Is there a way to quickly scroll to the top of the webpage in the playbook browser?

In ios, you can do so by touching the top of the screen. Wondering if there is something equivalent on the playbook.

I know, I can do a series of quick swipes. However just wondering if there is an easier way to get to the top of the webpage.

Thanks for helping out a newbie
    01-16-12 06:52 AM
    No there isn't. Hopefully it will come along sometime.
    01-16-12 07:03 AM
    I was hoping for this too. And maybe some multitouch swiping gestures to go back or forward.
    01-16-12 07:11 AM
    Would be awesome to have a scroll bar on the side (like on the PC) to manuver top to bottom, but also to be able to see how much longer the thread/message is.

I find myself looking for this all the time...
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    01-16-12 10:12 AM
    i am new to the playbook as well and ha e been wondering about it myself. Would be great if one could be implemented.
    01-16-12 10:29 AM
    No.What do you think this is? A blackberry or somethin?!!
    dave1701 likes this.
    01-16-12 10:39 AM
    This is also no way to directly reopen your home page. But if you close all tabs, it will reopen your homepage.
    01-16-12 11:56 AM
    Would be awesome to have a scroll bar on the side (like on the PC) to manuver top to bottom, but also to be able to see how much longer the thread/message is.

I find myself looking for this all the time...
    When you scroll a page side to side or top/bottom there is a scroll bar indicator that appears on the bottom or right side of the PB screen. I just wish one could select them to use that to scroll, instead of having to swipe all the way up or down a page.
    01-16-12 12:17 PM
    i figured id bump this thread.

can any of the beta testers say if this is present in OS2.1 ?
    06-20-12 08:07 AM
    No, it's not. But Dolphin Browser has a gesture to do it.
    yunvi likes this.
    06-20-12 08:25 AM
    Refresh the page!
    06-20-12 08:28 AM
    Refresh the page!
    That doesn't do it. It just takes you back to the same place you were.
    06-20-12 09:12 AM
    I believe Secure Browser has top/bottom gestures.
    06-20-12 11:24 AM
    This is also no way to directly reopen your home page. But if you close all tabs, it will reopen your homepage.
    Hi F2, have you tried opening a new tab, thats all I do to reopen the home page, I don't close all tabs, or am I misunderstanding what you mean.
    06-20-12 11:53 AM
    Hi F2, have you tried opening a new tab, thats all I do to reopen the home page, I don't close all tabs, or am I misunderstanding what you mean.
    I probably was not clear. When you are on any webpage, there is not direct way to reopen your homepage (on bb phones, pressing H will open homepage). Yes, opening an additional tab will open homepage, or if you only have ONE tab currently open, to get back to homepage, quickly on that one tab, just close it.
    06-20-12 12:30 PM
    I probably was not clear. When you are on any webpage, there is not direct way to reopen your homepage (on bb phones, pressing H will open homepage). Yes, opening an additional tab will open homepage, or if you only have ONE tab currently open, to get back to homepage, quickly on that one tab, just close it.
    I see what you mean now, the only way I found to overcome that is to bookmark my homepage it's the only bookmark I have.
    06-20-12 01:20 PM
    Refresh the page!
    On refresh it goes to the same mark on the page before you refreshed.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-29-12 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Useless comment by a smartarse not even testing his own 'brilliant idea' :D
    06-20-12 01:32 PM
    I hope that BB10 will have numerous new gestures and missing features for the browser. For example, the ability to search for something on a page.
    FF22, look_alive, Big_Ern and 1 others like this.
    06-20-12 02:24 PM
    I hope that BB10 will have numerous new gestures and missing features for the browser. For example, the ability to search for something on a page.
    Sorry, I canNOT LIKE that more than once, more like a DOZEN TIMES!!!! How archaic!
    yunvi and look_alive like this.
    06-20-12 02:36 PM
    I verified that this works on a PC using Google Chrome but I haven't verified it on PlayBook yet. My idea is tedious and requires a lot of typing in the PB URL address box but you may be able to automate it with copy and paste some how. This supposedly will only work when typing this in the URL address line of a website it can not be set up like a hyperlink (I think - you could try though):

1. To scroll to top clear the entire line and type this in Address box javascript:window.scrollTo(1,1) and press Enter

2. To scroll to bottom clear the entire line and type this in Address box javascript:window.scrollTo(1,9999) and press Enter (last number can be any ridiculously large number)

To make URL address box appear on PB simply swipe your finger from top of PB downward. If you have this workaround as a text document on your PB (or your personal website space) you can copy text to your clipboard for pasting in the address box. Manually or using an automated script using Document.execCommand("Copy") to put that javascript immediate command above into your clipboard before going to your favorite long threaded forum - then use CTRL-V (or PB version of paste) to paste it into the address box. If you make it a hyperlink in your PB bookmark it may not work correctly. Also not sure if is case sensitive or not.

Let me know if it works...

Re: going to your homepage from a different website? You can't save your homepage in your PB bookmarks?

UPDATE 18-JUL 2012 15:02: It works! However I have gotten the command into clipboard for pasting but you have to type it once first. Will try hyperlinking and automation later... IT IS CASE-SENSITIVE - YOU HAVE TO CAPITALIZE THE T in scrollTo()...
    Last edited by SpookySr; 07-18-12 at 02:03 PM.
    07-18-12 01:10 PM
    I verified that this works on a PC using Google Chrome but I haven't verified it on PlayBook yet. My idea is tedious and requires a lot of typing in the PB URL address box but you may be able to automate it with copy and paste some how. This supposedly will only work when typing this in the URL address line of a website it can not be set up like a hyperlink (I think - you could try though):

1. To scroll to top clear the entire line and type this in Address box javascript:window.scrollTo(1,1) and press Enter

2. To scroll to bottom clear the entire line and type this in Address box javascript:window.scrollTo(1,9999) and press Enter (last number can be any ridiculously large number)

To make URL address box appear on PB simply swipe your finger from top of PB downward. If you have this workaround as a text document on your PB (or your personal website space) you can copy text to your clipboard for pasting in the address box. Manually or using an automated script using Document.execCommand("Copy") to put that javascript immediate command above into your clipboard before going to your favorite long threaded forum - then use CTRL-V (or PB version of paste) to paste it into the address box. If you make it a hyperlink in your PB bookmark it may not work correctly. Also not sure if is case sensitive or not.

Let me know if it works...

Re: going to your homepage from a different website? You can't save your homepage in your PB bookmarks?

UPDATE 18-JUL 2012 15:02: It works! However I have gotten the command into clipboard for pasting but you have to type it once first. Will try hyperlinking and automation later... IT IS CASE-SENSITIVE - YOU HAVE TO CAPITALIZE THE T in scrollTo()...
    Interesting but complex.

If you close ALL Tabs or if you only have ONE tab open and Close it, your homepage will be reloaded.
    07-18-12 03:10 PM
    You could also add your Home page to your Bookmarks.
    07-18-12 03:47 PM
    Even if the letter T worked like it does on BB7.

Swipe up the keyboard and hit T would be fine by me.
    07-18-12 05:17 PM
    Not quite an answer but if you are in landscape and facing a lot of scrolling it saves some time to go to portrait.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    07-28-12 08:17 PM
    Not quite an answer but if you are in landscape and facing a lot of scrolling it saves some time to go to portrait.
    That's a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it already.
    07-28-12 08:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD