I setup 2 Gmail accounts on my PlayBook and by default it looks like you can only receive email messages that are 3, 7, 14 or 30 days old.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to make older messages look new?

TIA
    03-05-12 08:25 AM
    I setup 2 Gmail accounts on my PlayBook and by default it looks like you can only receive email messages that are 3, 7, 14 or 30 days old.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to make older messages look new?

TIA
    I don't think it's "natively" possible... I wish the message app would be able to at least give "online" access to older than 30 days messages.

I understand the logic in limiting message age download since it could fill the playbook storage pretty quickly, but I'd like to at least be able to access my old GMAIL mail from the playbook app when connected...

Maybe some kind of "leave mail on server" option would be useful too...
    03-05-12 08:49 AM
    When I first upgraded to OS2.0 and setup my gmail on my messages, it got i'd say up to 20 days of e-mails, but then couple of days later about 3/4 of those messages dissapeared for no reason, and they definitly were more recenty than 30 days.

They were still on my gmail inbox, so it was kinda odd.
    03-05-12 09:10 AM
    Hopefully RIM will sooooon release some advanced external search option (as we have for Gmail on BIS) - so we can access "all" our mail. Also , I hope there will be an easy "Archive" implementation, and options to Label the emails with more than 1 Label...
    03-05-12 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD