this may be one of those,"damn, why didn't i figure that out", moments, but is there a way to sync the playbook native calendar to the bridged phone calendar to avoid putting entries in both???
    03-14-13 03:59 PM
    this may be one of those,"damn, why didn't i figure that out", moments, but is there a way to sync the playbook native calendar to the bridged phone calendar to avoid putting entries in both???
    Behave yourself young man. Anyone with 877 posts has to know the answer to that question!

Just in case you made all of those posts replying to mine I will forgive you.

Try outlook.com, it will sync your mail, contacts and calendar or any combination you choose.

I already know you don't like brandy!
    03-14-13 04:07 PM
    03-14-13 04:08 PM
    ha!!! i don't use outlook,,, i've already got 3 emails & that's plenty,,, i was just hoping there is a way to get my appts. on my pb calendar since i usually enter them on my phone,,, i'd use the pb calendar more often if i could do that,,, as it is the native pb calendars' pages are all stuck together since i never use it the way it's set up now,,, i was trying to find a way last night to do this & when i opened it up it creeked like an old door & dust blew out all over the place...
    03-14-13 04:14 PM
    looks like that guy is trying to do the same thing i am,,, still not resolved...
    03-14-13 04:19 PM
    ha!!! i don't use outlook,,, i've already got 3 emails & that's plenty,,, i was just hoping there is a way to get my appts. on my pb calendar since i usually enter them on my phone,,, i'd use the pb calendar more often if i could do that,,, as it is the native pb calendars' pages are all stuck together since i never use it the way it's set up now,,, i was trying to find a way last night to do this & when i opened it up it creeked like an old door & dust blew out all over the place...
    Yes use Outlook.com. I'm not talking about outlook on your pc, go to outlook.com on the Web, Registered for an account (free), setup the account details on your phone and pb and violla, you have mail, contacts and calendar in perfect sync, or whichever combination you wish to activate. After that whichever device you add or modify details on automatically uodates the other device.

You do need to try brandy you know! Or at least a pasty!
    03-14-13 04:22 PM
    Yes use Outlook.com. I'm not talking about outlook on your pc, go to outlook.com on the Web, Registered for an account (free), setup the account details on your phone and pb and violla, you have mail, contacts and calendar in perfect sync, or whichever combination you wish to activate. After that whichever device you add or modify details on automatically uodates the other device.

You do need to try brandy you know! Or at least a pasty!
    i don't think you understand,,, not being pushy just saying,,, all i want to do is have the appts. on my phone calendar show up on my playbooks' native calendar without 3rd party stuff,,, i don't want to register for anything, give out an email address, or download an app,,, also, those 3rd party apps need wifi & my pc is hardwired for now so syncing that way is not an option unless i have it pushed to phone,,, as it is the playbooks' calendar is useless to me unless i want to enter my appts. twice, which is exactly what i'm trying to avoid...
    03-14-13 04:48 PM
    i don't think you understand,,, not being pushy just saying,,, all i want to do is have the appts. on my phone calendar show up on my playbooks' native calendar without 3rd party stuff,,, i don't want to register for anything, give out an email address, or download an app,,, also, those 3rd party apps need wifi & my pc is hardwired for now so syncing that way is not an option unless i have it pushed to phone,,, as it is the playbooks' calendar is useless to me unlesss i want to enter my appts. twice, which is exactly what i'm trying to avoid...
    Your signature states that you have your pb bridged to your 9850 so there's your answer. Look at your appointments on your phone through your bridge folder.
    03-14-13 04:54 PM
    Your signature states that you have your pb bridged to your 9850 so there's your answer. Look at your appointments on your phone through your bridge folder.
    i already know i can do that,,, but i want to make use of the native calendar also...
    03-14-13 04:56 PM
    i already know i can do that,,, but i want to make use of the native calendar also...
    Ok ok you got me. I fell for it hook line and sinker. I should know better at my age.

Ok then get two baked bean tins, write calendar on them, connect the two tins together with string and your task is complete. To test your device, insert 4" of pre charge into one of the tins, place the other tin against your ear and press the detonation button. If the ear you have the tin pressed up against goes deaf and you suffer severe blood loss from your ears and nose, then your calendar sync is working.
    03-14-13 05:20 PM
    It currently can't be done. There is a note on the BlackBerry support forum that they are working on having Link sync the OS10 phones to a computer. If that gets done, I would assume the Playbook would be able to sync too. In other words, sync phone to computer, then sync Playbook to computer to get any calendar items added by the phone.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-14-13 05:36 PM
    It currently can't be done. There is a note on the BlackBerry support forum that they are working on having Link sync the OS10 phones to a computer. If that gets done, I would assume the Playbook would be able to sync too. In other words, sync phone to computer, then sync Playbook to computer to get any calendar items added by the phone.
    thanks for the info,,, man, they sure don't make it easy,,, this sounds like it should be a simple, & logical, thing to be able to do...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-13 09:10 PM
    SeaWarrior-here is how I handle this. Use your native pb calendar to enter the appointment. In the "atteneldees" line enter your email address of your bb handheld. For me it's @vzw.blackberry.net etc. Once you email your appointment to your bb all you have to do is hit the bb button and hit accept. It is then on the PB and on your bb.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-14-13 10:15 PM
    Another way that I handle it, but I'm not sure if you have a Gmail email address, is to enter the appointment on your handheld and then enter your Gmail email address as an attendee from the appointment. Once you email yourself it automatically syncs to your pb calendar. I'm not sure if this is the same for yahoo or any others. I only do it with Gmail.
    03-14-13 10:19 PM
    thanks jsilvey,,, thing is, i put all my appts. in my BB so they're already on my phone,,, that's usually what i have on me when i make them,,, so i'd have to do it backwards to do it the way you're suggesting,,, i'm just surprised BBry didn't think to let both calendars "talk" when bridged,,, i mean, why have one native to playbook & one native to the phone & not have them be synced somehow??? & i think that i need wifi acccess to do it your way & my pc is hardwired 'cuz i've never had a need for wifi, til now (i live alone in an apt, so never needed it as a family in a house might,,, also i'm a bit security conscious & leery of wifi),,, i've been looking @ routers & i may get the airport extreme, based on what i've been reading & what good friends who know about these things have told me, even if it is a red fruit byproduct,,, & even tho many people use gmail, i have a severe allergy to them also...
    03-14-13 11:16 PM
    come to think of it, i probably should've reworded the title the other way around...
    03-14-13 11:21 PM
    No problem I didn't pick up that you weren't on a Wifi network. That throws a wrench into things then. I'm afraid that I don't know of a work around. You probably already know this, but just in case, the bb and pb don't "talk" when bridged for security reasons. When bridged rim didn't want to take a chance of you losing your playbook with all your sensitive data on there. I wish you had the option through desktop manager but that never happened. I guess the thinking is that if you lose your bb you can at least remotely wipe it via bb protect.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-15-13 07:31 AM
    If you're not keen on sharing your calendar with cloud providers like Microsoft or Google, you can make your own cloud Check out PlayBook on the Cloud way | ProgWeb

I'm trying to get this running at the moment with a virtual machine on my computer. I don't mind having to run it manually as long as I can control the data. If you really want instant calendar sync between your phone and Playbook, you still have to put the data online either with an established provider or by buying the hosting yourself.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-15-13 09:52 AM