Went from pre-order to in stock today
    BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth Keyboard and Case | BlackBerry PlayBook Accessories | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca
    Last edited by balding1; 03-21-12 at 09:37 AM.
    03-21-12 09:32 AM
    Awesome! I guess they should be shipping my preorder soon.. They say preorders are expected to ship by friday.
    03-21-12 11:03 AM
    Excellent. I ordered 3 this morning.
    03-21-12 11:41 AM
    I got notification today that my mini-kb has been shipped to my chosen store,
    03-21-12 11:48 AM
    Just ordered mine. Hopefully I'll get it soon!
    03-21-12 12:09 PM
    I hate this pre-order BS. Why did I even bother if I could just walk into the store now and get it at the same price and not have to wait. This is so stupid. Pay us up front and we'll make you wait. Sounds right to me.
    madman0141 and OniBerry like this.
    03-21-12 12:48 PM
    For myself they put temp hold on my CC but took it away after item was on back order.
    Won't be charged again until shipped.
    03-21-12 12:51 PM
    Yeah well I'm not waiting. Got one on hold. Will return the other one when it arrives.
    03-21-12 12:58 PM
    It doesn't look like you can use this while charging. Don't think this will prevent me from buying it, but it will be annoying at some point I'm sure when I want to use the my PB/Keyboard while it's charging.....

If it can use a PB charger, they should just have a pass through the the PB. oh well.... I'll still buy it
    03-21-12 01:29 PM
    You get Up to 30 days battery life on a single charge so you have to sleep sometime.lol
    03-21-12 01:35 PM
    You get Up to 30 days battery life on a single charge so you have to sleep sometime.lol
    I'm talking about charging the PB, not the keyboard.....

It doesn't look like you can charge the PB and use the Keyboard at the same time
    03-21-12 01:38 PM
    I hate this pre-order BS. Why did I even bother if I could just walk into the store now and get it at the same price and not have to wait. This is so stupid. Pay us up front and we'll make you wait. Sounds right to me.
    Yep, same thing happened to me when I pre-orded my PB. RIM wouldn't allow the orders to be shipped until the actual launch day. There a few instances where PBs had been shipped early and were recalled in-route due to this.So, while I had to wait a couple of days for my PB to be shipped to my local Staples, my GF drove over to the even closer Office Depot and bought hers on the spot! Never again will I pre-order anything unless I'm sure there is going to be high demand and short supply of a product OR the company will ship my product such that it will arrive just before or the same day it is available in stores. Otherwise, it's not worth it.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    03-21-12 01:53 PM
    not that I won't buy the product because of it. But another argument why the charging port is in a bad location.
    Should get mine by Friday, so will find out soon enough.
    03-21-12 02:17 PM
    Thread cleaned up.

Let's continue normal discussion. and leave the immaturity at the door please.
    03-21-12 02:47 PM
    So when will my favourite store start carrying them? ShopCrackberry!!
    03-21-12 03:03 PM
    It doesn't look like you can use this while charging. Don't think this will prevent me from buying it, but it will be annoying at some point I'm sure when I want to use the my PB/Keyboard while it's charging.....

If it can use a PB charger, they should just have a pass through the the PB. oh well.... I'll still buy it
    Sometimes I put my PB in its case upside down when in this situation. The PB is happy. Works with the HDMI cable too.
    Not sure if that's what you mean...
    03-21-12 03:23 PM
    So when will my favourite store start carrying them? ShopCrackberry!!
    My pre-order from Crackberry had been delayed until the end of April because their supplier weren't able to provide the keyboard. So I had to cancelled and reorder at theSource.
    03-21-12 04:09 PM
    Says they only ship to Canadian addresses... Can this not be ordered in the US?
    03-21-12 04:30 PM
    Says they only ship to Canadian addresses... Can this not be ordered in the US?
    Nope, now you know how we feel.
    Tihor and Cracklen like this.
    03-21-12 04:33 PM
    Sometimes I put my PB in its case upside down when in this situation. The PB is happy. Works with the HDMI cable too.
    The cutout for the controls won't let you do that.

You can use it while charging both the keyboard and PlayBook at the same time. It works very well.
    03-21-12 04:34 PM
    Hope so, I checked website earlier today,and no update yet. Just checked again still says Backordered......
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 03-21-12 at 06:55 PM.
    03-21-12 06:49 PM
    I'm sure this is going to come back and bite me in the , but I'm tempted to pick one up just to test it out.

On a side note, I wonder if modern combat would work with the keyboard controls.

Counter-Strike all over again..
    03-21-12 07:45 PM
    I would think you could, but if it's like my current case it only fits one way, and the charger port is in the fold.
    03-21-12 09:44 PM
    Is it worth getting this? From the pic I saw it looks like a net book lol. I am trying to decide between this and the pb otterbox case.
    03-21-12 10:06 PM
    I would think you could, but if it's like my current case it only fits one way, and the charger port is in the fold.
    The ICON case I use is awesome for this. Even in the case upside down, the vol/power buttons are available. Also, the headphone jack and both mics are un-impeded!
    The only restriction is the back camera cut out. That of course could be modified...
    Anyway... not trying to hijack the thread, but wondering if the new keyboard case could be "modified"...?
    03-21-12 11:18 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD