I just bought my playbook yesterday. It seems pretty useless.

Give me a few reasons why I should keep it, because I really do want to keep it
    09-29-12 09:57 AM
    Jaja if you want to keep it, keep it! Why do you need convincing?
    09-29-12 10:06 AM
    What would make it not useless to you?
    09-29-12 10:08 AM
    Useless in what way? What do you want to do with it exactly? All tablets seem unless to me, they are just big toys IMHO. I could get along without one but, I like having toys.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-12 10:15 AM
    It isnt really fun. I have a laptop. It was an impulse buy and It doesnt have a lot of features. The apps suck. Its more for business people
    09-29-12 10:17 AM
    It isn't really fun? The PlayBook is what you make of it. I would argue that is the case for all tablets.
    09-29-12 10:21 AM
    It isnt really fun. I have a laptop. It was an impulse buy and It doesnt have a lot of features. The apps suck. Its more for business people
    i think most look at that the other way around as it has more games than business apps by far.
    09-29-12 10:22 AM
    OK then what would make it fun? All the apps suck?

I guess if that is the case you should return it and get your money back.
    09-29-12 10:23 AM
    Return it.
    09-29-12 10:29 AM
    Yep return it and be gone!
    09-29-12 10:34 AM
    Haha, it's far from being a professional grade tablet.

It's more of a (iToy) for me.

75% Games and 25% Apps.
    09-29-12 10:37 AM
    Great speakers. Really nice video pb of movies, tv, etc. And with hdmi-out, play back on larger screen tv's.

A light weight (to carry) browser. With Bridge - use it away from wifi for email, browsing, calendar.

Apps - that varies - most think there are too many games and not enough professional work tools.

But it is far from flawless.

Use the money for something you think will be fun - lots of sushi? A down payment on an ipad. Concert tickets. Lots of coffee.
    Bumble2000 and merp23 like this.
    09-29-12 10:38 AM
    Return it > dilute the market for more � downside for us

BTW kbz, excellent questioning hehe
    09-29-12 10:39 AM
    If you need convincing to keep it, you either a) don't need a tablet and/or b) have too much money.

What I don't like about my playbook is its inability to cook bacon. Other than that it's a pretty good toy.
    09-29-12 10:39 AM

Buying something, anything for that matter, and than asking people to give you reasons to keep it is just plain ridiculous ...get rid of it if you don't like, who cares what you do with it!
    09-29-12 10:49 AM
    Return it > dilute the market for more � downside for us

BTW kbz, excellent questioning hehe
    Yes and no reply from OP
    09-29-12 10:49 AM
    If you need convincing to keep it, you either a) don't need a tablet and/or b) have too much money.

What I don't like about my playbook is its inability to cook bacon. Other than that it's a pretty good toy.
    Dear Wendy:

Reinstall .668 or run one of the demanding games or set the native email interval to Manual - perfect bacon. And if you have an otterbox, place the shield on it and you have a George Foreman Grill.
    BigwhiteUK, kozmo68 and Wired5s like this.
    09-29-12 10:52 AM

It would be a waste of time.
    09-29-12 10:53 AM
    dear wendy:

Reinstall .668 or run one of the demanding games or set the native email interval to manual - perfect bacon. And if you have an otterbox, place the shield on it and you have a george foreman grill.
    lmao :d ........
    09-29-12 10:54 AM
    Yep return it and be gone!
    Yes, please.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 10:55 AM

Yeah, it certainly doesn't heat up quick like the New iPad bacon plate does.

I use my Playbook at least 2 - 3 hours every day and own a backup unit and I have only played one game on it in over a year. What do I use this useless thing for anyway? LOL
    Lhendr likes this.
    09-29-12 10:56 AM
    It isnt really fun. Its more for business people
    No, Research In Motion has been promoting the BlackBerry PlayBook as a hand-held gaming console if you bothered to read all the announcements about games.
    09-29-12 11:02 AM
    It fits in your jacket pocket, you can carry it quite often when you are unwilling to carry a laptop.

Portable media player with HDMI out, you can carry it into a friend's house and plug into a TV. Widescreen format.

Useful for email,Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Web browsing including Flash.

Games, I really like the 7" form factor for gaming.

Good cameras and speakers, the cameras can shoot 1080p video.

There is at least a possibility of some new functionality with BB10, and you will be able to upgrade to the new OS.

More than useful enough for the price I paid.
    09-29-12 11:05 AM
    So far no one has offered to buy pm me op we can work a deal out ill take it off you hands for the right price.
    Get rid of it you will feel better.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 11:09 AM

Just curious. Who do you reach out to when you have to make fundamental decisions in your life?

Like what to eat, when to eat, when to wash, etc.
    DC506, Lhendr, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    09-29-12 11:16 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD