site like crackberry, and become a member on the forums.....yet have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when it comes to something like the PlayBook. More for business users???!!!???.......lol like everyone else has said, there are easily more games than business apps on the PlayBook.

No offense, just sell your PlayBook. If u feel this way u will never like it as u must have done no research at all on it.
    09-29-12 11:25 AM
    Why would you ask strangers, to convince you to keep something you already have?
    If you aren't happy with your purchase, take it back and move on with your life.
    09-29-12 11:35 AM
    Why would you ask strangers, to convince you to keep something you already have?
    If you aren't happy with your purchase, take it back and move on with your life.
    You don't think he was trying to incite a flame-a-thon do ya?
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-29-12 11:41 AM
    Never crossed my mind until you mentioned it
    Lhendr and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 11:44 AM
    Yep, he's a silly little boy with too much time on his hands.
    bungaboy and doxidad like this.
    09-29-12 11:45 AM
    You can return it if you wish but you'd be hard pressed to find something better at the price point the PB is selling for here in Canada.
    I got my 32Gb for $130 at the fire sale last month and have been using it at least 3-4 hrs a day every day. I love it in spite of the lack of apps in AppWorld. Guess it depends on what you use it for. I use mine mainly for browsing, reading RSS feeds, forums, watching online streaming and the occasional game.
    It has replaced my iPhone 4S and my Android laptop for these purposes. I love the 7 inch form factor, the quality of the screen and the audio, the fact that it runs Flash and that I can access its filesystem and sideload apps and media. And of course I love the price.
    Even though i'm an iphone user i never really considered an ipad. It's huge, way too restricted and wayyy to expensive. I was considering the recent 7" android tablets around the $200 price point, but when the Playbook went on sale, it was a no-brainer for me.
    The price difference more than makes up for the lack of apps i wouldn't have used anyway. The iphone app store is choke full of apps, but i haven't downloaded one in more than 4 months, once the novelty factor wore off.
    Last edited by rob.ert; 09-29-12 at 11:53 AM.
    roguerebellions likes this.
    09-29-12 11:49 AM
    Hello, I bought a car and it`s pretty useless.

Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, I bought a cat and it`s pretty useless.

Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it.
    Hello, I bought a computer and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a pet kangaroo and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a lion and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a water bottle and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a smartphone and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a house and it`s pretty useless.

Akuji_ism, Lhendr, calles and 4 others like this.
    09-29-12 12:05 PM
    If you don't want it why not take it to a childrens' home and give it as a gift to one of the kids for the holidays? Maybe a neighbour's kid?

You'll feel good.

09-29-12 12:07 PM
    I just bought my playbook yesterday. It seems pretty useless.

Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it
    I won't lie, and if I earned any respect for myself in CrackBerry, it will vanish, but before I bought the PlayBook I wanted the iPad. I wanted a big screen and everything that those cool apple commercials told me I wanted (I know, I know). I couldn't afford it though, and so I was looking at the Kindle Fire. I heard about the PlayBook when it first came out, I remember it was like $600 or something and so I never bothered to research it.

Then I happened to see on Amazon the PlayBook for the same price as the Kindle (technically I couldn't really afford either, but I REALLY wanted a tablet). This wasn't my "dream tablet", it was about 2 months before OS2 was to be released, the specs were and still is amazing for the price (especially when comparing it to the Fire), the company was/is very customer oriented, the company is huge but is hurting (I love underdogs, they tend to have to amaze and innovate rather than just sitting on their profits. RIM is also a big company so that they the resources to amaze and innovate, hence the upcoming BB10), and BlackBerry is a good strong name (I was looking at Colby brand tablets too, wow, talk about dodging a bullet).

What got me to really like the purchase was that I compared it to my Android phone. The QNX based OS is much smoother and more perfected than the Android OS, the apps were much higher quality, the system could multitask, the OS could and would be updated without having to buy new hardware every year, and the OS looked much nicer. Though, there was a lack of Fart Apps for the the PlayBook, that was tough to leave behind... (But now that they allow Android apps, there are plenty now..........)

I didn't want a 7 inch tablet but I found that I do like the smaller form. I can bring it with me easier and conceal it easier. It is just a bit more portable. That said, I still want a 10 inch tablet real bad, but I want a BB10 10 inch now.

As for the Apps, well that took time to get use to. Native apps are much higher quality and I find that there is enough apps now that I can get what I need. I have Kobo if I wanted books and I have Zenio for magazines. I kind of like having a third party media app for those because that means that I am not tied down to a specific brand in the future (ie if I bought through the Apple News Stand it means I need an Apple product to read my past magazines).

Games I find are plentiful, too plentiful imo. However I do have a good amount of games on my PlayBook. I normally go for the small, no name games without characters or story because if I wanted that I would play Skyrim or something on the Xbox. They are fun time consumers that you can start playing or stop playing anytime.

So, if you want something different and you have the money, go for something different. If you want to like the PlayBook, well stick with it. It is high quality hardware, excellent support, great fanbase (trying to suck up to you guys after admitting I wanted an iPad ), high quality apps (though low in numbers now), and most importantly it will have BB10. BB10 will change the tablet space and there is already a lot of big app names announced that will support BB10. And not sure if you noticed, but RIM is putting out A LOT of patents lately, and I have the feeling it is because there are some companies out there that tend to "borrow" other companies ideas {cough, apple, cough} and claim them for themselves... those patents should allow for most of BB10 to be unique to RIM products. Without borrowing ideas and without innovation (aka without Steve Jobs), we all know how Apple faired.

PS
    Longest post ever... sorry!
    Lhendr, calles, DC506 and 3 others like this.
    09-29-12 12:09 PM
    I just bought my playbook yesterday. It seems pretty useless.

Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it
    "I just bought my Playbook and it's useless" bla, bla, bla... Really?! We need to convince you? I don't think so... I save my energy for people sitting on the fence who are miss informed on the product before purchase.

Sorry it's not for you and hope you enjoy what ever your next purchase is..
    esk369, DC506 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 12:20 PM
    i just returned it. going to try the ipad now
    09-29-12 12:28 PM
    If you need convincing to keep it, you either a) don't need a tablet and/or b) have too much money.

What I don't like about my playbook is its inability to cook bacon. Other than that it's a pretty good toy.
    I like to keep my playbook in the kitchen so it smells like bacon all day!

Take the playbook back and have a nice day

Sent from my bacon smelling playbook
    bungaboy and AugustArborists like this.
    09-29-12 12:30 PM
    You need a life lol

Hello, I bought a car and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a cat and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a computer and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a pet kangaroo and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a lion and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a water bottle and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a smartphone and it`s pretty useless.

Hello, I bought a house and it`s pretty useless.

09-29-12 12:30 PM
    Not this thread again. Just baffles me when I see this thread. The Playbook does thousands of things. I will not list them here and I guarantee your usage will be NOTHING like mine. If you are an impulse buyer as you claim the PB will certainly help you with your impulsive buying activities. Go on line with it and buy all the other tablets that are available. You can then use those other tablets to determine that you do not need a tablet. Not everyone needs a tablet. Do not be ashamed of this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 12:34 PM
    god, you want to return it after a day? did you even try?

i use it to watch movie and listen to music while traveling, taking pictures and videos, remote pc when i'm not home...

There is plenty of app game and if it's not enough go nostalgic and put some emulator to play nes, snes, genesis, gameboy and what not

you can even use it as htpc

if your still not convinced, go return it.
    Last edited by Symeonify; 09-29-12 at 12:48 PM.
    09-29-12 12:34 PM
    You need a life lol
    yap! says the guy asking why he should keep his playbook! LOL obviously he can't comprehend how many great uses he can have with a playbook... trolling much?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 12:35 PM
    @bold9900.
    Did you expect people to beg you to stay?
    Or no sarcasm or joke's?
    As per your statement you already made your mind up.
    So I guess this was your parting shot but enjoy the ipad from people I've spoken to its a quality piece of hardware enjoy.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 12:38 PM
    So far no one has offered to buy pm me op we can work a deal out ill take it off you hands for the right price.
    Get rid of it you will feel better.
    I use to offer to buy all the complainers playbooks. Yet to date not one person has ever contacted me to follow up.. Either they all end up loving them or they never even owned a playbook to start with.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 12:39 PM
    .....Hello, I bought a pet kangaroo and it`s pretty useless...
    Seriously?????? How could a pet kangaroo be useless?
    Just think, you could keep your Playbook safe and sound in its pouch.
    esk369, kozmo68, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-12 12:39 PM
    yap! says the guy asking why he should keep his playbook! LOL obviously he can't comprehend how many great uses he can have with a playbook... trolling much?
    Thanks beman for saying what I was thinking and what I suspect a lot of people were 2.
    beman39 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 12:41 PM
    It has been used for crushing cockroaches.
    09-29-12 12:42 PM
    Seriously?????? How could a pet kangaroo be useless?
    Just think, you could keep your Playbook safe and sound in its pouch.
    You're hired! Marketing team!

Australians are so damn lucky!

But the PlayBook does come with a pouch.

Oh, and I hope the OP does tell us how he liked the iPad.
    Last edited by Theme; 09-29-12 at 12:47 PM.
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 12:45 PM
    I'm going to the Apple site and I'm going to post:

I just bought my ipad yesterday. It seems pretty useless. Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it.

I wonder if I'll be there a while?

Lhendr, The Me, DC506 and 3 others like this.
    09-29-12 12:53 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD