My wife and I bought a playbook at launch and have been sharing ever since. Lately however, I wanted to take it to work and my wife objected, she was using it all day to stream music, look stuff up on the browser, video chatting with her mom and her brother (xmas gifts) and so on...the perfect companion when you're doing child care. Me, I thought it would be great to listen to podcasts on the the way to work, and watch movies at lunch.

Well, with the Telus sale we broke down and got a second playbook and I just started taking it to work. What an experience. Having it all day with me is amazing, I am finding all sorts of new uses for it. And the big thing is that because its mine and with me all day it feels different. I've downloaded a bunch more productivity apps (dropbox, groovy notes,evernote) that make more sense when you have it with you all day. Also, I've organized my apps way better and have gotten rid of alot of apps I don't use. I think it's sort of like owning your own house vs renting, there is greater effort and care taken in its optimization. Also with 2 playbooks sharing the apps, we feel we are getting twice the value with the more expensive apps. With the playbook at my side all day, more than a few people have been blown away by what blackberry has done and have gone out and bought one promptly. The other thing is that with the price drops I am less worried about taking it out with me now. Pretty soon I won't know how I functioned without my playbook! To all those sharing a Playbook, go on and get your own - it changes the experience dramatically. And with socially integrated contacts, calender and unified inbox coming it will really start feeling like your personal social 'playbook'.

#ToolsANDtoysPlaybook
    Sesami, VanCity778 and modine like this.
    02-04-12 01:48 AM
    congrats and enjoy
    02-04-12 01:59 AM
    Love the hashtag
    02-04-12 02:01 AM
    Have fun .
    02-04-12 02:07 AM
    Congrat's!
    02-04-12 02:14 AM
    nice, congrats
    02-04-12 02:50 AM
    Yep, nice relationship !
    02-04-12 05:46 AM
    Very cool! Mine hasn't left my hands enough for my wife to figure it out yet...

You are using the same BB ID to purchase apps on the playbooks? What is the official stance on this from RIM? All things considered, it is a seperate device - might be borderline piracy unfortunately, no?
    02-04-12 09:16 AM
    What the OP says is soooooo true. I got one at launch and my sweetie was going to take it with him to Hong Kong after the first 3 weeks... I was not too happy about that (but I kept that to myself). I came home a week before his trip to find he'd bought the identical one for himself - he was happy - I was ECSTATIC!
    02-04-12 10:39 AM
    Very cool! Mine hasn't left my hands enough for my wife to figure it out yet...

You are using the same BB ID to purchase apps on the playbooks? What is the official stance on this from RIM? All things considered, it is a seperate device - might be borderline piracy unfortunately, no?
    It seems that two pb's can share an bbid and therefore, share apps. I just got a 64 and am trying to "move" apps to it so using appworld. But as you open appworld on one or the other, you get a message and it then limits the current one to appworld. Then you can use the other and get that same message. I'm not sure if you can infinitely go back and forth. But if you want to use video chat, each needs its own bbid. I will do that once I've got this 64 up to snuff. I'll also sort out which apps are worth purchasing a second time for each pb.
    02-04-12 11:24 AM
    I bought my 32 Gb PlayBook back in May '11 and quickly found put that I was only using it 50% of the time. My wife was using it the other 50%....maybe even more. So when they had their 1st major sale ($200 off) in September, I bought her another 32 Gb PlayBook and I re-claimed mine. It never leaves my side.
    modine likes this.
    02-04-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD