Did read that many of us got PB's from shopblackberry recently with no security seals and designated to be originally distributed to the Latin American market. Are they new or refurbished?
    12-27-11 04:11 AM
    Probably returns that have been refurbished.
    12-27-11 05:53 AM
    So here is the response shopblackberry sent me when i asked them if the PB I bought from them was refurbished because there were no security seals on the box.

I ensure you that the playbook was not refurbished. And I appreciate you appreciating us. Don't worry about the playbook being refurbished I can ensure you that is a brand new product.
    Thanks,
    Charity S
    Shopblackberry.com
    01-01-12 01:07 PM
    When did you order, what size, and how long did it take to receive your order?
    01-01-12 01:11 PM
    I ordered a 16GB on 11/24 and received it on 12/16.
    01-01-12 01:53 PM
    A refurbished product must be clearly indicated as such and not be sold and labelled as brand new.
    01-01-12 02:09 PM
    So here is the response shopblackberry sent me when i asked them if the PB I bought from them was refurbished because there were no security seals on the box.

I ensure you that the playbook was not refurbished. And I appreciate you appreciating us. Don't worry about the playbook being refurbished I can ensure you that is a brand new product.
    Thanks,
    Charity S
    Shopblackberry.com
    Really? I would be very surprised if I received that sort of reply from a Blackberry representative. The use of language is dreadful and there is the obvious confusion between "ensure" with the word he/she should have used, "assure".

I'm not doubting you but I, personally, would be phoning to confirm both the employee and their correspondence.
    01-01-12 02:37 PM
    I ordered a 16GB on 11/24 and received it on 12/16.
    01-01-12 03:39 PM
    they told me I could send it in and get a different one.
    01-01-12 05:34 PM
    Well, dont send it back because someone else will end up with it. I insure you that its new or close to it! JK!
    01-01-12 05:41 PM
    I don't think they're refurbs, but it really doesn't matter if they are. As long as they're not defective, have no scratches or other physical flaws, and the battery is good (even if it's got a couple of recharges already... new units can have that from testing etc), it should be indistinguishable from a "new" one.

I got one of those units, and it had absolutely nothing wrong with it, though it came with a charger that has a changeable plug that would allow me to use it outside of North America if I wanted to.
    01-01-12 06:44 PM
    IMO, the security stickers are for when they are shipped to a third party seller, like BestBuy, so that you know they haven't been messed with since they left the RIM factory. Since these are from the factory to you, the seal isn't needed.
    01-01-12 08:34 PM
    I ordered mine from Shop Blackberry on November 23rd and received it on December 22nd.

It had no seals and was one of those destined for Mexico.

Four days after Christmas, it's as dead as a doornail. Nothing will revive it.
    Blackberry wanted me to stack charge it, but that made no difference. Expect to hear from them again tomorrow.
    01-01-12 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD